10-31-11 11:46 AM
    Couldn't agree more - BB is for business, ifad is for play. If only RIM could understand that...and stop trying to be "cool". The cool train left the station a while a ago. Get back to business RIM!

Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-31-11 at 11:55 AM.
    advcomputer likes this.
    10-31-11 11:53 AM
    I disagree. I have an iPad and a PlayBook, and currently I'm able to use the iPad's citrix receiver (the PlayBook receiver does not include support for RSA tokens) and the iPad has a nice vSphere client app. The only thing I really do with my PlayBook (which I've had since launch) is check to see if there's an OS update, so I can see what this thing is really supposed to do. It's a shame, I really like the user experience on the PB, but the ifad (hardly) has much more usability as a business app. I don't even want to get into the lame documents to go suite that's on the PB...
    10-31-11 12:09 PM
    Isn't that funny. Everyone screams that RIM needs to become more consumer friendly and they are working toward that now people are saying they need to stop.

So which is it?

Right now the playbook OS is still an infant and it will have those things for business. If you need those apps now then I guess buying the playbook was a mistake for you. Even though we all know the slogans RIM put out there it was still pretty obvious if anyone bothered to really check that those things were going to take more time.

As it is now there is starting to be better apps aval.
    10-31-11 12:27 PM
    I disagree. I have an iPad and a PlayBook, and currently I'm able to use the iPad's citrix receiver (the PlayBook receiver does not include support for RSA tokens) and the iPad has a nice vSphere client app. The only thing I really do with my PlayBook (which I've had since launch) is check to see if there's an OS update, so I can see what this thing is really supposed to do. It's a shame, I really like the user experience on the PB, but the ifad (hardly) has much more usability as a business app. I don't even want to get into the lame documents to go suite that's on the PB...
    The article was really about the ifone, not the ifad, but yes that's what I'm saying - focus on the business end of developing the playbook - it needs work - back off of the consumer stuff until that happens. Then the consumers will follow.

Regardless - I much prefer the portability and discretion offered by the playbook for business meetings over that ten inch monster.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-31-11 at 12:31 PM.
    10-31-11 12:29 PM
    Isn't that funny. Everyone screams that RIM needs to become more consumer friendly and they are working toward that now people are saying they need to stop.

So which is it?

Right now the playbook OS is still an infant and it will have those things for business. If you need those apps now then I guess buying the playbook was a mistake for you. Even though we all know the slogans RIM put out there it was still pretty obvious if anyone bothered to really check that those things were going to take more time.

As it is now there is starting to be better apps aval.
    I think investors had hoped that they could do two things at once, innovating on the business side while also capturing the consumer side. Unfortunately, it has not worked out as hoped.
    10-31-11 12:43 PM
    I've been using the Citrix Receiver on Playbook to connect to work for a few weeks now. I use both a password and RSA token passcode to connect to a Citrix server without issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 12:55 PM
    Sorry, I should've been more specific - I receive a not supported error while using the Citrix Receiver, Access to Access Gateway Advanced Edition server is not supported.
    10-31-11 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD