today i used alot my playbook and i forgot to charge it. so the battery was down to 0%
    it automaticly shutdown even not before saying blackberry playbook it shuting down
    i plug in my rapid charger the ones that connect to the 3 charging point down the device and no results... normaly the LED light should be green when charger but it is not also i cannot open the device plz help!!

ps: also my 90 fays blackberry support expired.
    07-14-12 10:13 PM
    "Stack Charging" Charge for 2 minutes, unplug it for 2 minutes.. (some have found doing this in 7-10 second intervals) do this at least 6 times, or more... keep doing it.. if you are using the USB cord, you might want to do this by unpluging it from the wall, instead of the USB port (saves the port from possible damage).

When the Green light appears and stays on longer than a few seconds, THEN
    put it on the charger and let it charge..Leave it alone!!

It will take around 2hrs with the OEM Playbook Rapid charger (magnetic end) or longer with the OEM Playbook wall charger, to get up past the 20% battery level.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 07-14-12 at 10:23 PM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-14-12 10:19 PM
    In addition, the pb actually has a ONE YEAR warranty. But give the stack charging a try.

Here's more than one method posted by various folks in the past:

I was told about "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.

Plug the PB in with the factory charging cable (red light comes on for a several seconds, then goes off). Wait about 10 more seconds. Unplug PB for about 30 seconds.

Repeat n times.

n == 6 for me. Finally my PB light switched to green, then began to oscillate, signalling charging. After a few more minutes my PB came back to life.

You might want to UNplug/Replug at the wall/socket end to avoid using or damaging the weaker usb port on the pb itself.

Just talked to tech support, because i'm impatient sometimes. Here is the initial process they gave me to try.

Plug in the charger for 2 mins, unplug for 10 sec -> Repeat 6 to 8 times

Then while unplugged perform the Hard reset (POWER, VOL + and - at the same time) . **When the red light comes on PLUG IN THE CHARGER**

The playbook is supposed to then start charging/boot.

Some have now found a shorter sequence works:

Oh man I fixed it. I stack charged it! But not for 2 minutes.

Every time my PB red signal goes off I removed the connection from the wall charger and placed it back within a second. I repeated it for almost 25-30 times and all in the sudden a big charger button showed up on the screen and a green light on the charging LED. I left th e power connection for 2 more hrs and started using it.
    And another posting that might help....

There are a few solutions and some are mentioned above. SO try the things I am mentioning below.... Let me know if it works .

Problem Scenario: 1. Blackberry wont boot or turn on, on pressing the power button, the red light stays for a few seconds and does not turn on 2. Sometimes you will see the red light followed by a green/ yellow light that blinks 5 times and does not turn on.

Reason: The main reason why both of the above things happen is because the battery is completely drained out, you could call it " Flat out". The problem with playbook is that the playbook wont charge if the playbook is Flat out drained. whereas other tablets or cellphones does....Playbook has to fix that issue. Meanwhile we do have a solution to go around that problem and that requires some patience. Some of the solutions mentioned in the previous comments indicate to charge it via computer.... "It doesn`t work" not if the battery is drained out flat.... so dont even bother trying it if u see the above mentioned problem.

Solution: try this step by step and this are 3 different solutions so one of this would definitely work. 1. Press the Power button and you will see the Playbook Logo ( chances for this are low ) 2. Press the power button and the volume together, if there is 1 % charge left there is a chance that it would boot on, when you see the logo, immediately charge the playbook ( chances are medium ) 3. This solution requires patience. plug the charger into the socket and plug the USB into the playbook, the red light stays for 8-10 secs. Remove the USb from the playbook wait for 2 to 5 sec and replug the usb back to the charger and wait till that red light comes and goes again. repeat this step atleast 20-30 times. you might be asking why? the only power that the playbook gets is when that red light is on when plugging the usb into the playbook, once that light goes the playbook is not charging.. so what you are doing here is forcing the playbook to get charged for 8 sec every time u plug it to the playbook....this way the playbook gets that power needed to boot. Once the Playbook has that power to boot. The red light stays and changes to green but this time it blinks slowly and keeps blinking. you would also see the playbook logo return.... this green light keeps blinking until there is enough charge for the playbook to stand on its own and then changes to a solid red until it gets fully charged.

Knowledge Base Article

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics
    matoro4826 likes this.
    07-14-12 10:29 PM
    My PB always charged whenever it was plugged in even when the battery has been completely discharged....and it always turned on whenever an attempt to switch it on was made right after plugging it in after it has been completely drained.....Until about a month ago.

Then it refuses to charge by using the fast travel charger. No light comes on even after plugging it in for hours. i tried the stack charging method, the three button reset, pressing and holding the power button only for at least 20 secs...etc, etc. but to no avail.

i repeated the process for days....and sometimes, I left the PB plugged in for even more than 24 hours and repeat the processes again....without success.

Then yesterday, after having left the PB alone for several days, I tried the 3 button reset again. The red light came on, and i plugged it to the fast charger right away and the flashing green light appeared....after 30 mins, it turned on by itself, but the power meter indicated that the charge level was still 0, but the lightning bolt is there indicating charging.

After a couple more hours, the charge increased, and about 4 hours later, it was fully charged.
    07-14-12 10:43 PM
    sbx9900:

Glad it finally worked. But I'd say rim needs to address this issue. The fact is the pb should recharge even it is reaches zero charge and even if it has been left that way for a week or more. And the method has to be consistent so that folks can be fully instructed in how to recover it.

While it sounds as if Stack Charging generally works, you are not the first to report that it does not always work.

And this reply reminded me to look at the 2nd pb. ZERO CHARGE!!!! Yikes. On the rapid travel charger right now!
    Last edited by F2; 07-15-12 at 12:20 AM.
    07-15-12 12:17 AM
    guys actually the charger i have now is from rim because my premium wallcharger from the package broked so they sent me another one with the 3 little dots...
    btw is there a way the battery could be fried just by using it? anyone heard of a fried battery?
    07-15-12 04:21 AM
    umm i bought my playbook 7 month ago so it is still on coverage?
    i bought it at future shop
    07-15-12 04:23 AM
    tried the stack charging method no results maybe its because i use the 3 little dots charging point not the micro usb one
    07-15-12 04:52 AM
    Yes, ONE YEAR if you purchased it new. So you still have warranty.

I think there is confusion as to whether stack charging can be done with the RAPID (magnetic) charger.

Do you know anyone with the usb charger? It is a bit more powerful than, say, bb phone usb chargers so I don't know if you can use just any bb phone charger.

But since they did not send you a usb charger, you should definitely call them

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    07-15-12 09:03 AM
    thanks for the help but the reason why rim give me the magnetic charger is because they are saying that the micro usb charger that comes with the pb have design problems and should be replaced...
    07-15-12 09:19 PM
    In addition, the pb actually has a ONE YEAR warranty. But give the stack charging a try.

Here's more than one method posted by various folks in the past:

I was told about "stack" charging, 6 cycles of charge no charge, for 2 minutes each, charging for never more than 2 minutes.

Plug the PB in with the factory charging cable (red light comes on for a several seconds, then goes off). Wait about 10 more seconds. Unplug PB for about 30 seconds.

Repeat n times.

n == 6 for me. Finally my PB light switched to green, then began to oscillate, signalling charging. After a few more minutes my PB came back to life.

You might want to UNplug/Replug at the wall/socket end to avoid using or damaging the weaker usb port on the pb itself.

Just talked to tech support, because i'm impatient sometimes. Here is the initial process they gave me to try.

Plug in the charger for 2 mins, unplug for 10 sec -> Repeat 6 to 8 times

Then while unplugged perform the Hard reset (POWER, VOL + and - at the same time) . **When the red light comes on PLUG IN THE CHARGER**

The playbook is supposed to then start charging/boot.

Some have now found a shorter sequence works:

Oh man I fixed it. I stack charged it! But not for 2 minutes.

Every time my PB red signal goes off I removed the connection from the wall charger and placed it back within a second. I repeated it for almost 25-30 times and all in the sudden a big charger button showed up on the screen and a green light on the charging LED. I left th e power connection for 2 more hrs and started using it.
    And another posting that might help....

There are a few solutions and some are mentioned above. SO try the things I am mentioning below.... Let me know if it works .

Problem Scenario: 1. Blackberry wont boot or turn on, on pressing the power button, the red light stays for a few seconds and does not turn on 2. Sometimes you will see the red light followed by a green/ yellow light that blinks 5 times and does not turn on.

Reason: The main reason why both of the above things happen is because the battery is completely drained out, you could call it " Flat out". The problem with playbook is that the playbook wont charge if the playbook is Flat out drained. whereas other tablets or cellphones does....Playbook has to fix that issue. Meanwhile we do have a solution to go around that problem and that requires some patience. Some of the solutions mentioned in the previous comments indicate to charge it via computer.... "It doesn`t work" not if the battery is drained out flat.... so dont even bother trying it if u see the above mentioned problem.

Solution: try this step by step and this are 3 different solutions so one of this would definitely work. 1. Press the Power button and you will see the Playbook Logo ( chances for this are low ) 2. Press the power button and the volume together, if there is 1 % charge left there is a chance that it would boot on, when you see the logo, immediately charge the playbook ( chances are medium ) 3. This solution requires patience. plug the charger into the socket and plug the USB into the playbook, the red light stays for 8-10 secs. Remove the USb from the playbook wait for 2 to 5 sec and replug the usb back to the charger and wait till that red light comes and goes again. repeat this step atleast 20-30 times. you might be asking why? the only power that the playbook gets is when that red light is on when plugging the usb into the playbook, once that light goes the playbook is not charging.. so what you are doing here is forcing the playbook to get charged for 8 sec every time u plug it to the playbook....this way the playbook gets that power needed to boot. Once the Playbook has that power to boot. The red light stays and changes to green but this time it blinks slowly and keeps blinking. you would also see the playbook logo return.... this green light keeps blinking until there is enough charge for the playbook to stand on its own and then changes to a solid red until it gets fully charged.

Knowledge Base Article

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics
    Thank u very much ....option 3 worked....I was so scared when my pb won't come on...u really explained the reason...the battery was drained out! I plugged the charger that came with the PB to socket and I kept removing it after d red light goes off( the red light stops after 16secs).. I did it like less than 6times ...then a friend needed my attention on his laptop...so I left it ....after few minutes I checked my pb and viola it was showing the yellow/green light indicating charging!!...so once again thank u!! Even rim doesn't have this solution on their forums...crackberry rocks!!
    08-07-12 10:26 AM
    Just had to send my sons 16 GB to RIM for this issue... Stack charging nor debrick method would work.
    08-07-12 11:17 AM
    Thank u very much ....option 3 worked....I was so scared when my pb won't come on...u really explained the reason...the battery was drained out! I plugged the charger that came with the PB to socket and I kept removing it after d red light goes off( the red light stops after 16secs).. I did it like less than 6times ...then a friend needed my attention on his laptop...so I left it ....after few minutes I checked my pb and viola it was showing the yellow/green light indicating charging!!...so once again thank u!! Even rim doesn't have this solution on their forums...crackberry rocks!!
    You are welcome. I sometimes call my response a Treatise. And it really is a compilation of collective knowledge/postings. And I did not cite the various authors as I initially grabbed the info for my own use but then starting posting it back. So gratitude goes to many Crackberrians.
    08-07-12 11:58 AM
    Haha F2 I cannot help but admire your continuous efforts to resolve recurring Battery drain issues on the PlayBook. Great stuff there!

Honestly, I believe this issue has 3-4 resolutions, which you have detailed many many times before and need to be put up right on top in the PlayBook forum boards.
    08-08-12 12:26 AM
    Haha F2 I cannot help but admire your continuous efforts to resolve recurring Battery drain issues on the PlayBook. Great stuff there!

Honestly, I believe this issue has 3-4 resolutions, which you have detailed many many times before and need to be put up right on top in the PlayBook forum boards.
    A Stack Charge sticky might be helpful but someone always comes up with a new twist - as you said, there seem to be a variety of fixes and some work for one person but not another.
    08-08-12 08:58 AM
    Regardless, it's a sticky..
    08-09-12 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD