I just purchased a PlayBook off of Amazon.com and it lists the manufacturer as "Blind Man Sound" instead of RIM. All I could find out about BMSound is that they mainly deal with audio components (as their name suggests).

Are there any major differences besides price? If so could you please inform me of what they are?

Thanks in advance,
    CMB

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 06:28 AM
    I think it's just a mistake on Amazon
    Many sellers use automated systems to make listings, I think it can be the reason
    07-16-13 06:36 AM
    I just purchased a PlayBook off of Amazon.com and it lists the manufacturer as "Blind Man Sound" instead of RIM. All I could find out about BMSound is that they mainly deal with audio components (as their name suggests).

Are there any major differences besides price? If so could you please inform me of what they are?

Thanks in advance,
    CMB

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a link to that specific site? Just quickly looking at Amazon and searching for "playbook" the prices are all over the place!
    07-16-13 08:55 AM
    Do you have a link to that specific site? Just quickly looking at Amazon and searching for "playbook" the prices are all over the place!
    LOL!! The prices indicate the confusion BB had cause the playbook market. Buyers need to have a set of standard questions for the sellers. E.g. At what stage of playbook update are you basing your pricing on?
    07-16-13 09:12 AM
    I searched online those keywords and it looks like it's a "scam" website that makes money with amazon referrals.
    I clicked and I got a playbook with that brand in my cart.
    But, when you click it, it's effectively made by RIM
    07-16-13 09:23 AM
    "Blind Man"... Rebranding of RIM/BB?
    07-16-13 10:33 AM
    "Blind Man"... Rebranding of RIM/BB?
    More like us blindly bought into BB product and now have to sound off on this forum.
    dmlis likes this.
    07-16-13 10:42 AM