Has anyone heard of anymore notice of when the Blackberry keyboard case will be available to purchase? I bought the Hipstreet one but returned it due to size and the keyboard kept losing connection.

I know there was a thread before but I am looking for a date of release.
    02-12-12 06:05 PM
    Well it is RUMORED to come out right around the time (or shortly there after) with the OS2.
    Haven't heard anything more concrete.
    02-12-12 06:07 PM
    Yeah, it'll drop **SOOON**

Definitely getting dropped in near conjunction with PlayBook OS 2.

Watch the blogs...
    02-12-12 06:20 PM
    Do we know where it will drop.....Best Buy, futureshop etc?
    02-12-12 06:43 PM

Watch the blogs...
    If it's coming "soon", then what is the big deal with RIM not actually coming out and saying exactley when the keyboard is going to be released. I can see reasons for why the exact release date for 2.0 has not been given; I just can't see any good reasons for the cloak and dagger stuff concerning the keyboard.

In fact, I'd argue that the lack of a release date along with relatively little information about this product (i.e., why wasn't this shown at CES?) has only hurt potential sales of this product as people have grown tired of waiting and purchased other bt keyboards.
    02-12-12 06:50 PM
    If it's coming "soon", then what is the big deal with RIM not actually coming out and saying exactley when the keyboard is going to be released. I can see reasons for why the exact release date for 2.0 has not been given; I just can't see any good reasons for the cloak and dagger stuff concerning the keyboard.

In fact, I'd argue that the lack of a release date along with relatively little information about this product (i.e., why wasn't this shown at CES?) has only hurt potential sales of this product as people have grown tired of waiting and purchased other bt keyboards.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. RIM doesn't have a clue how to market it's products. These days, it doesn't matter how good your stuff is. If you don't have an effective marketing plan, you simply will not get market share. RIM's marketing is anything but effective.
    02-12-12 07:43 PM
    I have a C Note set back for this case-keyboard combo. Hopefully, that will cover it!
    02-12-12 07:55 PM
    I have a C Note set back for this case-keyboard combo. Hopefully, that will cover it!
    Same here!
    02-12-12 08:00 PM
    So glad I posted here.....nothing like staying positive !
    02-12-12 08:03 PM
    Sorry for the negativety. It's just that RIM's marketing dept. drives me crazy. Any other company would have given the boot to the lot of them a long time ago.
    02-12-12 08:15 PM
    Yea, and you even got a response from CB Kevin! pretty lucky
    02-12-12 10:01 PM

ROFLMAO

Sorry Kevin but your credibility has been tarnished and has yet to be restored as far as this crackberrian is concerned. You are barely ahead of Research In Motion on this score.
    02-12-12 10:08 PM
    Yep, agreed. I waited almost one year with hopes that an official Blackberry-branded Bluetooth keyboard would be available, before buying the Hip Street Bluetooth Keyboard in January 2012. There is something rotten in Denmark w.r.t. the rumoured official Blackberry-branded Bluetooth keyboard.
    02-12-12 10:13 PM
    I spent my C-note on another keyboard and case combination from another manufacturer and will not be looking back. Business is brutal and waits for nobody or no company.
    02-12-12 10:17 PM
    I've been waiting for the bb keyboard ever since I saw the police car video. I am interested in seeing how the remote function works in 2.0
    02-12-12 10:22 PM
    I spent my C-note on another keyboard and case combination from another manufacturer and will not be looking back. Business is brutal and waits for nobody or no company.
    I agree with you. I waited until CES for RIM to release any information on their keyboard after seeing it mentioned on this website that one was in the works.

Sadly, with no news coming out of CES from RIM nor anyone at BB responding to various tweets from people asking for information/release dates, I stopped waiting.

Ironically, I bought a keyboard that was reviewed by Crackberry at CES. Had RIM actually announced a release date, I may have been inclined to wait a little bit longer. Nonetheless, their lack of marketing and continued reliance on a "coming soon mantra" simply pushed me away.

As you said, business is brutal and no company in their right mind should expect its consumers to simply continue to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait when there are existing products that do the job.
    02-13-12 01:26 AM
    I hesitated in buying bluetooth keyboard with case when I found out about the official one.
    Hope it will suits my needs.
    02-13-12 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD