Hey just posting this on behalf of my boss who wants his blackberry fixed that he uses for work.

He apparently updated it over the weekend and the SMS transfer thing has a bit of a problem. It has been giving the wrong name to the text conversation and grouping multiple messages together that should be separate. Is anyone having a similar problem?

Screenshot: imgur: the simple image sharer
    10-11-12 08:43 AM
    Welcome to the forums (to you and your boss).

Next time, please try to make the thread title more obvious, it helps to pick up interest and show on search results.

Did he try a battery pull on his phone and a reboot on his PlayBook?

What is the OS version of his phone? And Bridges version?

If the reboots don't work and Bridge is up to date (we will only know after you reply) he may need to re - pair the devices.
    10-11-12 08:50 AM
    Check this out: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...solved-748334/
    Best regards
    shaymoss likes this.
    10-11-12 08:54 AM
    Sorry guys about being not detailed enough. And yes csols I just found this actually. I talked to the boss and he actually has over 1100 contacts :|. I know he does use the extension thing in his contacts for some of his contacts.. would I have to remove that? Haha it would be nice if they would just release another (non-buggy) update
    10-11-12 09:16 AM
    Maybe your boss could join the forum and deal with his own problems...
    10-11-12 09:40 AM
    Sorry guys about being not detailed enough. And yes csols I just found this actually. I talked to the boss and he actually has over 1100 contacts :|. I know he does use the extension thing in his contacts for some of his contacts.. would I have to remove that? Haha it would be nice if they would just release another (non-buggy) update
    I would quibble with you saying it is "buggy". Those fields are for phone numbers and we're never intended to include alphabetical characters. Having said that, I wish they would have anticipated the need for people to keep track of extension numbers since it is quite common. How hard would it be to include an extra field in the contacts app for extension numbers? Yes you could put it in the notes field, but a specific field for extension numbers seems like a no-brainer. Maybe the phone app could include a feature to enter the extension number during those automated prompts that say "if you know the extension, enter it now".
    10-11-12 10:07 AM