Check out upgrade to Bluebox. Offers nice new managing features.
    dogdaddy likes this.
    06-14-11 05:17 PM
    I smell a pay version coming up. Select a file and choose "Zip as..."
    Bluebox Plus...
    Not that I'd complain about that.
    06-14-11 05:42 PM
    I think a pay version is a given seeing as it says Premium Feature. As long as the price is reasonable it's worth it with the work that has clearly been put into this app.
    06-14-11 06:19 PM
    This application does not yet work for me. i keep getting errors when trying to access synched sub-folders. I'm hopeful they'll eventually get it right.
    06-14-11 08:21 PM
    Check out upgrade to Bluebox. Offers nice new managing features.
    Sweet! This is now a killer app. I wish you could edit your revies, id like to increase my rating.
    06-15-11 07:17 AM
    May I just ask about dropbox/bluebox, is it secure? because I have documents work related that I want to upload in dropbox, But I want to make sure that I am the only one that can access my files, can the maker of dropbox/bluebox access my files?
    06-15-11 07:45 AM
    If you dig into the Dropbox webiste, i think the issue of security is addressed. Im retired so am not worried. My wife is an engineering manager and i know she uses it for some work documents. Your company may have a policy regarding file sharing.
    06-15-11 09:37 AM
    The app works well for me BUT if you select a file in Bluebox on your PB and download it where does it go? It seems I can only view the image that I scanned and then dropped into my Bluebox PC end within Bluebox at the PB end? I cant zoom out, only navigate around the picture close up . Or am I missing something?
    06-15-11 11:13 AM
    Also, if you create a new folder whilst using Bluebox on the PB you can't delete it on the PB????
    06-15-11 11:18 AM
    May I just ask about dropbox/bluebox, is it secure? because I have documents work related that I want to upload in dropbox, But I want to make sure that I am the only one that can access my files, can the maker of dropbox/bluebox access my files?
    i listened to the security expert on twit network talking to Leo Laport about this issue and according to this security expert, Dropbox did have a breach due to a disgruntled Dropbox employee who accessed subscriber files. I personally wouldn't be concerned but I also don't have any sensitive files that I'm sending to the cloud.
    06-15-11 11:32 AM
    The app works well for me BUT if you select a file in Bluebox on your PB and download it where does it go? It seems I can only view the image that I scanned and then dropped into my Bluebox PC end within Bluebox at the PB end? I cant zoom out, only navigate around the picture close up . Or am I missing something?
    There is a subfolder created under documents called bluebox. you files are in there
    06-15-11 11:39 AM
    There is a subfolder created under documents called bluebox. you files are in there
    Under documents? I don't have an icon for documents! I checked under "Word to go", "Photo's" and looked at every other icon but can't see that any of the others would be "Documents" ??
    06-15-11 11:51 AM
    Download the free AirBrowser app if you don't already have a file manager installed.
    06-15-11 11:59 AM
    Download the free AirBrowser app if you don't already have a file manager installed.
    That's brilliant, thanks.
    On a diferent note, WTF????? No file browser from standard??? I can't believe it!!! I love the Playbook but it's still a way off being THE business tablet etc.

Any other worthwhile apps I should know about?
    06-15-11 12:03 PM
    There is no native file manager on the PB. This was a big issue for me, but now there are several excellent ones in app world, so i'm happy
    06-15-11 01:02 PM
    I really want this app to keep improving; would even pay for it.
    06-15-11 01:12 PM
    I'm glad to see that the app is being updated regularly.

I still get server errors but not as much as before.
    06-15-11 03:32 PM
    There is no native file manager on the PB. This was a big issue for me, but now there are several excellent ones in app world, so i'm happy
    Currently using the Air Browser but would like to get one of the better ones - just seems silly if RIM are going to include a file manager....or are they - anyone?
    06-15-11 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD