Here is the link to the official BlackBerry MWC Page: BlackBerry at Mobile World Congress 2011

From the CrackBerry Article:

"Mobile World Congress is getting underway in Barcelona, Spain this week and RIM is there in full force! A new website just went up titled BlackBerry at Mobile World Congress 2011 where it looks like they plan to post all sorts of information from the event as it becomes available. One of the RIM Twitter teams (@BlackBerryScene) has already started sending out pictures of the booths as well, which is always fun to see! Of course, CrackBerry will be bringing you all the news as it breaks, so keep your internet right here. What are you hoping to see from MWC11?"

Hopefully some new device and PB info announcements! If they're making this big of a deal, certainly something good will be announced!

Want to follow the news when not at the computer? Scan this:

YouTube Videos from MWC:

Last edited by dsquared2; 02-14-11 at 09:20 AM.
    luvac1 and Nojo73 like this.
    02-13-11 03:44 PM
    I think we are all looking forward to all the goodies that are coming out of this show. New blackberry stuff would be icing on the cake.
    02-13-11 03:49 PM
    i wish i didn't have class at 1:30......
    02-13-11 04:13 PM
    Links to realtime updates... Nice. Also a youtube link to watch MWC live if you must have it instantly....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 05:13 PM
    Links to realtime updates... Nice. Also a youtube link to watch MWC live if you must have it instantly....

I know! I mean live streaming? Something cool must happen
    02-13-11 06:09 PM
    I will be watching if I remember to.

02-13-11 06:38 PM
    I wish they would get some decent hardware out soon, other than the Playbook, to give developers a better platform to develop some of these so called "Super Apps" for. Hopefully these upcoming phones and OS 6.1 will be this platform.
    02-13-11 06:49 PM
    the "super app" thing is dumb. they are the same apps that every other platform has like poynt, urbanspoon, foursquare, slacker.
    02-13-11 07:19 PM
    I love the super app commercial...
    02-13-11 07:34 PM
    I love the super app commercial...
    i like the urbanspoon commercial
    02-13-11 07:41 PM
    I just hope there is more to this than just playbook stuff. Quite frankly....I am already fed up and done with playbook news. I know, its nifty and all, but give me some bb news on new device slated to be released this year. I care more about that than the PB.
    02-13-11 07:57 PM
    Ok I'll bite. What is a Super App? Is it able to leap tall buildings in a single bound or something? Other than push email for us guys with out a BB I want Netflix and I'm not talking bout for Christmas either.
    02-13-11 09:53 PM
    superapps were introduced back at last years MWC. They appear to be apps with integration into the OS via the calender, messages folder etc. like mentioned above several apps are considered "super apps" but they really arent anything special. I think RIM dropped the ball on the concept but looks like they are now going to pick the concept back up.

Here is a little video explaining some of it

Video: More than apps, Super Apps – Explained � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    02-13-11 10:04 PM
    Ok watched the video. Still no clue LOL

What's suppose to make an app super vs regular? The names they flashed up at the end are on other devices...

Are there suppose to be Super Apps on the PlayBook? According to some as long as you have a web browser you don't even need apps.

Is super app a marketing term which means this app will cost more?
    02-13-11 10:12 PM
    lol...i think it is mostly marketing. I agree most apps are available for other platforms and not special. I think the way they integrate is what is suppose to make them so nice. Remember RIM is all about efficiency and making your life easier
    02-13-11 10:14 PM
    Ok I guess I'll just have to wait and see one in action. I just need to hear about Netflix also the AT&T 3G version and if it'll have a GPSh
    02-13-11 10:19 PM
    From the crackberry main page:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-roa...aign=community

That is fing exciting. I want the 3.7 inch touchscreen one. Man, RIM is pulling out some great handsets.
    02-13-11 11:50 PM

2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap Explained in Detail | CrackBerry.com

That is fing exciting. I want the 3.7 inch touchscreen one. Man, RIM is pulling out some great handsets.
    i'm hoping some sort of reveal is happening this week! i want my monaco!:P
    02-13-11 11:54 PM
    I am surprised the original blackberry design with touch. Will rock for businesses.
    02-14-11 12:29 AM
    well they announced that an LTE model and HSPA+ 4G model but that is for the second half of 2011. So most all major carriers will have one if you want a radio equipped version. No annouce date for the Wifi version in US though
    Last edited by howarmat; 02-14-11 at 01:23 AM.
    02-14-11 01:18 AM
    I think I'm going blind, I can't see any live stream on that site.

02-14-11 04:50 AM

2011 BlackBerry Smartphone Roadmap Explained in Detail | CrackBerry.com

Its nice that they have officially acknowledged the plans on these devices, we know we can really expect them but it is disappointing that rim- staying true to form- didn't release any news like release dates or at least narrow it down to more than "first half/second hald 2011".

I am also holding out for this S3-style device and not jumping ship to droid or the other new phones.

02-14-11 05:43 AM
    Update: RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie was particularly chatty after the announcement of the new 4G PlayBook models. The takeaway is that RIM expects to price that BlackBerry tablet at less than $500 (WiFi-only model, presumably) -- much less with any carrier subsidies. He's also expecting to followup the Sprint deal in the US with similar signings of AT&T and Verizon Wireless. "All of our carrier partners want [PlayBook]," said Balsillie, referencing the 580 carrier partners that RIM enjoys in 165 countries. While Balsillie refused to comment on the PlayBook's rumored ability to run Android apps, he did confirm that RIM's new tablet was on track for a March or April release.
    RIM BlackBerry 4G PlayBook tablet now in delicious LTE and HSPA+ flavors (updated) -- Engadget
    02-14-11 06:04 AM
    I know not strictly PB, but they are now allowing outside devs access to BBM API. Not sure exactly what we will see with this, but still it's something new.
    02-14-11 06:14 AM
    the "super app" thing is dumb. they are the same apps that every other platform has like poynt, urbanspoon, foursquare, slacker.
    The potential for the SuperApp is great, it gives far more access than the Apps of OS5 generation.

lol...i think it is mostly marketing. I agree most apps are available for other platforms and not special. I think the way they integrate is what is suppose to make them so nice. Remember RIM is all about efficiency and making your life easier
    Unfortunately no one has taken the potential of a Super App,
    I would really enjoy to see someone take the potential and build an app that pulls BBM groups into a collaboration tool with a white board, or doodle app

Or see someone build a new Contact manager that integrates your BBM/IM clients/ Address book, into a simple clean CMS in the past apps just acted ontop of integrated RIM components, now basically they are making "rooted" apps from an Android standpoint.

I know not strictly PB, but they are now allowing outside devs access to BBM API. Not sure exactly what we will see with this, but still it's something new.
    There have been rumors of using the BBM API to build games that can be invited into, over BBM, building launchable applications like MSN did in the early 2000's
    Possibly building a multiplayer game network through BBM

it would make for a Fantastic MUD over BBM
    02-14-11 07:29 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD