I bought the playbook for one reason. I'm cheap as s***.
    It's value at its finest!

-I didn't want to pay for an expensive special apple hdmi out cable/adaptor.
    -I was never going to buy a smartcover or w/e
    -I could never afford a 3G/4G version anyway
    -I got a 16G of wireless network storage I didn't have to buy (value!)
    -I wouldn't ever have to pay for tethering (I'm in canada, calm down at&t people, telus gives it free anyway)
    - It doesn't use much data so my cheap 500mb data plan is enough for phone and playbook
    - It comes with a little neoprene sleave
    - I only download free apps so anything else had to be done in the browser
    - I only read the free e-books that come with kobo
    - I can play NFS for free!
    - I can carry it on the bus no problem! (cars are expensive!)
    - I can get my own free apps by bookmarking to a flash game, lol
    - I got 4X the best buy reward points! Thats like 20$ off a future purchase!

So there! Everyone talks about ipad being the best, blah blah blah, why does Ford sell more cards than Bentley? So people can spend the money we save on more important things!
    Last edited by chiefbroski; 07-05-11 at 05:56 PM.
    janos2808 and yzf.shaun like this.
    07-05-11 01:34 PM
    I wouldn't call it the poor mans ipad. I'm not poor and I still chose to have it over the ipad. Can't see myself ever buying an ipad because it just doesn't work for my needs..... nothing to do with money
    07-05-11 01:40 PM
    Not when it has the same price of an ipad2 and less screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    trsbbs likes this.
    07-05-11 01:58 PM
    So there! Everyone talks about ipad being the best, blah blah blah, why does Ford sell more cards than Bentley? So people can spend the money we save on more important things!
    I'm confused. . . which is which? If the PlayBook is a Ford, why does it cost the same as the Bentley? On the other hand, if the PlayBook is the Bentley, why would you call it the poor man's iPad? You might want to clarify your analogy a bit.
    07-05-11 02:05 PM
    You should have said, The BlackBerry PlayBook is a poor man's iPad with a rich man's price...
    07-05-11 02:07 PM
    I don't like the title too much. I am definitely not poor but got the PB over the iPad because it's what I prefer.

Also, don't both companies offer 3 different storage sizes at the exact same prices?
    07-05-11 02:50 PM
    The sarcasm was lost on everyone.
    07-05-11 03:00 PM
    This post is garbage.
    f1mx, EagleLooking78 and trsbbs like this.
    07-05-11 03:07 PM
    This post is garbage.
    you actually made my day.
    07-05-11 03:23 PM
    Wtf. I am not poor and my choice of the playbook had NOTHING to do with costs

The fact I can bridge for data is a perk.

I don't compare the iPad and playbook in any way except they are both classified as tablets.
    Both have strengths and weaknesses and are subject to user preference as to which is better.

07-05-11 03:26 PM
    I believe most of u missed that this post was intended to be "tongue in cheek"
    07-05-11 03:26 PM
    The PlayBook costs $30 less than an iPad in Canada, hence the OP's title...I think.

07-05-11 03:28 PM
    The PlayBook costs $30 less than an iPad in Canada, hence the OP's title...I think.

I thought it was about an alleged lower cost of ownership. He was fine up until the horrible "Ford/Bentley" analogy.
    BrokenSaint likes this.
    07-05-11 03:31 PM
    This trolling post is pathetic. It sounds like all playbook owners are cheapo or something.
    07-05-11 03:32 PM
    Well, OP, you just dug yourself into an extremely deep hole.
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 07-05-11 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I enjoy turtles.
    spike007 and Technerd.McLeod like this.
    07-05-11 03:39 PM
    Also, I don't get why you put the tags that you did.
    You obviously don't realize that anyone can edit the tags.
    07-05-11 03:46 PM
    You obviously don't realize that anyone can edit the tags.
    I saw that you could edit them, and I saw people could add them.
    But I didn't put two and two together since I can't think straight, because I'm so close to leaving for vacation. Too excited.
    07-05-11 03:51 PM
    I would've preferred a Hyundai Equus vs BMW comparison myself. Ford vs Bentley is kinda extreme.

chiefbroski likes this.
    07-05-11 03:57 PM
    MODS: please move this to the playbook section. I'm sorry!

I bought the playbook for one reason. I'm cheap as s***.
    It's value at its finest!

-I didn't want to pay for an expensive special apple hdmi out cable/adaptor.
    -I was never going to buy a smartcover or w/e
    -I could never afford a 3G/4G version anyway
    -I got a 16G of wireless network storage I didn't have to buy (value!)
    -I wouldn't ever have to pay for tethering (I'm in canada, calm down at&t people, telus gives it free anyway)
    - It doesn't use much data so my cheap 500mb data plan is enough for phone and playbook
    - It comes with a little neoprene sleave
    - I only download free apps so anything else had to be done in the browser
    - I only read the free e-books that come with kobo
    - I can play NFS for free!
    - I can carry it on the bus no problem! (cars are expensive!)
    - I can get my own free apps by bookmarking to a flash game, lol
    - I got 4X the best buy reward points! Thats like 20$ off a future purchase!

Wow you really convinced me! *rolls eyes*

Everybody knows android tablets are the poor mans ipad Asus transformer ftw!

chiefbroski likes this.
    07-05-11 03:59 PM
    ...because I'm so close to leaving for vacation. Too excited.
    Ah, vacation. Nice.
    07-05-11 03:59 PM
    I feel like posting in a thread like this is just piling on. Then again, who doesn't like piling on and kicking a person while their down. It is the price you pay for a poor trolling effort.

Your point, though bad, would have been better if you had said "poor man's tablet", rather than "iPad". What you are acknowledging is that what people really want is an iPad. You unwittingly suggest that they should give up on what they really want and settle for a cheap alternative. I would love to see RIM run with this idea.

Troll better, my friend. If you are not going to be informative, at least be entertaining. Try to express ideas that are logically cohesive. Thanks. Enjoy your vacation.
    07-05-11 04:18 PM
    I think i just lost some brain cells
    07-05-11 05:33 PM
    I believe the OP was being sarcastic..... either that or he is digging himself a big hole
    07-05-11 05:38 PM
    Wtf. I am not poor and my choice of the playbook had NOTHING to do with costs

The fact I can bridge for data is a perk.

I don't compare the iPad and playbook in any way except they are both classified as tablets.
    Both have strengths and weaknesses and are subject to user preference as to which is better.

I agree totally, I didn't purchase the PlayBook based on price and I am not poor(bad choice of title). Both tablets mentioned have pros and cons....like comparing oranges and apples. I think this comparison thing is getting way out of hand. MY choice of tablet was based on MY needs (size and bridge) not on product (company) NAME!!
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-05-11 at 05:47 PM.
    BrokenSaint likes this.
    07-05-11 05:40 PM
    Finally! An original thread.
    07-05-11 05:44 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD