- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
Blackberry Playbook red flashing light
Just tried wiping my Playbook 12 hours ago. However a red light keeps flashing. I tried connecting my Playbook and did an update while it was flashing 3 hours into it, but the update to 2.0 that it offered me failed after attempting it twice. A warning came up on a "connection prompt" window. Shortly after the update failed the lights started flashing again. I even tried a hard restart twice, but that failed on me as well.
If anyone here has a solution to this problem, I would greatly appreciate any advice!
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
02-26-2012, 11:12 PM #2(BBM # 5)
- 19,142 Posts
- "Runs with Scissors"
5K 50K,100K Challenge Thread - BuzzNotes - Season I
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM #4
- 23,967 Posts
Pull it off. Press and hold the power button till the red stops. Go to dark room/closet and make sure screen is really OFF.
Place on ac charger and leave it along for 2-3 hours.
Run DM (which version do you have?). After it is running. Plug in the pb to usb/computer.
Press power button and follow the rest of the steps:
Try the Debrick method....
1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
When debricking OS1 two weeks ago, it really did run about 3+ hours - first slow downloading and them the INSTALLING process.
If that fails:
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805