Hi @all,

I still have problems to share media files for example pictures between my blackberry playbook and samsung phone..
    Yes I searched before about this issue, but somehow there isn't much good qualitative solution documentation present.
    Some guys said that you can solve this problem with apps like "Ghost commander", "Files&Folders" and so on and so on..
    But no documentation about how I can make this BT transfer really happen between playbook and a non-blackberry device (samsung, nokia....).

Can please someone make a video or take some screenshots with the mentioned apps and describe exactly how to do that.
    I buyed my playbook in the last couple of days and I don't want to send it back because of this problem.. There must be a way how to do..
    Will there maybe a change with BB10 on playbook?? Does someone know?

Please help!
    01-22-13 05:07 PM
    You can't transfer data using bluetooth :-(

Turn your phone into a WiFi hotspot and transfer via that.
    Deagle Deagle likes this.
    01-22-13 05:49 PM
    why.. whyyyyyyy.. bb why...

how I turn my phone into WIFI hotspot and so can transfer files? can you give a short description if possible
    Last edited by Deagle Deagle; 01-22-13 at 06:03 PM.
    01-22-13 05:50 PM
    Only if your phone supports infrastructure Wi-fi, most phones can only do Adhoc mode but the Playbook doesn't support connecting to Adhoc Wi-fi networks. Once the hotspot is activated, and you've activated Wi-fi file sharing on the Playbook, you can use ES File Explorer or any app that can browse SMB shares to transfer files between the phone and playbook.

As for actual Bluetooth file transfers, we'll have to wait until BB10 for that...
    01-22-13 08:36 PM
    and what about for example Windows and Apple phones?

I really hope that BB10 will bring a simple Bluetooth Transfering as 100 years ago, it can be secure, but it should be my decision to send or receive data via BT.
    01-23-13 02:21 AM
    Don't know about those, maybe the latest iPhones can create an infrastructure hotspot. AFAIK it's just a few Android models that can.

The lack of BT transfer is really annoying but unfortunately it's common on most smartphones... older Windows phones didn't have it, iOS still doesn't have it, even though most Android phones do and Symbian phones have had Bluetooth file transfer for ages. It should be up to me, the device purchaser, to decide how and what data I want to transfer. I hope RIM realizes that locking everything down like Apple isn't going to make its products attractive to people who want more open devices.
    01-23-13 03:15 AM
    I totally agree with you.. Blackberry did something like Apple in that case --> just BB, nothing else. But as you said this is not attractive, not attractive for BB users, not attractive for anyone else..
    Hopely we get an open platform with all its functions with BB10 update.. Otherwise it's really annoying.. Well I can do these things with WIFI hotspots and so on, but while everyone tries to find solution for the easiest handling why BB took this way. In my opinion it's a very good tablet, it's a perfect tablet, but that thing with BT I can't accept. There must be a change..
    01-23-13 03:30 AM
    @Deagle Deagle - just setup a free DropBox account on both devices, waaayyy easier than faffing around with Wifi hotspots, imho.
    Plenty of good tutorials out there in Internet land, just run a Google search

BlueBox is a good Dropbox client for the PB
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-23-13 04:46 AM
    If you use box.net they were giving away 50GB space
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-23-13 10:47 AM
    I totally agree with you.. Blackberry did something like Apple in that case --> just BB, nothing else. But as you said this is not attractive, not attractive for BB users, not attractive for anyone else..
    Hopely we get an open platform with all its functions with BB10 update.. Otherwise it's really annoying.. Well I can do these things with WIFI hotspots and so on, but while everyone tries to find solution for the easiest handling why BB took this way. In my opinion it's a very good tablet, it's a perfect tablet, but that thing with BT I can't accept. There must be a change..
    Get the "Foldersync" app for your Android and move anything to or from any of your devices, problem solved. I use this app daily.
    01-24-13 12:02 AM
    Sometimes Internet connectivity isn't available through 3G, 4G or Wi-fi, so only point-to-point connections are left. I find it ridiculous that I have to send data all the way to the cloud just so the PB sitting next to my phone can see it. Contrary to what Apple and MS think, Bluetooth transfers are still necessary.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-24-13 12:52 AM
    This is espescially true since playbook USB port is plagued with failures. The connector is not configured as a standard Mini USB and the plug can be insrted reversed and damage the port. Mine is totally wasted.
    07-15-13 12:16 PM
    This is espescially true since playbook USB port is plagued with failures. The connector is not configured as a standard Mini USB and the plug can be insrted reversed and damage the port. Mine is totally wasted.
    What are you smoking ??? I used mine for the last year or so and it is good as new. And the port on the playbook is a microusb plug, not a mini usb. What on earth use mini usb in thia day and age ? With one post- this post under your belt you sir are a troll. Now gtfo
    07-15-13 01:15 PM
    I will only say that the poster may have mis-identified the size of the port, mini rather than micro but the poster is correct that the port is easier to mess up than a standard micro-usb female port. It is more rectangular and a standard male micro can accidentally be inserted upsidedown which deforms the connector "board" and bends it out of position. Unfortunately, there are more than too many reports of people doing just that.

And going by logos embossed on the surface is not always telling. A number of people use White Nail Polish or similar to mark the top surface of the plug for easier identification.
    07-15-13 03:41 PM