Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 129
Like Tree62Likes
  1. greenmushroom's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #101  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    Android player is the same version, but I guess some of the other underlying bug fixes could have helped.
    The Flash update included in 1314 has also resolved the full screen problem I had when playing a video through the browser. Before 1314 the option for full screen didn't work.
    I am running Plex Media Server 9.7.7

    5 is a bit pricey. The same app on my Surface was 2.19.
    Plus this is an Android port. The Android version is 3. I'm not a great fan of buying the same app again. I think the browser is good and I can control it from my 9900.
  2. jacques.zeefenbergen's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #102  

    Default

    So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

    Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.
  3. Speedygi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,246 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,778 Global Posts
    #103  

    Default BlackBerry Plapbook Updated to OS 2.1.0.1314

    Quote Originally Posted by jacques.zeefenbergen View Post
    So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

    Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.
    I never had a problem with my Android apps on my Playbook after the update, to be honest. What Android apps are you referring to exactly?
  4. jacques.zeefenbergen's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #104  

    Default

    The android player refuses to open at all, irrelevant of which apps I try to open.
  5. Deckard79's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    895 Posts
    #105  

    Default

    Odd... Android ports seem fine on mine... Something must have gone wrong with the update
  6. Tha.Housewife's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    340 Posts
    #106  

    Default Re: BlackBerry Plapbook Updated to OS 2.1.0.1314

    Quote Originally Posted by jacques.zeefenbergen View Post
    The android player refuses to open at all, irrelevant of which apps I try to open.
    they shoulda never added the android player to pb. ever since..nuthing but probleems from everyone, all different issues, but generally the same complaint.
    its audio, video, wifi, battery charge system, and usb port. playbooks are basiclly double perwonalities. when it wants to turn into a playbook oooh the device works like a charm, but. it can snap, and any second, the android becomes active...hijacking ur wifi, then u have to re awaken ur wifi by touching the lil symbol, then,...next thing u know, playbook has gone quiet while u been streaming nobex radio....and u realize the droid has snagged the audio for it self and refuses to give it back to playbook. even the qndroid kill apps won't fix it. so u hard boot and accept the fact that ur pb is a skitzo, but r grateful u got two deviced for the price of one, , lmao...seriously tho..
    see what its done to some of us..lol its makin meeeee crazy. lol just as long as I'm not half droid too argggggggg!!!



    droids...what the .********...were they thinkin. lol I wish there were a way to do some kind of droidectomy, or make the player optional...
    I just had my first RIMISM today!!!!
  7. Tha.Housewife's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    340 Posts
    #107  

    Default Re: BlackBerry Plapbook Updated to OS 2.1.0.1314

    Quote Originally Posted by jacques.zeefenbergen View Post
    The android player refuses to open at all, irrelevant of which apps I try to open.
    how did u kill it?

    please, lemme know... I'm ready to put that sucka 6 ft under! ... playbook I love ..droids, I detest, lol
    I just had my first RIMISM today!!!!
  8. Tha.Housewife's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    340 Posts
    #108  

    Default Re: BlackBerry Plapbook Updated to OS 2.1.0.1314

    Quote Originally Posted by jacques.zeefenbergen View Post
    So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

    Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.
    the developers r gettin lazy, not keeping up with their apps and not updating their programs to the bb pb latest standards might be harming our systems more than we think...directly and indirectly. some of the bb app world apps are. straight poooop! "who let this guy make that app and how did it get by into app world." I ask myself that all the time. well answer is its probably been there since pb os 1. no one seems to be ridding the app world of the crap...why? id rather have 500 quality apps to choose from than 500,000 P.o.s.'s, where its a crap shoot that you will actually be able to use what ur payin for.

    bb is slackin... let's hope that its just cuz bb10 has taken hold of all the worthy devs...
    I just had my first RIMISM today!!!!
    Thanked by:
    jacques.zeefenbergen (12-23-2012) 
  9. Lendo's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,799 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts
    #109  

