I just view tech differently, I suppose. If you buy both tablets with accessories you're talking $1500. In 6 months you'll have to do it all over again. I'd personally rather buy the cheapest version of 1 device and then buy the new version in 6 months. Remember 3 years ago when a Kindle cost over $400? I just paid $139 and they say that the device itself may actually drop to $99 this year. I'm sure the $400 one is still working fine but who wants it? I really don't have a problem with products being made to last only 2 years if they are priced cheaply to begin with. We are in the era of disposable devices. It's the software that matters. I have a Betamax in my basement that I'm sure would still work.
    03-09-11 05:06 AM
    Anybody else thinking of getting both? I am a bit of a gadget ***** and want both but when I told my friends and colleagues that I am considering purchasing both the ipad2 and the playbook, they looked at me as if I was stupid. They all asked: "what are you going to do with 2 tablets?". I don't really know... Anyone else thinking of getting both and if so, why?

I'm trying to decide/justify it to myself.
    firstly, its upto you. IMO - Playbook

- i like its size (10" seems like carrying 90s IBM PC)
    - perfect if you have a blackberry phone
    - browser has FLASH
    - HDMI port for me its better than what apple's providing. who knows where you end up and dont have a plug converter :/

if you have time for time-killer apps, go for apple. they have plenty awfuls. iPad2 has incredible GFX chip same as on upcoming PSP whereas playbook hold iPad 1 chip. i wont be playing NFS too if i get a PlayBook. no time
    Last edited by shahriyar; 03-09-11 at 06:13 AM.
    03-09-11 06:09 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD