I hope they come soon!
    04-17-11 09:30 PM
    Good luck guys!!!! I'm rooting for you! I will be using many of your apps on the 19th myself, maybe the 18th IF they start the ID server early.
    04-17-11 09:46 PM
    Good luck guys!!!! I'm rooting for you! I will be using many of your apps on the 19th myself, maybe the 18th IF they start the ID server early.
    i'm thinking of getting the 64gb version and then sell or give the freebie to the kids to play with.

enough is enough. There is no way in **** I will get the free PB on Tues.
    04-17-11 10:09 PM
    My wife is getting a PlayBook for her own personal use on launch day. So I will just play with her's while waiting on mine. Hopefully not much longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 10:18 PM
    Will be watching this thread to see when they start. I have a feeling it will be near the end of the month.
    04-18-11 12:06 AM
    Hello guys
    on 04/15 I sent an email to "The Blackberry Developer Program team <[email protected]>" quoting the famous Twitter message :

Touchstone (tmgideas.com) is shipping the free Blackberry #Playbook tablets for developers. Look for your free tablet to ship soon !" ^MK

I got an answer from the same address on 04/18 00:51 GMT+1, this is the message :

The BlackBerry PlayBook is expected to be in market this week. We expect to be able to begin shipping the devices shortly after the market launch.
    Thank you,
    The BlackBerry Developer Program Team

Hope this helps
    Leo
    04-18-11 02:48 PM
    Whoohoo

on Twitter BlackberryDev just sent whis message:

Free PlayBook offer devices start shipping globally April 22nd. Devs will receive email from Touchstone with tracking number when sent. ^MK

So I know that I can sleep in peace

Leo
    04-18-11 03:20 PM
    That stinks. That means we won't have them until the week of the 26th (if that!). This really blows RIM.
    04-18-11 03:28 PM
    I don't know if a week is enough for ship in Italy
    04-18-11 03:35 PM
    how does it blow..ur getting a free playbook

you create a useless crappy app and you get a free playbook..i don't see what's wrong with that?
    04-18-11 03:35 PM

you create a useless crappy app and you get a free playbook..i don't see what's wrong with that?
    A lot of us were in the mindset that if they were going to be sending us free Playbooks, they should have done it prior to launch, that way we would have a chance to test our apps on the actual device before everyone else got one and could make any last minute changes. Sure, it's free so we can't complain, but it would have made more sense to get them to devs early.
    04-18-11 03:40 PM
    From # Developer Support Forums
    # :
    # Application Platforms
    # :
    # Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR

Just wanted to point out this tweet from Mike Kikrup on BlackBerryDev: Twitter / Research In Motion: Free PlayBook offer device ...

Free PlayBook offer devices start shipping globally April 22nd. Devs will receive email from Touchstone with tracking number when sent. ^MK

Mark Sohm
    BlackBerry Development Advisor
    04-18-11 04:05 PM

That's a pretty big assumption that my 95+ hours invested in my app were a useless crappy app. I was hoping to have it before launch so I could test my app and release a patch before people start to download it. Excuse me for wanting to make my start at being a professional developer more successful.
    04-18-11 08:13 PM
    That's a pretty big assumption that my 95+ hours invested in my app were a useless crappy app. I was hoping to have it before launch so I could test my app and release a patch before people start to download it. Excuse me for wanting to make my start at being a professional developer more successful.
    agree with you. Just imagine all the support email developers will get when their app doesnt work on the real device. RIM should have given us the PB before the launch to ensure the app runs on the real device.
    04-18-11 08:33 PM
    Never once did RIM say you would get your PlayBook before launch. I've had mine ordered since jan 19th. I'm not belly aching.

Honestly expecting early access to a device this crucial to RIM's success is a little foolish. What if RIM had sent me a PlayBook right after I ordered it. I never signed a NDA. So what would I do. Test my Flash app or sell the free PlayBook to a tech blog for $5,000 to $10,000? Or maybe I could check and see if Apple would like to buy it. If none of them wanted it then people would go to selling them for a couple thousand on ebay.

Seriously people would be pretty stupid to keep a PlayBook they got early just to test an app. You never signed a NDA so what in the world made you think you would get anything early?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 08:53 PM
    Here is what was put on the developers forums:

I wanted to provide some additional clarification on the free PlayBook offer and device shipment details given the comments on this thread and in the forums in general. We wanted to ensure that all of the devices could start shipping at the same time for our developer community and have been working hard with Touchstone to ensure we get the logistics right.

Devices for the free PlayBook offer will start shipping globally to developers on April 22nd and you will receive an email from Touchstone with shipping information (tracking numbers, etc) when the device has been shipped out the door. We really appreciate your patience with the process to date and are excited to get these well deserved devices into your hands.

Mike Kirkup
    Director, Developer Relations
    04-19-11 07:18 AM
    I hope they do send emails with tracking info... I didn't receive anything from the free Style offer, just showed up one day (at the neighbors house )
    04-20-11 02:57 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD