When I am away from my residence, when I check my bell aliant email account, I get a message saying it is not connected and check setting. I have checked the settings and confirmed with Bell Aliant that they are correct. The problem seems to be with Blackberry, however, there is no way I can contact them to find out any answers on this error message. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    01-15-16 07:50 AM
    When I am away from my residence, when I check my bell aliant email account, I get a message saying it is not connected and check setting. I have checked the settings and confirmed with Bell Aliant that they are correct. The problem seems to be with Blackberry, however, there is no way I can contact them to find out any answers on this error message. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Is it a prerequisite with your Bell Aliant account that you must be connected to their network in order to access or send/receive emails?

In other words, can you access and use the email account from another computer/device that is connected to the internet not through Bell Aliant?
    If not, it might be a restriction on Bell Aliant's end.

For example, a long time ago I had an AT&T internet account. While connected to them, I could send/receive emails from my computer via AT&T's email.
    If, however, I was not connected to AT&T, but connected via another ISP, I couldn't send emails, only receive them via the AT&T email account.
    This was due to it being a ISP controlled email account, and not an internet "global" email account like those provided through Gmail or Yahoo mail, and the email server checked to see if you were accessing it from an AT&T internet connection and applied restrictions if you were not.
    01-15-16 08:41 AM
    What are your mail settings? Many ISP'S will allow non-encryption when inside the network and encrypted and authenticated when outside. It can also be DNS issue if you're using a short hostname instead of actual server.

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-15-16 02:16 PM
    I ran into this problem setting up a Bell Aliant email on a BlackBerry. It is not related to the BlackBerry. Certain Bell Alliant accounts need Bell to enable outside access to them. Just call customer service at Bell and explain your problem. They will make the adjustment on your account so that you can send or receive mail when not on the Bell network.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 06:55 PM