Can anyone point me it the right direction - I have had this problem since the update to OS 2.1.0.1753.
    Using the USB cable I can not see the internal drive I get an error when connecting "E:0x5".
    I have tried removing the PC software as Administrator and reloading with my Anti Virus and Firewall switched off, still getting the same problem.
    The icon tells me it is trying to load then stops with the error, I can still use development mode but this only allows me to load software.
    Any suggestions please.

Stephen
    10-09-13 03:22 PM
    Can anyone point me it the right direction - I have had this problem since the update to OS 2.1.0.1753.
    Using the USB cable I can not see the internal drive I get an error when connecting "E:0x5".
    I have tried removing the PC software as Administrator and reloading with my Anti Virus and Firewall switched off, still getting the same problem.
    The icon tells me it is trying to load then stops with the error, I can still use development mode but this only allows me to load software.
    Any suggestions please.

Stephen
    Are you using the DATA cable that came with the Playbook? Just using "any old" Micro USb cable can cause issues such as this, and some of thiose are "charging" only.

Also, you might try if you have BDM (Blackberry Desktop Manager) installed, try another USB port, sometimes it has to pick up the PB from a different USB address to throw the drivers in.

What version of windows??

c
    10-09-13 03:33 PM
    Thank you for the advice, the version is 64bit Ultimate Windows 7, would the cable still be able to load the software if it was the wrong one? The drivers are connecting but the volume is not mounting, it shows initializing device and asks for the device password, I have just looked at the Device Manager Properties and it shows the IPv4 address as 169.254.0.1 my network is 192.168.0.*, I think this network differential is the problem. The WiFi is showing the correct network subnet. How do I change this USB network address?
    10-09-13 05:55 PM
    Any suggestions please.

Stephen
    I think this is a known bug:
    KB31746-PlayBook is unable to Synchronize with Desktop Manager or unable to access PlayBook as a drive

If that didn't work, try follow Barracuda7772's post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...repair-781248/
    10-09-13 07:31 PM
    Thank you for the advice, the version is 64bit Ultimate Windows 7, would the cable still be able to load the software if it was the wrong one? The drivers are connecting but the volume is not mounting, it shows initializing device and asks for the device password, I have just looked at the Device Manager Properties and it shows the IPv4 address as 169.254.0.1 my network is 192.168.0.*, I think this network differential is the problem. The WiFi is showing the correct network subnet. How do I change this USB network address?
    I had this problem when i had a playbook .. instal windows 7 on 32 bits everything will work OK on 32 bits ..
    Or try to manualy set your compatibility sync on 32 bits while on 64 bits w7

sent from my Blackberry using my fingers
    10-12-13 04:07 AM
    Hi,

I had issues with the volume mount so I checked online and came across this post. Now I am able to transfer files to and fro from my playbook. Which ever ip address ur playbook has acquired from ur ISP, use the same IP and connect to ur playbook. For example, if u are connected on ur home network and the ip address is 192.168.1.1 then open run command and type file:\\192.168.1.1 and Bingo the file explorer will open and u can transfer files into ur playbook.

Hope it helps.

KrizZ
    05-03-15 05:13 AM