Hi guy,

I'm sincerely of the opinion, BlackBerry should release a new tablet into the market. With the advent of BlackBerry 10 OS and it's attendant high reception by a lot of customers, it's just the right thing to do in my opinion. Also, it should boost their finances. I for one, am willing to dump my android tablet the moment a new BlackBerry 10 tablet hits the market. What do you think?

Posted via CB10 on a BlackBerry10 Q10
    zumitten likes this.
    08-20-14 09:55 AM
    As I've said before, they need to get their smartphones in order first. A tablet at this point should be the least of their concerns.
    08-20-14 09:58 AM
    Just release a 8" Z30!

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    DrBoomBotz and Rikk009 like this.
    08-20-14 10:13 AM
    Despite being a PlayBook owner who would love an updated tablet, BlackBerry needs to stay away from this for a ton of reasons:

1) R&D costs which would cut into thier cash savings
    2) Manufacturing space eaten up and taken away from the new and upcoming devices (Passport / Classic / Z20(?)
    3) The tablet market is in a decline across the board. A new BB tablet would do nothing to this trend.
    4) It is about to launch Blend which will ultimately make use of a tablet questionable for most people.

So yeah don't hold your breath for one.
    THBW likes this.
    08-20-14 10:16 AM
    A BB10 tablet would be awesome but I agree with Bla1ze on this one. Also, BlackBerry Blend is coming soon(ish) and that should fulfill my desire for a large screen BB10 experience for the time being.
    Nels likes this.
    08-20-14 10:19 AM
    Ok, this might be an amazingly stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway (and risk being jumped on and ridiculed):

Given BB10 exists, how hard would it be to make a tablet just like a bigger phone minus the phone app? There's the hardware investment absolutely. But is there much if anything to do with the software and firmware on it? Can it simply be dumped on it more or less as is?

*hiding behind protective rocks...*

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 10:41 AM
    Just get a Z30 (it's what the Praybook should have been) and you now have a Blackberry OS10 tablet with a 5" screen.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-20-14 11:16 AM
    Just get a Z30 (it's what the Praybook should have been) and you now have a Blackberry OS10 tablet with a 5" screen.
    So are you saying that update isn't coming?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 11:52 AM
    So are you saying that update isn't coming?
    Yes.........
    cdnynot and Cynycl like this.
    08-20-14 12:29 PM
    I think a dumb screen is a better idea. Then your not tracking files down between devices

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    THBW likes this.
    08-20-14 12:36 PM
    I not afraid to say I'll be the first to grab one if there's a PB 2. However, reality sets in when you look at it from the company perspective. Majority of playbook owners pick up the tablet on a major discounted price. How tolerant will they be if it's price accordingly? As of today, the launch of OS10 barely make any in road into the cell phone market. It's consumers market share barely exist to sustain the company on going business. It's no accident John Chen choose to focus on everything else but the hardware business. At such precarious juncture, pushing a tablet out just does not make business sense. Let's see how the launch of Passport, Classic and the rumored Z20 do in the coming months. Launching another tablet at this time is a luxury that BlackBerry can ill afford.

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and pogly2 like this.
    08-20-14 12:45 PM
    If they merely were to release a Playbook 2, as a �mere� successor to the current one, that would be stupid given the state of the company. If they however were to sit down and actually design a new tablet that shows they have learned from earlier mistakes, then I�d consider the resulting Playbook 2 an interesting venture for the company in its current state as well.
    08-20-14 12:54 PM
    Playbook 1 is an unfinished product. A beta to the current OS10 phones. I can't see them continuing from PlayBook 1 should they decide to release another tablet. If anything it will be a OS 10 base tablet. Besides, I doubt the original developing team is still intact.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:04 PM
    No thanks. 1 PlayBook is enough :/

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-20-14 01:06 PM
    @bambinoitaliano But then again, it's primarily about them sitting "down and actually design a new tablet that shows they have learned from earlier mistakes". The "learned from earlier mistakes" specifically.
    08-20-14 01:07 PM
    @bambinoitaliano But then again, it's primarily about them sitting "down and actually design a new tablet that shows they have learned from earlier mistakes". The "learned from earlier mistakes" specifically.
    "They (BlackBerry) learned from earlier mistakes!" - So should users too!!!!
    Never trust BlackBerry if it goes to PlayBook. - this includes future devices, too!!!
    Oh, and I am a BlackBerry Fan and have a couple of BB10 phones, but I am very angry/disgusting( I hate RIM) because of the PlayBook to BB10 OS promise/lie.

Posted via Q10Bold
    jcbrunson likes this.
    08-20-14 01:59 PM
    Hi guy,

I'm sincerely of the opinion, BlackBerry should release a new tablet into the market. With the advent of BlackBerry 10 OS and it's attendant high reception by a lot of customers, it's just the right thing to do in my opinion. Also, it should boost their finances. I for one, am willing to dump my android tablet the moment a new BlackBerry 10 tablet hits the market. What do you think?

Posted via CB10 on a BlackBerry10 Q10
    You have to wait until BB 12 to see a tablet come out.
    08-20-14 02:03 PM
    I'm not quite sure what you meant by earlier mistakes. The BB OS 10 is ready unlike the PB1. Physically, the form is fine and the build quality was better than many tablets. It's a matter of how far will the tablet be supported. Whether it's 10.4 or beyond.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:18 PM
    Ok, this might be an amazingly stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway (and risk being jumped on and ridiculed):

Given BB10 exists, how hard would it be to make a tablet just like a bigger phone minus the phone app? There's the hardware investment absolutely. But is there much if anything to do with the software and firmware on it? Can it simply be dumped on it more or less as is?

*hiding behind protective rocks...*

Posted via CB10
    That's my take also. However, the minor detail such as ability to bridge with any phone. Will video call and audio call be made available independently. Will they be enough people to pay $600 and over for the PB2?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 03:23 PM
    Instead of a new tablet, how about upgrading the original and making the upgrade free (or charging a nominal fee)?

- current PlayBook users would be happy
    - making the OS run on the PlayBook means optimizations that could lead to super low-end BB10 device
    Rikk009 likes this.
    08-20-14 04:00 PM
    QNX BB10 OS and made a deal with Foxconn to make a smartphone 4 " witch you can slide in a tablet 8" inch. I think Foxconn could be use as brand name FOX

The phone could be a slim format and that tablet only needs a screen and 2x 4000 mAh battery. so the phone you slide in and it works like the main computer for the tablet

I think they can sell it for 400 euro.

BlackBerry Should Release New OS 10 Tablet-asus-padfone-2-vs-padfone-1.jpg
    FF22 and currentodysseys like this.
    08-20-14 04:09 PM
    @bambinoitaliano - really? The history of the Playbook and no conceivable "earlier mistakes"? Almost funny...
    08-20-14 05:23 PM
    @bambinoitaliano - really? The history of the Playbook and no conceivable "earlier mistakes"? Almost funny...
    The mistake was not letting consumers know it's a beta. Though I have no idea between the former two Ceo versus Thor, at what point did they realize it was a failure as a tablet to beta testing OS 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:25 PM
    Despite being a PlayBook owner who would love an updated tablet, BlackBerry needs to stay away from this for a ton of reasons:

1) R&D costs which would cut into thier cash savings
    2) Manufacturing space eaten up and taken away from the new and upcoming devices (Passport / Classic / Z20(?)
    3) The tablet market is in a decline across the board. A new BB tablet would do nothing to this trend.
    4) It is about to launch Blend which will ultimately make use of a tablet questionable for most people.

So yeah don't hold your breath for one.
    1) the R & D on a tablet is next to nothing. Software is done, Foxconn can build a tablet.
    2) Foxconn partnership has mfg. space.
    3-4) Consumer tablet use is reaching a saturation point, and incremental improvements aren't enough to prompt upgrades, BUT there are a few hundred thousand of us hanging onto PlayBook and wishing for more. Corporate Tablet adoption still has room to grow; room that BlackBerry specializes in. Imagine seamless PC to tablet to device Blend- or as I like to call it �berbridge. BlackBerry is uniquely positioned to bring a big game.

Crack-a-lackin' since '08
    08-20-14 08:28 PM
    I really like the Padfone concept, just needs a better OS driving it...

Crack-a-lackin' since '08
    08-20-14 08:30 PM
41 12