Has anyone had success connecting or sending a file from their z10 to their playbook? It always says fail on mine. Somehow it can't connect to successfully send a file but it does recognize when the blue tooth is turned on and the z10 appears on. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 08:21 PM
    The protocol to allow file transfer does not exist on the PB. You can send it as an email attachment. Or you may be able to use the File Manager and gain access between the two devices and copy/paste.
    04-15-14 11:48 PM
    So how does the blue tooth on the playbook work?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 11:59 PM
    Download blackberry bridge to your z10 to transfer files via bt to your playbook and viceversa.
    04-16-14 12:04 AM
    Protocol does not exist (says z10) when trying to share to bridged playbook. Wifi works as long as BB Link is active and the PB is part of the network.
    04-16-14 07:59 AM
    Using a file manager app like ghost commander or files and folders on your pb go to the folder named blackberry while bridged to your bb phone:

Open the folder and now you can transfer files via bluetooth just by moving or copying them from your playbook. Dunno if this works the same with a z10 though but it works with bb7 phones.
    EchoesFX likes this.
    04-16-14 01:52 PM
    Using a file manager app like ghost commander or files and folders on your pb go to the folder named blackberry while bridged to your bb phone:
    http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/...ps75c3cb48.png

Open the folder and now you can transfer files via bluetooth just by moving or copying them from your playbook. Dunno if this works the same with a z10 though but it works with bb7 phones.
    I confirm that it works with BB10 phones too.

Note: For this to work properly, Bridge your phone, then open the native file manager and unlock the connection there first. If you just open up Ghost Commander without doing this, it doesn't play nice.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 07:34 PM
    I was using the file manager app on the PlayBook (I don't recall the name, I remember it was 2.99 and had a green logo?) it would let you access your phone from your PlayBook but it was very cpu intensive and locked up regularly.

Is ghost commander smoother do you think? I also find it dumb that the PlayBook can't read videos from my z10... i need a 3rd party app to play the videos -_-

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 07:38 PM
    Ghost Commander works smooth enough. I do NOT advise using this method for large file transfers. They sometimes misbehave. ES File Explorer works too, but you must sideload it.

Kfile might also be a good fit for this. It's native, built in Qt, but again, must be sideloaded. WARNING: Do not leave JPEG thumbnails on or you will regret it when you open the camera folder.

Whenever possible you are far better off getting both devices on a wifi network and using Ghost Commander to access your device via SMB.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-16-14 08:41 PM
    If using Bridge and both the phone and the PlayBook are on the same wifi network, it will do the transfer over the faster wifi. You really notice this when using show on PlayBook for larger files and you are connected to Wifi.
    04-18-14 06:38 AM