That was uncalled for.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:22 AM
    I haven't used tethering but have used my z10 as a hotspot for my Kindle fire. Streaming can be slow for films but that's possibly more down to the mobile network rather than compatibility.
    03-11-14 07:40 AM
    I find scrolling in BB WORLD on the PlayBook to be a bit stuttery / laggy now... the home screen is smooth as silk but if they would optimize "smoothness" on the current PBOS that would do a lot to inject new life into the PB...

but BlackBerry isn't going to do that and the PlayBook hardware is a bit too antiquated to compete so a new tablet with a CPU/GPU that can push a 4k screen worth of pixels would be welcome.

But if it doesn't have full Bridge capabilities, I don't see the point, but I'd probably buy one anyway.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:09 AM
    BlackBerry should stick to phones. They have a good model to get a good slice of the market. That will help them survive and be very profitable. That will get the shareholders off their back. No point getting into the tablet market when they have nothing to gain.

My two PlayBooks are great little media consumption devices, but I would not do work on it. JC has spoken of BlackBerry's existing key base. He's hit the nail on the head. The Enterprise and Government are their key user base and that is their only hope. Individuals like you and me will only go for BlackBerry because we are biased... and I'm biased. In today's tight economic climate many CIOs feel uncomfortable making an investment in a company that could go broke. So BlackBerry must make sound decisions... another stray attempt into the tablet space will be seen as an aimless stab in the dark.

Corporates have to make sound investments and I think the day has arrived where the company has to support two model concurrently... company provided devices and BYODs. I can't stand the BYOD, but have to accept it's here to stay. If BlackBerry are to succeed, it has to retain the market for company-provided devices. In today's climate the company will provide two devices. A laptop and a phone.

A Surface Pro or Venue Pro will suit as a laptop replacement. BlackBerry can't win this slice. But they definitely can win the smartphone. I'm speaking from a corporate perspective.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 08:14 AM
    If they couldn't work with the quality hardware build of the first playbook, what gives you any reason to think they could do better starting over?

That extra gig of ram that no other tablet needs must be the holy grail.
    03-11-14 08:28 AM
    That statement of yours is senseless. That's like saying "Well, if we didn't get email right with the RIM handheld pager, what makes you think we're going to ever get it right "?

Think before you speak. You don't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:01 PM
    That statement of yours is senseless. That's like saying "Well, if we didn't get email right with the RIM handheld pager, what makes you think we're going to ever get it right "?

Think before you speak. You don't make any sense.

Posted via CB10
    Well comparing tech from 20 years ago to a playbook released three years ago doesn't make any sense. It was one of the better built tablets with good hardware for its time. The fact that Rimberry can't build software to operate their own designed hardware product speaks for itself.

And since you mentioned email. They kinda neglected to include that in the intial release of the Ipad killing business tablet of the future, built by a communications company.

Two years they worked with the playbook and never even came close to getting it right. That is why I have no faith in their ability to ever release a fully functioning tablet. Certainly not one that would turn a profit.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 03-11-14 at 01:29 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-11-14 01:08 PM
    Guess it's time for you to go to Apple then.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:20 PM
    Guess it's time for you to go to Apple then.

Posted via CB10
    No need. I already have two overpriced glorified Ipod's with blackberry logos. My frustration is complete
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-11-14 02:37 PM
    The Z30 is what the Playbook should have been, albeit the screen size, It does all what everbody wished for, and a more baked android implementation (from what I hear, I haven't received the update from VZW which allows this). This should fix the "hail Mary and roll the dice" converting and sideloading cra*shoot.......

c
    03-11-14 03:44 PM
    No need. I already have two overpriced glorified Ipod's with blackberry logos. My frustration is complete
    Congratulate yourself.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 04:08 PM
    [QUOTE=Carl Estes;10107692]The Z30 is what the Playbook should have been, albeit the screen size, It does all what everbody wished for, and a more baked android implementation (from what I hear, I haven't received the update from VZW which allows this). This should fix the "hail Mary "

Would have been nice if BB could have put out a device in 2011 which used the technology available in 2014. They would be the world leaders now.
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    03-11-14 04:15 PM
    [QUOTE=jpash549;10107778]
    The Z30 is what the Playbook should have been, albeit the screen size, It does all what everbody wished for, and a more baked android implementation (from what I hear, I haven't received the update from VZW which allows this). This should fix the "hail Mary "

Would have been nice if BB could have put out a device in 2011 which used the technology available in 2014. They would be the world leaders now.
    Would have been nice if they used 2011 software in 2011 or at least updated to 2011 software when they released the OS upgrades in 2012 and 2013.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    03-12-14 08:12 AM
38 12