Hi! Just thought I'd share this.
    Apart from the many great things I'm continuing to discover on my newly enhanced 2.0 Playbook, I tried connecting my bluetooth headset with it and was pleasantly surprised that it works perfectly (audio, and remote control functions).
    Just one of the many things I was looking forward to with OS 2.0!

Great job, RIM! OS 2.0 is a work of art!
    02-21-12 11:25 AM
    What headset? BT for music or phone?
    02-21-12 11:43 AM
    What headset? BT for music or phone?
    For both, actually. Bought this bluetooth headset that works for phone calls, and for playing music. It has built-in media controls for play, stop, forward and back.

I bought it for use with my Torch 9860, and it kinda sucked not being able to use it back then for the Playbook. But I'm glad that with OS 2.0, it works perfectly on my Playbook too.
    02-21-12 11:57 AM
    Hi! Just thought I'd share this.
    Apart from the many great things I'm continuing to discover on my newly enhanced 2.0 Playbook, I tried connecting my bluetooth headset with it and was pleasantly surprised that it works perfectly (audio, and remote control functions).
    I haven't been so lucky with Playbook OS 2 finding my plantonics backbeat bluetooth headset. What is the brand of headset are you using?
    02-21-12 03:06 PM
    I haven't been so lucky with Playbook OS 2 finding my plantonics backbeat bluetooth headset. What is the brand of headset are you using?
    Hi! Sorry to hear that leboss. I'm using HiSense bluetooth headset.
    Actually, the first time I connected it, it wouldn't play audio, but the media controls were working. I deleted the device and paired it again, and it worked perfectly. I'm guessing when I paired it again with the Playbook, settings were refreshed. You might want to give it a try. Hope it works so you won't have to get another bluetooth headset.
    02-22-12 10:10 AM
    Paired fine with Motorola S305 headphones, Motorola DC800 stereo gateway, and Logitech Z515 speakers.
    apg300 likes this.
    02-22-12 10:16 AM
    Hi! Sorry to hear that leboss. I'm using HiSense bluetooth headset.
    I deleted the device and paired it again, and it worked perfectly. I'm guessing when I paired it again with the Playbook, settings were refreshed. You might want to give it a try. Hope it works so you won't have to get another bluetooth headset.
    Thank you aj.bb.fanatic (and JasW). That did the trick! I love my playbook!
    apg300 likes this.
    02-22-12 03:06 PM
    Thank you aj.bb.fanatic (and JasW). That did the trick! I love my playbook!
    You're most welcome, leboss! Sincerely happy for you! Enjoy!
    02-24-12 01:54 PM
    Hello,I also am about to buy a bluetooth head set. Can someone please test... Far cry but it would be nice if you can answer calls also if your phone is connected to the playbook.

Also can we surf the internet while listening to music (playbook tethering via bluetooth with phone while headset also paired with playbook)

Thanks
    07-03-12 08:15 PM
    Hello,I also am about to buy a bluetooth head set. Can someone please test... Far cry but it would be nice if you can answer calls also if your phone is connected to the playbook.

Also can we surf the internet while listening to music (playbook tethering via bluetooth with phone while headset also paired with playbook)

Thanks
    You can use an app called blackberry phone remote. It images your phone screen to your PB and if you blackberry is touch u can take and make calls from the PB using a BT headset.
    ..Steve.. likes this.
    07-03-12 08:47 PM

Thanks
    Yes of course you can still surf and listen to music and other stuff at the same time

You can use an app called blackberry phone remote. It images your phone screen to your PB and if you blackberry is touch u can take and make calls from the PB using a BT headset.
    Wow! I didn't know that gonna have to check that out! Thanks
    07-03-12 10:31 PM
    Thanks for the tip. Works well!
    07-03-12 11:16 PM
    Great, Playbook has now caught up to 2008, when I first used A2DP and AVRCP on my ancient RAZR flip phone.
    07-04-12 05:48 AM
    What I'd like to know is why when connected to bt audio devices, the pb canNOT control the volume on some devices while my bbphone can control the volume on the same devices? Another bt protocol that is lacking on the pb???

I just purchased the Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth� audio devices and while I can play music through it (right now) I canNOT control the volume from the pb. But when I paired my 9930, I CAN control the volume.
    07-04-12 09:06 AM
    I just got a Nokia BH-503 bluetooth head phones and it works great with my BB99790 and PB. I can listen to music while surfing using the 3G on my 9790 then when I get a call I see on my PB who is calling and I have an option of answer or dropping (which I don't) the call with a button on the headset. Then after the call my music comes back to life. I can even do voice dialing (but not so good) My 9780 now stays inside my pocket and I do my massages on my PB and answer call with the headset

NOW my only problem is this %&*^%##@&( nokia head phones hurts my ear after three hours of wearing.

I want to try the Dr.Dre Beat bluetooth but wow they are soooooo expensive
    07-04-12 06:43 PM
    Im trying to pair my motorola S10hd to my playbook, and is not working i restarted tablet and still not working anybody can help me please.
    07-06-12 12:30 PM
    Im trying to pair my motorola S10hd to my playbook, and is not working i restarted tablet and still not working anybody can help me please.
    i have the exact same pair and worked flawlessly, all i did was set my PB to search, press and held the power button on the S10HD's and within 3 seconds, my PB popped up with the sync. Not sure why it's giving you a hassle.
    07-06-12 12:38 PM
    Yeah, make sure the Moto's are in pairing mode. Make sure that in BT, you have the pb discoverable for that two minute or longer.
    07-06-12 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD