Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpash549
  1. Alpansh Banerjee's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Blackberry playbook Charging problem

    Hi!!!
    I have a blackberry playbook since last 1.5 yrs..!!!!
    The problem is that I am charging it with my normal playbook charger but its not getting charged..!!
    I mean there is no problem with the charging pod or the charger....!!!
    but the tab is not charging!!!
    The battery is still at 0% after 12 hours of charging...!!! & the charging symbol is still there..!!!
    Itz not even rebooting now...!!!
  2. scalemaster34's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,811 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpansh Banerjee View Post
    Hi!!!
    I have a blackberry playbook since last 1.5 yrs..!!!!
    The problem is that I am charging it with my normal playbook charger but its not getting charged..!!
    I mean there is no problem with the charging pod or the charger....!!!
    but the tab is not charging!!!
    The battery is still at 0% after 12 hours of charging...!!! & the charging symbol is still there..!!!
    Itz not even rebooting now...!!!

    I didn't even have to search for an answer for this one.... just went to the PlayBook section. Lots of talk about charging problems.


    Blackberry playbook dead battery,did Stack charging, playbook boots but dies in process to nothing.
  3. jpash549's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    The Knowledge Base Article 27705 gives a discussion of charging behavior.

    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...pl#documentTop


    Other threads report that the charging icon can be displayed without actual charging occurring. This behavior has in particular been reported wth the charging dock but also the rapid travel charger. The solution is cleaning the three pins on the PB and the charger and making sure they are making contact. The wall charger can go bad and the usb port can be easily damaged particularly if the plug is inserted incorrectly.

    If having PB startup problems pay attention to any light flash sequence you see to help idetermine what the problem is.
    Carl Estes likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default

    When plugged in, does the Lightning Bolt show? Could your usb port be damaged? If you connect usb to computer does it show the pb?
  5. Phil Miller1's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #5  

    Unhappy Blackberry playbook

    The Blackberry playbook has a manufacturing problem!! they should be fixed free ! everyone will have this problem. the USB Charging Port fails and needs replacing. that`s why last Christmas they had 50% off. i will never buy a Blackberry anything again ! my family have 5 playbooks its really not on. Phil Miller 0783 822 3923
  6. jpash549's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,857 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Miller1 View Post
    The Blackberry playbook has a manufacturing problem!! they should be fixed free ! everyone will have this problem. the USB Charging Port fails and needs replacing. that`s why last Christmas they had 50% off. i will never buy a Blackberry anything again ! my family have 5 playbooks its really not on. Phil Miller 0783 822 3923

    The main problem is due to a design decision made long ago to use a type AB micro USB port presumably to allow OTG capability which was never implemented. The type AB port is somewhat rounded on the ends and not only allows jamming the trapezoidal plug in the wrong way damaging the port but also makes for a sloppier fit when the plug is inserted in the correct orientation. Incidentally OTG capability can now be gotten with a trapezoidal port which better guides and holds the plug. This is used on the Nexus 7 (2012).
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app:-) -
  7. BKKD's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #7  

    Default Problrm charging bb playbook

    is there anything that can be done if the usb port is damaged in order to charge the pb?
    never had an issue until now at 17% battery left and have tried several plugs
    help please
  8. frielfanatic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BKKD View Post
    is there anything that can be done if the usb port is damaged in order to charge the pb?
    never had an issue until now at 17% battery left and have tried several plugs
    help please
    I would try to purchase the rapid charger and see if it works. I have had a couple replaced. Stack charging worked for a while, and then it died.

    Posted via CB10

Similar Threads

  1. T-Mobile Blackberry Bold 9900 perfect condition
    By achiquitachaser in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 11:17 PM
  2. BlackBerry to slash up to 40 % of its work force
    By Tariq Nasir in forum News & Rumors
    Replies: 317
    Last Post: 09-26-2013, 02:45 PM
  3. Found a Blackberry troll
    By mdnw2007 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 10:27 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 03:28 PM
  5. BlackBerry Slashing up to 40% of jobs
    By cappo40 in forum BBRY
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions