I have attempted to plug my playbook into wall outlet and my computer. It will not charge, I tried someone else's chager and still not working. I aam assuming there is something wrong with the outlet on the playbook but don't know for sure. I am wondering if anyone knows what I can do. Soon its going to run out of life and I will not be able to use it... Anyone's help would be very much appreciated
    10-05-12 12:21 PM
    First, plug in the USB cord that came with your computer and connect it to your computer. If the playbook is then recognized by the computer you know that the port is working and your problem is likely with the wall outlet or the charger.

Next, switch your wall outlet and plug in your charger, connected to the Playbook (just in case the first outlet is not connecting to the plug properly). Ensure you plug the charger into the playbook correctly. The micro-USB plug should have the BB logo facing up as you insert it into the playbook (this goes for the micro USB end on the USB cable as well). Note: If you have been inserting the charger upside down, you may have damaged the port on the Playbook, the plug or both. Once you have determined where your problem lies, you can better attempt to rectify the situation. If you have screwed up the charger or the port, you may have to buy the charger stand which connects, via a magnet to the Playbook and doesn't use the micro USB port at all. If the USB cord is still showing life and your computer can "see" your Playbook when attached, then you can charge very, very slowly through the USB port , if it is powered and you turn off wireless on the Playbook and go into standby. This should keep the battery from running down until you get the charging stand.
    10-05-12 12:42 PM
    here is a good info on this subject http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ry-fix-737797/
    Hope that solve your problem.
    10-05-12 12:54 PM
    Look inside the usb port on the pb. Make sure that the connector is not bent upward or downward.

You could investigate the official Rapid Charger

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    10-05-12 02:24 PM