Uh oh..

Today when I fired up the PlayBook I couldn't get the bridge to work. The Bluetooth icon says "No connected devices".

I deleted the pairing, re-paired OK but still it says "No connected devices".

I rebooted both the phone and PB (Battery pull on the phone), still no luck.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    10-27-11 10:24 PM
    Uh oh..

Today when I fired up the PlayBook I couldn't get the bridge to work. The Bluetooth icon says "No connected devices".

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    couple of things.... if ur carrier is AT&T then will have to get a different version of the bridge app, delete the current one, do battery pull... reboot and it should work. second make sure u have the correct, latest version of the bridge app on ur BB. the app should be compatible with ur BB OS version-this is important if u got the app OTA from rrory's website.
    Good luck.
    10-27-11 10:32 PM
    Thanks. Nope, not with AT&T. All the Bluetooth and Bridge functionality has been working just fine since day one. All of a sudden today the PlayBook doesn't show the Torch when I tap the Bluetooth icon up by the clock.
    10-27-11 10:42 PM
    it's typical. rebooting playbook and restarting the phone would certainly do the trick.
    10-27-11 11:10 PM
    As I mentioned in my first post, I rebooted both devices with no resolution to the problem/
    10-27-11 11:12 PM
    I have a problem most mornings. My 9650/Bold turns off then on automatically. Off at 11pm and on at 6am. Most mornings the bridge apps are NOT connected. If I look at the Connections Manager on the phone, it shows BT ON but with a "-" showing NO paired devices. If I then turn off and then turn on the bt connection, the blue led starts up after about a minute and the pairing fixes itself.

I don't know if rebooting the entire phone accomplishes this or might still leave bt ON but not paired.

This problem started with the bridge update before the current one - I did downgrade the bridge ota and if fixed the problem but it was two versions old and I decided to upgrade it again but work around the problem.

(while I don't know if this will fix your problem but this "part time troll" (by some definitions) does still try helping with pb problems)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-28-11 12:23 AM
    I deleted the pairing a second time and tried again, this time with the PB initiating the search for BT devices.

Seemed to work just fine.
    10-28-11 10:59 AM
    I use a BB9700 and have noticed that if and when I turn off the bluetooth on the BB, the bridge with PB cannot be reestablished. There is some glitch somewhere but I have figured it out- just need to do a battery pull on the BB and that seems to solve the problem . Mere restart of the PB/BB never fixed it.
    -
    10-28-11 02:39 PM
    I have a problem most mornings.
    Yes... me too!

In fact it's become part of my routine: unplug charger, fix BT connection, read overnight mail.

If I then turn off and then turn on the bt connection, the blue led starts up after about a minute and the pairing fixes itself.
    The "swipe the top of your BB (where the network provider title lives), untick BT connection, count to 10, re-tick BT connection" technique works for me everytime. I have used the nuclear option of battery pulls and re-pairing, but I'm no longer convinced that's necessary.

Just Trolling Sayin'
    10-28-11 03:24 PM
    Yes... me too!

In fact it's become part of my routine: unplug charger, fix BT connection, read overnight mail.

The "swipe the top of your BB (where the network provider title lives), untick BT connection, count to 10, re-tick BT connection" technique works for me everytime. I have used the nuclear option of battery pulls and re-pairing, but I'm no longer convinced that's necessary.

Just Trolling Sayin'
    Sounds like more confirmation that toggling (no, not trolling) the bt connection can fix it.
    10-28-11 04:10 PM
    Nope, broke again. paired up but still shows no bluetooth devices connected. what a shame, it has been working so well up to now...
    10-31-11 05:07 PM
    Uh oh..

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    It happened to me, after having added another BT device on my phone (my computer).
    What I did, in sequence :
    1. Delete the Bridge PB and Phone entries
    2. delete the Blue Tooth PB and Phone entries
    3. Start over the brigding process with tag WITHOUT prior BT pairing (bridging process does it together)

Hope it can help.
    ssbtech likes this.
    10-31-11 05:13 PM
    Thanks, just tried it and it connected right up. Hopefully it stays working.
    10-31-11 05:24 PM
    Thanks, just tried it and it connected right up. Hopefully it stays working.
    You're welcome, please follow-up for others if it stays working.
    10-31-11 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD