Phone rim support, you can find the phone number in user F2's posts
    thanks for the suggestion. just off the phone. sadly they couldnt fix it. said i'm the first person to report this problem
    they are going to collect it via FedEx and repair it for free, very good service IMO.

i am hoping that if i leave it on over night (the backlight is glowing) and flatten the battery, with a charge it might come back to life (i hope)
    Harryl6134 and gmoneyyo like this.
    12-19-12 02:55 PM
    Okay, so I DOWNLOADED the update. But for the last ten minutes it is sitting at ZERO on the Installation bar, part of the process????
    12-19-12 03:30 PM
    Mine did the same thing when I updated this morning...it eventually completed the install after about 10 minutes.

Bob
    12-19-12 03:51 PM
    So far I don't see improvement for the areas that matter to me such as:

Failure to play videos on Fox news.
    Still no upgrade to USB capability.

In my limited "testing" I don't see a noticeable difference in page loading or checkerboarding. Haven't given up yet but it really would be nice and possibly even professional of RIM to include a viewable change log before downloading "updates".
    Who WANTS to watch Fox News???????!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    CairnsRock, peen, SK122387 and 5 others like this.
    12-19-12 04:08 PM
    Mine did the same thing when I updated this morning...it eventually completed the install after about 10 minutes.

Bob
    Well, I left it alone at 5% and it said it would need a reboot. Now I've returned (and I did not do any reboot - although, it might have) and it is downloading 409MB. I have no idea what's happening or why!
    12-19-12 04:15 PM

Well little things please little minds and all that
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-19-12 04:18 PM
    I just tried fox news and it says media type not supported, I wonder what they are using?
    12-19-12 04:22 PM

Well, I'm still waiting for them to decide who took Ohio!
    12-19-12 04:23 PM
    I have a strange issue, I'm in the browser on crackberry, and i can scroll around in the window on the screen using touch. However the onscreen keyboard wont come up. I'm typing this on the bb bluetooth keyboard. None of the swipe from the border will work so i cant switch to other tasks or shut down the browser. I think it will need a three finger reboot....
    12-19-12 04:37 PM
    Okay after vigorously scouring the update I have found that the twitter launchers icon has been updated to its current state....WOO HOO!!!
    Yeah, I thought something was different looking on the home screen, looks ugly and is too small, yuck. gg
    12-19-12 04:47 PM
    I found at least one fix - the details of my Contacts would disappear if I changed the sort (from First Name to Last Name as an example). It works fine now. Also discovered a small blue arrow in the Messages listings which indicates I have subsequently responded to the specific message.
    12-19-12 05:16 PM
    Well little things please little minds and all that
    I think you're referring to MSNBC
    raster_71 and anon(2254645) like this.
    12-19-12 05:25 PM
    Just installed the update, so far I'm very glad to report that I finally have the ability to update my free apps without it nagging me for a payment method. Before the update, it was asking me to enter a PayPal account or credit card number, despite the updates being free, as I have the payment method set to my phone bill from my Torch.
    princebon11 and WeAreNotAlone like this.
    12-19-12 05:37 PM
    I found one thing. Before when you boot up the playbook and opened an android app right away, it took ages to initially load. Now they start up instantly... good work RIM!
    12-19-12 05:42 PM
    Came upstairs and it finally wanted a Restart. Still occasionally staring at colored bubbles...... tic tic tic..........Where's Toc?!!
    12-19-12 05:50 PM
    Did the update. Download was fast. Install slow to start, but then went OK. Reboot, no problems. Tried the normal stuff. Websites seemed a bit faster to load, but maybe just the time of day? Anyway no issues and no noticeable improvements for average user like me.
    Last edited by kwelamnp; 12-19-12 at 09:47 PM.
    12-19-12 07:02 PM
    I am at a loss. Installed the update this afternoon, and for the past three hours it is trying to power off. Suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.
    12-19-12 07:03 PM
    Debating whether i should update or not. Because i fear that it might brick, or download the large update and might get into problems. And that my sideloaded apps would disappear.
    12-19-12 07:20 PM
    None of my sideloaded apps disappeared during the update, but then again I didn't experience any of the issues anyone has reported, my update was silky-smooth. Downloaded and installed the 37MB version in reasonable time, restarted quite quickly, and working perfectly since then (Even had an annoying bug fixed as I said a few posts up).
    12-19-12 07:30 PM
    I am at a loss. Installed the update this afternoon, and for the past three hours it is trying to power off. Suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.
    Mine did that, i wasn't as patient as i waited about an hour. I shut it down and restarted and it was fine. My wife's updated fine in a few minutes and did the restart on its own.
    12-19-12 07:31 PM
    Did the update and now it is asking me for my exchange password over and over again uuuuggghhh. This is was fixed in the previous update.
    12-19-12 07:34 PM
    What do you mean "it is trying to power off?"

Have you tried

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    12-19-12 07:39 PM
    Delete the account ,reboot and add it back. Should fix it.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-19-12 07:41 PM
    I still wonder what happened. I got the small update Notice (what 30-40MB), started it, download took its time. Install was taking forever - seriously at least 20 minutes of NO activity. I swore but left it alone. Came back, I don't know when and it was then downloading the 400+MB - that went slow but not as slow as the small download - I could see the bar increasing. But I left it alone, too. Came back and it was INSTALLING for quite a while. Came back and it wanted to RESTART (like I had a choice). Restart took a while of bubbles but finished. So I don't know why or what about the larger, what I'll call SECOND download was about. I do not believe that I deleted any basic native apps.
    12-19-12 07:44 PM
    Main thing which this upgrade fixes is the In App purchases error 30242 which was bothering for more than a year now. So glad now I can buy in Stick Tennis and others.
    12-19-12 07:44 PM
129 1234 ...