CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Blackberry Playbook red flashing light

Just tried wiping my Playbook 12 hours ago. However a red light keeps flashing. I tried connecting my Playbook and did an update while it was flashing 3 hours into it, but the update to 2.0 that it offered me failed after attempting it twice. A warning came up on a "connection prompt" window. Shortly after the update failed the lights started flashing again. I even tried a hard restart twice, but that failed on me as well.

If anyone here has a solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate any advice!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    22,403 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thumbs down 25 Hours into the flashing red light

I tried everything listed there, but nothing worked.

Pull it off. Press and hold the power button till the red stops. Go to dark room/closet and make sure screen is really OFF.

Place on ac charger and leave it along for 2-3 hours.

Run DM (which version do you have?). After it is running. Plug in the pb to usb/computer.

Press power button and follow the rest of the steps:

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

When debricking OS1 two weeks ago, it really did run about 3+ hours - first slow downloading and them the INSTALLING process.

If that fails:

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    CrackBerry User

Please confirm the LED sequence...such as RED RED PAUSE RED RED PAUSE or RED YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW YELLOW.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bmwx3 View Post
    Just tried wiping my Playbook 12 hours ago. However a red light keeps flashing. I tried connecting my Playbook and did an update while it was flashing 3 hours into it, but the update to 2.0 that it offered me failed after attempting it twice. A warning came up on a "connection prompt" window. Shortly after the update failed the lights started flashing again. I even tried a hard restart twice, but that failed on me as well.

If anyone here has a solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate any advice!
    i know whate your going throw i have that same problem i have sarshd the world wide wed hooked it yp to the pus but at the end nothing works always THAT DAMN RED LIGHT
    CrackBerry Addict

Read F2's post above,that should addresses the issue, if it fails call RIM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I also am having problems with the flashing light.....

The Red light is SO distracting when reading a book or watching a programme. There doesn't seem to be a solution.