    Default

    My Playbook has been UBER slow and unresponsive since the update
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
  10. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #110  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua_sx1 View Post
    ...or in the case of the previous update, "worst" improvement... (yeah, I know, there is no such thing as ""worst improvement" ;-) )...
    Charge: Creation of a "Worse or Worst" Improvement.
    Exhibit 1: (Worse / Worst Improvement) The "Ribbon" in Microsoft Office Suite.
    Defence Attorney: Your Honor, the youts like the Ribbon.
    Judge: Youts? What are 'youts'? (as he looks at the court reporter and the the defence attorney)
    Defence Attorney: Youts - you know the young people. The youts.
    Prosecutor: (in contemptuous voice) Where did my esteemed colleague earn his law degree? Jersey Shore University? (spectators in the courtroom laugh)
    Judge: (bangs gavel) Order in the court.
    (silence in courtroom)
    Judge: Why is a ribbon necessary to use a computer? Does the Microsoft Office Suite come in a box tied neatly with a ribbon and bow?
    (spectators break out in hysterical laughter)
    Prosecutor: The state rests its case.
    Judge: Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, it is upon your shoulders that the fate of ribbons in offices shall be decided.
    (jurors file out of the courtroom into the jury room to deliberate)
    (some hours pass)
    Judge: What say ye in the case of "The Microsoft Ribbon?"
    Jury Forewoman: Guilty. Because I never received a pretty ribbon with my version of Microsoft Office Suite.
    Judge: And what version did you buy, Madame?
    Jury Forewoman: Microsoft Office 97, your Honor.
    Judge: Consider yourself better for the non-experience. Sentencing to be determined in 365 days. (bangs gavel)
    Judge: See y'all at the Bar-B-Q this evening.
    Lendo likes this.
  11. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #111  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    My Playbook has been UBER slow and unresponsive since the update
    I found it necessary to perform a hard reboot twice immediately following the installation of the latest update to BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1.0.1314. Now performance of the tablet seems to be normal. Research In Motion should label the versions as Unity (1), e (2.71828), pi (3.14159), etc. Or more precisely the mathematical definition of these values should be used as the version label. Imagine BlackBerry Tablet OS Unity, BlackBerry Tablet OS e, BlackBerry Tablet OS pi. With the irrational nature of both e and pi the intermediate versions are boundless and Research In Motion would have an infinite numbering scheme between non-Unity releases; after all nobody trusts a version 1.0 product anyway.
  12. Lendo's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,799 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts
    #112  

    Default

    Yah, I tried that too. Still seems very slow.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
  13. shadow10z's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    87 Posts
    #113  

    Default

    i finds my playbook a little better. the browser is improved. I for one like the android emulator. it opens a new world for the playbook. Now i can stream movies through es file manager. play a few good games. The appworld is a joke. sure there is a few good apps, but a lot of them are nothing but a waste of time and expects you to pay for them.
  14. 312Lorden's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    479 Posts
    #114  

    Default

    Just a minute: I am confused. Is the update 37Mb or 400Mb?
  15. takuma089's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    #115  

    Default

    It's 37mb. But some people experience problems in the installation process resulting for them to download the 400+ mb update when they restart their PlayBook IMO. For me I will skip this update for now


    Quote Originally Posted by 312Lorden View Post
    Just a minute: I am confused. Is the update 37Mb or 400Mb?
    Follow me on Twitter: @itsmetakuma089

    65 nokia and sony ericsson phones before BB. Bold 9000-->Bold 9650-->Samsung Galaxy S-->Torch 9860 + iPhone 4-->iPhone 5+Curve 9220-->BB replaced with Curve 9380--> and now iPhone 5 and Q10


    Current Devices: iPhone 5, Bold 9900, BlackBerry Q10, 64gb Playbook, Zelda 3DS XL.
  16. Angus_CB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,187 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,189 Global Posts
    #116  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha.Housewife View Post
    they shoulda never added the android player to pb. ever since..nuthing but probleems from everyone, all different issues, but generally the same complaint.
    ...
    Your statement is too general. I and many others haven't had problems with Android Player.
    Z30, Nexus 4, Kobo Arc 64GB, Playbook 16GB
  17. Lendo's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,799 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts
    #117  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    Charge: Creation of a "Worse or Worst" Improvement.
    Exhibit 1: (Worse / Worst Improvement) The "Ribbon" in Microsoft Office Suite.
    Defence Attorney: Your Honor, the youts like the Ribbon.
    Judge: Youts? What are 'youts'? (as he looks at the court reporter and the the defence attorney)
    Defence Attorney: Youts - you know the young people. The youts.
    Prosecutor: (in contemptuous voice) Where did my esteemed colleague earn his law degree? Jersey Shore University? (spectators in the courtroom laugh)
    Judge: (bangs gavel) Order in the court.
    (silence in courtroom)
    Judge: Why is a ribbon necessary to use a computer? Does the Microsoft Office Suite come in a box tied neatly with a ribbon and bow?
    (spectators break out in hysterical laughter)
    Prosecutor: The state rests its case.
    Judge: Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, it is upon your shoulders that the fate of ribbons in offices shall be decided.
    (jurors file out of the courtroom into the jury room to deliberate)
    (some hours pass)
    Judge: What say ye in the case of "The Microsoft Ribbon?"
    Jury Forewoman: Guilty. Because I never received a pretty ribbon with my version of Microsoft Office Suite.
    Judge: And what version did you buy, Madame?
    Jury Forewoman: Microsoft Office 97, your Honor.
    Judge: Consider yourself better for the non-experience. Sentencing to be determined in 365 days. (bangs gavel)
    Judge: See y'all at the Bar-B-Q this evening.
    I never thought I'd see the day that "My Cousin Vinny" was tied into a Blackberry discussion. Bravo
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
  18. mfreedmn97's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    416 Posts
    #118  

    Default Battery draw on new OS update ??

    It might be just me but with NO APPS open when I put my PB into standby last night I was at 54% battery. This AM - 6 hours later - the battery read 24%. A 50% drop over 6 hours - pretty odd. But that said I have noticed the need to recharge much more since the update. Anyone else seeing this ?
  19. Lendo's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    6,799 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts
    #119  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mfreedmn_97 View Post
    It might be just me but with NO APPS open when I put my PB into standby last night I was at 54% battery. This AM - 6 hours later - the battery read 24%. A 50% drop over 6 hours - pretty odd. But that said I have noticed the need to recharge much more since the update. Anyone else seeing this ?
    Maybe the bottom half of your fuel tank is smaller.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    axllebeer likes this.
  20. pickles#WP's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #120  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takuma089 View Post
    It's 37mb. But some people experience problems in the installation process resulting for them to download the 400+ mb update when they restart their PlayBook IMO. For me I will skip this update for now
    My experience was strange. I chose to skip installation. Two days later, I came home to find my playbook screen active with something going on in Print to Go (a program I have never used)! I closed that program and saw a notification telling me that the 400+MB update had successfully downloaded! So, simply checking for software updates then leaving was enough to trigger an unwanted update of 37 MB followed by an update of 400 MB.

    It's stunts like this that made me decide to go with an Android phone and stop waiting for BB10. I like my Playbook but I am limited in my use by the fact that every update screws up something important to me. So I no longer use the calendar. I've stopped taking pictures because I can't find them easily because of the screwed up filing system.

    I see absolutely no improvement to anything since this update was forced upon me. Crossed fingers, I see nothing bad -- yet.
  21. egzbuen's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    916 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #121  

    Default

    so far, im not too lucky with the upgrade. laggy keyboard, browser keeps on hanging and crashing.
  22. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #122  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egzbuen View Post
    so far, im not too lucky with the upgrade. laggy keyboard, browser keeps on hanging and crashing.
    Sometimes it takes multiple hard reboots after clearing the web browser caches as well after an update.
  23. FSeverino's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,327 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,329 Global Posts
    #123  

    Default

    sideloaded apps still work right?
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
  24. axllebeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,854 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,163 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    #124  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FSeverino View Post
    sideloaded apps still work right?
    Work great for me.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

    The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
  25. b121's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    573 Posts
    #125  

    Default Re: BlackBerry Plapbook Updated to OS 2.1.0.1314

    Quote Originally Posted by bcubedn View Post
    I can FINALLY set up my Gmail account. Previously I would get server errors and it would not set up. I have also noted the lack of keyboard entry lag. SCORE!
    agreed!!! this appears to have fixed my gmail issue (which I think was caused by an active sync account conflict). :d very glad to get this back working again :d.
    7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blackberry 8900 curve doesnt want to update to OS v5.0
    By Latz in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 04:36 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 02:35 AM
  3. Blackberry Gets Stuck At 'Connecting To Boot ROM' While Updating To 'OS 6'
    By 0o0_R_y_A_n_0o0 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 03:36 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
  5. 8130 updated to OS .97 lost browser
    By mradke in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xx
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions