Advanced Filtering of accounts & contacts.

Accounts:
    I have 2 email acounts & facebook. I can filter it so I can see messages from all of them, or one of them. However I don't see a way to be able to select multiple accounts. For example. I would like to be able to see msg's from BOTH of my email accounts, but not the facebook account.

Contacts:
    I can filter it so it shows all my contacts, or just video contacts. What if I want to look at just my email contacts and not my facebook contacts?...or maybe I just want to look at my facebook contacts.

Does anyone know how to do this?...or do I (as I suspect) have to wait for it to maybe show up in a future update?
    I want to know this also. It's rather crowded with everything in there.
    Contacts:
    I can filter it so it shows all my contacts, or just video contacts. What if I want to look at just my email contacts and not my facebook contacts?...or maybe I just want to look at my facebook contacts.
    02-21-12 09:11 PM
    so the newly added power button icon, i choose standby and it restarts my PB
    Yeah... you'd want the "lock" option now.
    02-21-12 09:14 PM
    does os2 supported flac?
    Nope, afraid not
    02-21-12 09:31 PM
    How about BBM ? does OS 2.0 come with it ??
    02-21-12 09:40 PM
    Can any of you please tell me how to get Bangla font/character for playbook?
    bluefisher896 likes this.
    02-21-12 09:41 PM
    1.press on contact
    2.press the pencil (edit) on right hand side
    3.press the rubbish bin (delete)
    4.press ok

That's how I did it,hope this helps
    Or just delete the Twitter Account if you have alot.
    02-21-12 09:44 PM
    I am having a problem adding my aol account. i added gmail no problem, but i get a red X and an error that says "unable to find connection information. please use advanced setup"

any idea what the problem could be? i added aol via the bridge when i first got my PB with no problem.
    02-21-12 09:51 PM
    Same here... "All" my contacts are faceless... my only account on PB is Facebook.
    Any ideas or suggestion gladly appreciated.
    I tried deleting and re-entering my log in info and I got a couple more pictures up but I was still missing alot and for some reason the twitter profiles seem to dominate. . . contacts are also repeating more than ingratiating. . .I figured that integrating info from may different social networks into one list would be too big a feat. . .oh well. . . Remote Control is still great. . .everything else seems pretty lame. . .(I've be going to Accounts--> Facebook and I've been hitting save a couple of times and I'm slowing getting more pictures to show up. . .hope that helps. . .)
    Last edited by AfroZepher; 02-21-12 at 10:33 PM. Reason: more info. . .
    02-21-12 09:52 PM
    Hi there. I'm loving the new OS 2.0 on the PlayBook, but there is one hitch when using Bridge 2.0. I am unable to scroll left to right across a webpage, only up and down. It's quite annoying, especially when the webpage is so big, it won't zoom out fully.

Thanks!
    Tony Zerafa likes this.
    02-21-12 09:54 PM
    Wheres the damn Android integration? I held off buying a Kindle Fire hoping I could read the books on just one tablet.....This might go to my 3 yr old, he enjoys this more then I am
    02-21-12 10:05 PM
    Wheres the damn Android integration? I held off buying a Kindle Fire hoping I could read the books on just one tablet.....This might go to my 3 yr old, he enjoys this more then I am
    Android apps are integrated in the app store. They are not labeled as such, but they are there. It will take time for more to show so be patient or you can always buy a Kindle Fire.
    2010GOLD likes this.
    02-21-12 10:13 PM
    Does anyone know if we are able to make our own folders yet. I thought I remembered someone saying we would be able to make folders on the hope page.
    02-21-12 10:18 PM
    Nvm just found out how lol
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    02-21-12 10:20 PM
    hmmm... ive noticed something

i NEED a bezel to bezel swipe to wake my PB

my standby button DOES NOT turn off my PB

... many people seem to be saying the opposite
    what the problem is?
    02-21-12 11:06 PM
    Quick question here, is there a 2nd small update that follows the main update? I just completed the full update through DM, and now that the PB is back up, I have an update message for a 25 MB file with the same OS number as the main update. Should I do an OTA update for this?
    Thanks.
    02-21-12 11:19 PM
    Quick question here, is there a 2nd small update that follows the main update? I just completed the full update through DM, and now that the PB is back up, I have an update message for a 25 MB file with the same OS number as the main update. Should I do an OTA update for this?
    Thanks.
    Ya ota is fine. It's probably just your region specific stuff. Don't worry about it.
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    02-21-12 11:25 PM
    When I load my iGoogle home page, the playbook plays three tones ending with the phone's outgoing ringtone and a pause icon appears beside the bluetooth icon on the main page. Any ideas?
    02-21-12 11:35 PM
    The problem I'm having doesn't seem to be addressed yet. I cannot figure out how to add my contacts to a new appointment in the Calendar. I tried the People tab up top in the Calendar where it states that "you are not meeting anyone on this day" and then I tap "Add Appointment" and the "+" but there doesn't seem to be any "Attendees" field like the "Help search" states nor any other way to add anyone from my contacts. Am I missing something here?
    02-22-12 12:01 AM
    so the newly added power button icon, i choose standby and it restarts my PB
    Same Here!
    After you mentioned that, I tried it, & got the same thing. It's a good thing you don't restart your PB very often becuase since 2.0 it's taking FOREVER to reboot

...still over all a great update
    02-22-12 01:54 AM
    Thanks, I found the weather icon app that came with PlayBook has disappeared. Otherwise it's great and exploring all the new things with 2.0
    Swipe to the second panel, i found mine there
    02-22-12 01:58 AM
    One fast fact for those who are syncing their Windows Live (or Hotmail) accounts to their Playbook: its calender WILL NOT sync with what ever you would input into the native calender (and in an indirect facepalm moment) nor with the blackberry calender. The playbook will only READ off from the calender online.

Lesson: never enter any calender events for your Live accounts from your Playbook/Blackberry, it won't get online
    whitbags likes this.
    02-22-12 02:10 AM
    The problem I'm having doesn't seem to be addressed yet. I cannot figure out how to add my contacts to a new appointment in the Calendar. I tried the People tab up top in the Calendar where it states that "you are not meeting anyone on this day" and then I tap "Add Appointment" and the "+" but there doesn't seem to be any "Attendees" field like the "Help search" states nor any other way to add anyone from my contacts. Am I missing something here?
    Yes, I found this strange as well.

I liked PB already before, with OS2 I like it even more. But there are some issues to address in the coming updates:

- BB and PB email and calendar integration: there should be more options and it should be more configurable.
    - Calendar sync with popular services: this should be addressed. Also adding meetings and attendees.
    - Contact management: groups, lists, exclusions, etc. - a lot more should be done (although I like the linking of the contacts).
    - email and native messaging: it is all over the place. Inconsistent, not possible to choose from which account you are emailing, no easy filters or notification rules for individual accounts - RIM really should improve here, after all they have the experience from BB phones!
    - languages: correct me if I am wrong, but you can only have predictive text (which I love and using right now) in English. I would like either to have it in different languages, or at least be able to quickly switch it off from the level of keyboard.

There is probably a lot more than could be improved, but the above is my priority list.

Again, I love the tablet and like the update - just hope there is more on the way, as this is not a final product yet
    02-22-12 02:34 AM
    you have to add the contacts into your appointment just like back in the blackberry (under "Attendees"). When you start to type in your contacts into the attendees box, the playbook (should) help you with who are you trying to tie into your appointment

Edit: Just wondering, are you using a Gmail account for your appointments? as the Gmail-based appointments (apparently) does not allow attendees, but the native "playbook" calender does (as well as Windows Live, but those won't sync back to the Blackberry Calender anyway) and Facebook doesn't even let you add appointments from the PB. As for other services, I have no idea.
    Last edited by info600; 02-22-12 at 03:01 AM. Reason: more information than usual post-posting
    02-22-12 02:49 AM
    Yes it works fine with my linksys wireless n
    02-22-12 03:08 AM
    But where is the Attendees field? I can't find it at all. THAT is my problem. That is my only problem at the moment. I'm not using any other calendar other than the PB's calendar. I'm simply trying to add an appointment and include one of my contacts (whom by the way is the subject of my appointment). How do I add attendees? It's not included in my event. I see calendar, subject, location, start and end times, recurrence, reminder, Notes... an icon for Meeting Status but no Attendees field. I looked under the People tab and thought that the "Add Appointment" and + sign would do the trick. It did not. I held my finger in the space above that hoping that would do the trick. It did not. Double tap? Nope. There's got to be something I'm missing.
    02-22-12 03:09 AM
315 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD