I've had this issue when using probably 10-15 different routers. It is the device or software.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 05:15 PM
    I get the OP's problem whenever I have a slow WiFi or internet connection (location irrelevant). It happens only with the native browser in my case. It used to happen at almost every attempt to access a web page before the latest update when the page loading bar would move one third of the way and stop there. Then I got the error after a minute or two. I hit the "retry" button a few times and the page would then continue to load. The native e-mail app, other apps requiring the internet and android ported browsers do not have the same problem although they occasionally fail to load and require a reload.

This is happening less often after the last update with the failure to load happening after the loading bar goes much further but it still happens occasionally.

I did try a number of things and sometimes turning off javascript helped, but not always. Clearing cookies and the cache did not make a difference nor did restarting or resetting the PlayBook.

I never see this problem when I have a good connection with a high speed internet service.
    02-28-13 06:17 PM
    The PlayBook browser is probably the most disappointing feature of the device itself. Whilst it's still decent, it doesn't compare at all to anything iOS or Android has out there. it's just absolutely slow, unresponsive when clicking links and is prone to random crashes. It's not a subjective issue on the whole (although the OP's problem may be sporadic), but rather a serious concern that most PB owners have. Hopefully the BB10 browser will improve this.
    The checkboarding of this browser...
    whoa likes this.
    02-28-13 10:17 PM
    The browser may suck but it still can do flash unlike iOS or android with installing some crap apps or hacks
    03-01-13 01:32 AM
    which type network you use
    1) home Network: if you use home network then it is wi fi router issue contact your administrator..
    07-01-13 12:11 AM
    which type network you use
    1) home Network: if you use home network then it is wi fi router issue contact your administrator..
    It is not my home network, I have tried other networks ranging from friends network to HotSpots...and it keeps doing the same....but I have noticed from other s posts that I am not the only one with the issue...therefore it has to be a software/hardware issue and not an issue at the client's end. In additon, I think that there would not be a fix in the near future, since BB decided to drop the ball on the PB with any future updates (at least with the OS 10)
    07-01-13 05:30 AM
    just to affirm - you are right, it's not the network.

everbody who tethers/portable hotspots his e.g.
    small Samsung Galaxy with the PB for the benefit
    of a 7" screen can trigger exactly that error on random
    basis though.

occurs on any mobile broadband (3G) in any capital
    despite full coverage e.g. Orange/London or
    recently Telekom/Berlin both on full payment scheme.

it's probably this f*** PB spyware interfering from time to time
    thus slowing down data transfer down causing a time out error and
    browser "blames" the provider.

just hang on a sec and tap again, the site will come up eventually.

RIM, drained my patience to extinction and will be RIP soon anyway.

I'll change as soon a light weight tablet comes around, like to have one of
    those foldable ones recently shown by Samsung:
    Would you like a foldable tablet that looks like this?
    07-16-13 09:22 AM
    I am suffering with the constant crashing of my browser especially when I am playing games online... It just freezes up or it closes itself
    07-08-14 02:23 PM
    Check available storage. I may be imagining things, but it feels like things get worse with less space.

I have also noticed performance drop after I started sideloading, so it is possible some rogue app is eating ram.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 04:39 PM
34 12