I know it's not the proper time to ask this question but, are we going to see Blackberry Tablet OS leaks here on Crackberry.com?

How does this work? I mean what is the mechanism? How do you guys bring leaks and make them available for download? Is it possible to do so for the Playbook OS?

Regards,
    03-04-11 12:20 PM
    I know it's not the proper time to ask this question but, are we going to see Blackberry Tablet OS leaks here on Crackberry.com?

How does this work? I mean what is the mechanism? How do you guys bring leaks and make them available for download? Is it possible to do so for the Playbook OS?

Regards,
    based on the total lack of any leaks from the QNX side, and the fact it wont need carrier certification for the OS variants then leaks will be few and far between.

never say never tho lol
    03-04-11 12:22 PM
    The initial reports are that it will be locked to Appworld and not have any side loading of anything, at least for a while. They may change this down the road, or may not. Maybe they'll go the Apple model of App Store only so they get all the revenue and control.
    03-04-11 01:53 PM
    I've been using a "leaked" version of the OS for months now.

It's called the development simulator... you can download one yourself.
    03-04-11 01:56 PM
    Well as I understand it will be OTA unlike the ipads requirement of syncing to itunes for software updates.

Also without having to go through carriers, the updates will likely be more frequent anyways. The only wall before us (public) getting what has been developed is the BB portal which we obviously won't have access too. So maybe those that have been leaking from there will still provide them. We'll see!

I'm just glad we won't have to wait for Verizon, Bell, etc. to take months to approve.
    03-04-11 01:59 PM
    I've been using a "leaked" version of the OS for months now.

It's called the development simulator... you can download one yourself.
    That's not a leak, that's a release for devs by RIM.

Thanks for the smartass answer though.
    03-04-11 03:25 PM
    I bet eventually we will see some leaks but as of now its probably not very likely
    03-04-11 03:44 PM
    I bet eventually we will see some leaks but as of now its probably not very likely
    I think we will only see leaks for the "next generation" updates (1.2, 1.3, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, etc) as the minor updates(1.0.01, 1.0.15 etc...) will be shot out almost as soon as they're approved.
    03-04-11 03:51 PM
    I wouldn't expect them to chuck out releases like that, the disconnect from the carriers (until the 3g/4g models show up) will free them up to do regular releases to their schedule rather than simply throwing things over the wall all the time e.g. maybe we will see a new release on a monthly basis or similar.
    03-04-11 05:30 PM
    I wouldn't expect them to chuck out releases like that, the disconnect from the carriers (until the 3g/4g models show up) will free them up to do regular releases to their schedule rather than simply throwing things over the wall all the time e.g. maybe we will see a new release on a monthly basis or similar.
    i would rather an update issued as soon as they finish and approve it for release :P not letting them "pile" up monthly ahah. but oh well that's RIM's decision
    03-04-11 05:41 PM
    if there be any leaks on PB, N4BB will rock on lol
    03-04-11 05:57 PM
    Well as I understand it will be OTA unlike the ipads requirement of syncing to itunes for software updates.

Also without having to go through carriers, the updates will likely be more frequent anyways. The only wall before us (public) getting what has been developed is the BB portal which we obviously won't have access too. So maybe those that have been leaking from there will still provide them. We'll see!

I'm just glad we won't have to wait for Verizon, Bell, etc. to take months to approve.
    Yeah updates are all OTA and RIM will be pushing updates a lot more frequently than we see with carriers. the OS is about 1.5 gigs
    03-06-11 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD