Hi!!!
    I have a blackberry playbook since last 1.5 yrs..!!!!
    The problem is that I am charging it with my normal playbook charger but its not getting charged..!!
    I mean there is no problem with the charging pod or the charger....!!!
    but the tab is not charging!!!
    The battery is still at 0% after 12 hours of charging...!!! & the charging symbol is still there..!!!
    Itz not even rebooting now...!!!
    09-18-13 01:59 PM
    Hi!!!
    I have a blackberry playbook since last 1.5 yrs..!!!!
    The problem is that I am charging it with my normal playbook charger but its not getting charged..!!
    I mean there is no problem with the charging pod or the charger....!!!
    but the tab is not charging!!!
    The battery is still at 0% after 12 hours of charging...!!! & the charging symbol is still there..!!!
    Itz not even rebooting now...!!!

I didn't even have to search for an answer for this one.... just went to the PlayBook section. Lots of talk about charging problems.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...othing-827839/
    09-18-13 02:25 PM
    The Knowledge Base Article 27705 gives a discussion of charging behavior.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...pl#documentTop

Other threads report that the charging icon can be displayed without actual charging occurring. This behavior has in particular been reported wth the charging dock but also the rapid travel charger. The solution is cleaning the three pins on the PB and the charger and making sure they are making contact. The wall charger can go bad and the usb port can be easily damaged particularly if the plug is inserted incorrectly.

If having PB startup problems pay attention to any light flash sequence you see to help idetermine what the problem is.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-18-13 11:38 PM
    When plugged in, does the Lightning Bolt show? Could your usb port be damaged? If you connect usb to computer does it show the pb?
    09-19-13 12:29 AM
    The Blackberry playbook has a manufacturing problem!! they should be fixed free ! everyone will have this problem. the USB Charging Port fails and needs replacing. that`s why last Christmas they had 50% off. i will never buy a Blackberry anything again ! my family have 5 playbooks its really not on. Phil Miller 0783 822 3923
    10-21-13 12:01 PM
    The Blackberry playbook has a manufacturing problem!! they should be fixed free ! everyone will have this problem. the USB Charging Port fails and needs replacing. that`s why last Christmas they had 50% off. i will never buy a Blackberry anything again ! my family have 5 playbooks its really not on. Phil Miller 0783 822 3923

The main problem is due to a design decision made long ago to use a type AB micro USB port presumably to allow OTG capability which was never implemented. The type AB port is somewhat rounded on the ends and not only allows jamming the trapezoidal plug in the wrong way damaging the port but also makes for a sloppier fit when the plug is inserted in the correct orientation. Incidentally OTG capability can now be gotten with a trapezoidal port which better guides and holds the plug. This is used on the Nexus 7 (2012).
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app:-) -
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-21-13 03:37 PM
    is there anything that can be done if the usb port is damaged in order to charge the pb?
    never had an issue until now at 17% battery left and have tried several plugs
    help please
    04-13-14 09:24 AM
    is there anything that can be done if the usb port is damaged in order to charge the pb?
    never had an issue until now at 17% battery left and have tried several plugs
    help please
    I would try to purchase the rapid charger and see if it works. I have had a couple replaced. Stack charging worked for a while, and then it died.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:52 AM
    All you mean and all i mean is.. "When you have a charge, for example: I play Dungeon Hunter, 19% battery was left after i play, (the battery is color yellow right ?!) So i want to charge it coz' i don't want it to be drained. When i plugged in my Charger the percentage of the battery becomes 18%.... After 3 hrs. Instead it'll became 99% it becomes 0%. " Is this what you mean ? This is all i mean !
    10-07-14 10:26 PM
    It's a rapid magnetic charger that you need. I have a couple and I am sure everyone else that has one loves them as much as me. My charging port is still in tact as I used the magnetic charger since day one

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-07-14 10:36 PM