I downloaded the new OS and confirmed yes to restart the devise. When I returned I had a blank screen, I can turn it on and off but when it is "on" I get a blank screen as though it is in stand by mode. It won't do anything when I swipe it. I charged it all day today and it still won't work correctly. Can anyone help me?
    06-07-11 03:25 PM
    I tried to connect to the desktop software and it is unable to communicate with the PB. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    06-07-11 03:47 PM
    I've been dealing with a similar problem all day. remember we have free tech support. they may just rma you. hope you backed up your files.
    Mine either makes it to the main screen but is unclickable, or keeps showing me playbook and bubbles for 20 mins..
    If you turn it off and plug it in, DM WILL see it and ask you if you want to upgrade the software. Give it a shot.
    06-07-11 03:54 PM
    Thanks, I disconected it, then turned it off and turned it back on and lo and behold it started up. I must have turned it on and off 30 times with no success, why it worked now I don't know. I am now backing it up (didn't do it before), I guess I should have checked to see if the update took, I will check it out when the back up is finished. Thanks for your help, I hope your problems get fixed.
    06-07-11 04:21 PM
    4 times I've downloaded the new OS with no apparent problems. 4 times I've tried to install the new OS. All 4 times it got to 96% / 304mb, stopped, and said it had failed to install correctly. Between attempts 2 and 3 I did a restart. Other than waiting until I get home and trying it again I'm not sure where to go from here.
    06-07-11 04:34 PM
    Darn, I think it is stuck on Back up. It's been almost 20 min. shouldn't it be finished by now?
    06-07-11 04:49 PM
    My first attempt this morning pooched at about 96% from home. I tried again at work and it downloaded and installed issue free. Was weird though, just hung on the install bar for almost an hour.
    06-07-11 04:52 PM
    tech support is saying the update fried my playbook. too exhausted to type up all the crap i just went through in a new thread. will do it on 2nd wind later. they want to RMA me so i can send it away and they'll fix it. they wont replace it if its broken from their update. lovely.
    06-07-11 05:03 PM
    Wow I'm so sorry to hear that!! An update frying your PB??? Thats just not right, how can that happen? Glad I got mine working before reading this, I would be spitting fire.
    06-07-11 05:50 PM
    yeah. i keep trying in vain to re up the os (it allows you to try even though its off)like when someone dies, and theyve done mouth to mouth and chest compressions, and all the medics back away and one loved one is left trying over and over... k.. time for my own thread
    06-07-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD