Hello,

I am wondering if anyone checked out the list of languages supported in the Playbook and what may they be at launch?
    The iPad now supports over 30 languages including the Right-to-Left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.

Too many people got their hands on the PlayBook but nobody mentioned anything regarding this matter I am afraid.

Regards,
    kalifuchi likes this.
    04-04-11 12:58 AM
    Hello,

I am wondering if anyone checked out the list of languages supported in the Playbook and what may they be at launch?
    The iPad now supports over 30 languages including the Right-to-Left languages such as Arabic and Hebrew.

Too many people got their hands on the PlayBook but nobody mentioned anything regarding this matter I am afraid.

Regards,

English, Spanish, France, German, Italian will all be supported at launch. there may be more, as he didnt scroll down:

0:58
    khalmarri likes this.
    04-04-11 09:42 AM
    I am asking the same question. In particular, I would like to know when they will have the East Asian Language support available in BB Playbook.

Anyone have an idea?
    04-21-11 12:45 PM
    Hi sir i want to blackberry playbook update arabic language
    how to update any body have firmweya tis 1n
    05-10-11 12:15 PM
    Hey,

I searched for a while and this is what I found out:

"Additional Language Support

With BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.7, we have also added support for the following 15 languages:

1. Basque
    2. Catalan
    3. Czech
    4. Danish
    5. Galician
    6. Hungarian
    7. Bahasa Indonesia
    8. Norwegian
    9. Polish
    10. Portuguese Brazilian
    11. Portuguese European
    12. Swedish
    13. Turkish
    14. Romanian
    15. Russian"

- Source: BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet OS v1.0.7.2650 Now Available! Updates For Languages, Bridge App & Multimedia | BlackBerryRocks.com
    08-01-11 08:43 AM
    My language pack for my Playbook os ver: 1.0.7.2670

english
    francais
    espanol
    deutsch
    italiano
    nederlands
    uk english
    portuges(brazil)
    galego
    romana
    euskara
    catala
    norsk
    polski
    svenska
    dansk
    turkce
    magyar
    pyccknn
    bahasa indonesia
    Last edited by windelas; 08-15-11 at 04:59 AM.
    08-15-11 04:56 AM
    My wife is Thai and she desperately wants Thai language support on her Playbook. Is there any news on new languages being added in the future? Is there anywhere to ask this question directly to people involved with the development of software?

Thanks in advance.
    11-29-11 09:23 AM
    Odd that there's no Chinese, Japanese, etc. I want that too.
    11-29-11 09:45 AM
    Hello,

Regards,
    12-15-11 09:16 AM
    not yet support arabic in bb playbook
    12-15-11 09:16 AM
    Still no Arabic support on 2.0..... Adobe Air doesn't support Arabic yet therefore, Facebook app is completely useless. Android Player is based on 2.3 which still doesn't support Arabic therefore Arabic Android apps are useless. I am afraid that this will continue on BB10. MENA region is a stronghold for BlackBerry... I am anxious things will go wrong in the MENA region.
    01-27-12 10:20 AM
    need arabic for bb playbook,still not released
    04-25-12 12:21 PM
    Need Chinese support....orz
    04-27-12 09:22 AM
    You will all get your preferred languages soon...i think. What about Bulgarian? It is not very popular isn't it. Now i have to deal with Russian keyboard ant it takes me 20 minutes to write two sentences because of the way characters are positioned.
    04-27-12 09:39 AM
    Need chinese !expect for long time
    04-27-12 10:11 AM
    My wife is Thai and she desperately wants Thai language support on her Playbook. Is there any news on new languages being added in the future? Is there anywhere to ask this question directly to people involved with the development of software?

Thanks in advance.
    I've also waited for Thai language support for PB for more than 6 months now. It is really odd that RIM is missing this. RIM service was very popular in Thailand. With the functionality of PB, they can easily take good share of this market. (BTW, I work for Thai mobile operator so I know how many thai mobile users subscribed for RIM service). However, because PB does not support Thai, nobody buy it even though PB has a lot of potential to be used with their BB phone (BTW, BB phones have thai language support since the launch of very first model). RIM went on to develop new features on PB like PLaybook new OS 2.0 and I expected they will have thai language support this time around. But, again, no Thai language support. Actually, it was not just thai but other languages that are the key market for RIM (Chinese and Japanese). How stupid is that? Just the language issue. Or how arrogant RIM is for not considering the importance of these markets. Now apple just launched new IPad which I think it will bury PB for good. Anyway, I'm saying goodbye to my playbook and will go for new iPad soon.
    05-04-12 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD