04-28-11 04:30 PM
    04-28-11 04:35 PM
    The PlayBook appears to be selling itself in spite of bias reviews and lack of RIM advertising.
    If they are selling this well, maybe RIM was very business smart not to waste millions on TV ads.
    04-28-11 04:35 PM
    gotta laugh at this then...
    ET 'Plays' In London For the Royal Wedding
    ET & The Insider.com Present The Royal Wedding
    04-28-11 05:39 PM
    great to hear! once people get to see the device, play with the UI, it sells itself.
    04-28-11 05:45 PM
    Ladies and gents keep in mind there has been no real advertisement. It has all been done by basically word of mouth by people like us. Face it .. Playbook comercial has been on tv for what 5 days if that and it's not like its on all the time either. Once the Playbook gets everything ironed out and they start putting adds all over forget about it..
    04-28-11 05:51 PM
    Hard to beleive!
    I've been to the Best Buy in bakersfield 3 times to play with the PB since launch. every time I go A. no one will talk to me (to busy, with a customer or fing off) and B. the thing is frozen on Tetris and you can't get it to do anything it's locked up. It has been the same since launch day. WTF?
    These peolple are clueless and I will not do business with a company that can't even keep the demos up or aknowledge you are there. Of course they have a dedicated Apple kiosk. Maybe.......... no can't go there.
    04-28-11 06:18 PM
    Hard to beleive!
    I've been to the Best Buy in bakersfield 3 times to play with the PB since launch. every time I go A. no one will talk to me (to busy, with a customer or fing off) and B. the thing is frozen on Tetris and you can't get it to do anything it's locked up. It has been the same since launch day. WTF?
    These peolple are clueless and I will not do business with a company that can't even keep the demos up or aknowledge you are there. Of course they have a dedicated Apple kiosk. Maybe.......... no can't go there.
    Stay strong, don't be disheartened. You were likely an apathetic teenager working a dead end job once My personal favourite, from future shop, "dont ask me, I just work here..."
    04-28-11 06:30 PM
    This doesn't surprise me at all! PB is a gem in it's current v1.0 state!

I believe a huge catalyst to PB's early success is the awareness of it having the current best mobile browser going.

This may become shocking to some...and I repeat utterly shocking!!!!

A big chunk of the consumer market....wait for it......wait for it!

......Could care less about apps! And really lacks a desire for native email.

Why can't people just accept and realize that many people only use the browser on a PC?and no other functions of the PC... Those same people which are many...will do the same on a tablet...

This could explain why the PB is selling well! Many people simply only use the browser on all tablets regardless of platform and ecosystem...there are many people who have no use for apps! Believe it or not!
    04-28-11 08:08 PM
    Ya showed my friend this little 7" and its ability to run flash.

And after seeing how you simply read in landscape, it doesn't look or seem as small anymore :3 most people use their ipad vertically anyway... which is probably playbook, in landscape... just a little bit more scrolling (but isn't that part of the fun? flicking your fingers lol)
    04-28-11 08:21 PM
    Hard to beleive!
    As an employee of Best Buy, I got up to hundreds of people a day and ask if they have a question, 90% will say no.

Just ask, it's their job to help and assist you.
    04-28-11 08:28 PM
    As an employee of Best Buy, I got up to hundreds of people a day and ask if they have a question, 90% will say no.

Just ask, it's their job to help and assist you.
    Perhaps you should say "What questions do you have for me about the device" or "How do you like it?"

Sales 101
    04-28-11 08:32 PM
    "It is noteworthy that carriers have held off on sales of the Wi-Fi PlayBook, since Sprint today announced it will sell the Xoom Wi-Fi tablet starting Sunday May 8 for $599.99."

I feel sorry for Sprint.

The Xoom didn't really get good mark nor did it have good sales.
    Last edited by narci; 04-28-11 at 08:43 PM.
    04-28-11 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD