Hey Guyz...Loggin In From Mumbai Rite Now! This Is The Introductory Post; Hope You Like It:
    Seems Like RIM's Keen Focus On Asian Markets Has Been A Boon To Indian Fans Of Blackberry! Or Should I Say "CRackBerry"!
    Never Before It Was Like These Days; When A New BB Device That Is Launched By RIM Worldwide; Is Available In India In Just A Couple Of Months.
    A Popular Advertising Campaign Carried Out In India Has Made It Possible For Blackberry To Amass Huge Popularity In All Segments Of The Indian Market. Promotion-"We Are The Blackberry Boyz..." This Single Tune Has Changed The Mindset Of People In India And It Told Them That Blackberry Is Not Just For The Office Guyz. Its For All.
    And The Recent TV Commercial: "Welcome To The Blackberry Family" Is So Emotionally Moving And Conveys The Company's Motive For Indian Market.
    No Doubt; Marketing Does Wonders For Achieving Goals.
    I Recommend You Guyz See These Commercials On Youtube; And You'll Like It Too.
    And I Am Happy That We Have Now More Choices Within BB Devices Available Right In Any Major Town And City Of India.
    Will Be Back With More....!
    11-27-11 01:06 AM

^ Links to the videos mentioned in the original post.

Interesting top comment on the second video:
    Now I wonder why rim can't just bring this successful model of consumer advertising back to North America. This kind of "emotional driven" ad relates blackberry with love, happiness, and all the good emotions in life. This is what drive the "BlackBerry" brand and this is how it sells.

When you mention BlackBerry in the US, first few things that come to peoples minds are "business", "boring", "slow" or "keyboard". RIM Marketing in Waterloo - You can really learn from your colleagues in India!
    11-27-11 01:14 AM
    Thats True...
    I Really Hope They Count In Your Suggestion...
    11-27-11 01:36 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    thanks, Mike .. great news! ... RIM is making some great strides in several places! ..... Blackberry Bold 9900 and Playbook is an amazing combination .... love it! ....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-11 01:39 AM
    Yeah I Am Dying To Get Hands On One Of The New BB 7 Devices:
    They Are Creating Much Hype Here In Mumbai Atleast: I Am Bored Of Using My BB Pearl 3G.
    I Have Already; As Mike Lazaridis Said: "Amplified My Blackberry Experience", With A 16GB Playbook.
    And Playbook Is Worth Every Single Penny Invested In It. I Am Excited For The Feb Update To Playbook OS 2.0
    Well Done RIM.
    Maybe RIM Should Often Visit Crackberry Forums To Get Motivated, Quite A Good Things Are Spoken Every Minute...
    11-27-11 01:48 AM

^ Links to the videos mentioned in the original post.

Interesting top comment on the second video:
    Thanks for the links, and thanks OP for the post.
    Nice positive message and the jingle grows on you.
    Here's another one I found:
    Mikefromindia likes this.
    11-27-11 01:48 AM
    Yeah I Am Dying To Get Hands On One Of The New BB 7 Devices:
    They Are Creating Much Hype Here In Mumbai Atleast: I Am Bored Of Using My BB Pearl 3G.
    I Have Already; As Mike Lazaridis Said: "Amplified My Blackberry Experience", With A 16GB Playbook.
    And Playbook Is Worth Every Single Penny Invested In It. I Am Excited For The Feb Update To Playbook OS 2.0
    Well Done RIM.
    Maybe RIM Should Often Visit Crackberry Forums To Get Motivated, Quite A Good Things Are Spoken Every Minute...
    They are everywhere mate.
    Don't die, get your credit card out and go buy one .
    If they are in short supply in Bombay, get one from Delhi.
    11-27-11 02:43 AM
    RIM is definitely doing some marketing in India, but i feel the company should look at reducing the price of devices to compete with Android or iphone. I see everyone i meet, my friends all prefer Iphone or Android, only 2-3 % of ppl i know go for BB.

I paid Rs 27000 for a 16gb PlayBook which is approximately equal to $580. But ppl is us and canada get it for $200-250.
    11-27-11 02:55 AM
    RIM is definitely doing some marketing in India, but i feel the company should look at reducing the price of devices to compete with Android or iphone. I see everyone i meet, my friends all prefer Iphone or Android, only 2-3 % of ppl i know go for BB.

I paid Rs 27000 for a 16gb PlayBook which is approximately equal to $580. But ppl is us and canada get it for $200-250.
    That's odd. All my friends have BB. No one even looks at iPhone and Androids.
    Thing is your or mine sample size is very small and means absolutely nothing towards the larger trend.
    You can look at BB sales figures in India and YOY growth. They seem to be doing something right. Why reduce prices and margins when you are selling great at the current price point. They are in the business of making money, not in the business of giving people a happy glow when they compare their devices to their Android toting friends.
    11-27-11 03:00 AM
    Yes it seems India is doing it right. Currently in Mysore India (from Canada)for 6 weeks and my Torch 9800 and pb are performing great. To the point that I'm always being asked by people to "quickly check there e mails" on my pb. It never turns out to be quickly I look at it as spreading the good word.
    11-27-11 03:21 AM
    That's odd. All my friends have BB. No one even looks at iPhone and Androids.
    Thing is your or mine sample size is very small and means absolutely nothing towards the larger trend.
    You can look at BB sales figures in India and YOY growth. They seem to be doing something right. Why reduce prices and margins when you are selling great at the current price point. They are in the business of making money, not in the business of giving people a happy glow when they compare their devices to their Android toting friends.
    11-27-11 03:24 AM
    Its a pity you have to misrepresent to make your point.
    You just posted the smartphone Market share in North America.
    For India, BB has a 5.4 % share of the entire cell phone market.
    Apple doesnt even figure on that list.
    Nokia leads India handset market| Indian mobile handset mkt grows 15 p.c. in FY 2011 - CIOL News Reports
    And here is another one. Please don't post false statistics to make you point. Lying is not a way to win debates.
    http://news.24xindia.in/8122/2011/10...-rim-in-india/
    Last edited by sam_b77; 11-27-11 at 03:37 AM.
    11-27-11 03:33 AM
    Its a pity you have to misrepresent to make your point.
    You just posted the smartphone Market share in North America.
    For India, BB has a 5.4 % share of the entire cell phone market.
    Apple doesnt even figure on that list.
    Nokia leads India handset market| Indian mobile handset mkt grows 15 p.c. in FY 2011 - CIOL News Reports
    Bro these stats were out about 3 weeks back in a Indian business news paper, i think its economic times.... well cant remember. Well i'm from Bangalore and can tell you that the age groups between 16-28 generally prefer iphone or Android.

Blackberry Losing The Enterprise Smartphone Market Share To iPhone!
    11-27-11 03:41 AM
    @Limetrip,
    Here is another one for you. This is Bloomberg. Please read it through.
    Apple has 2.6% of the Indian smartphone market while blackberry has 15% share.
    Apple Cedes Surging India Smartphone Market to Nokia-RIM: Tech - Bloomberg
    In essence STOP LYING.
    11-27-11 03:41 AM
    LimeTrip, that chart is from iPass, and it was related to global enterprise sales. It has nothing to do with India consumers.
    11-27-11 03:43 AM
    Bro these stats were out about 3 weeks back in a Indian business news paper, i think its economic times.... well cant remember. Well i'm from Bangalore and can tell you that the age groups between 16-28 generally prefer iphone or Android.

Blackberry Losing The Enterprise Smartphone Market Share To iPhone!
    The article you are linking to is a cut and paste job of an American article. It was around here on crackberry a few weeks back. The graph it self is represnting North American Trends.
    I'm talking about the Indian market and not the Global market.
    Global figures represent the biggest market which is NA.
    The graph you posted is accurate for the American/global market. It is not for the Indian market.
    11-27-11 03:44 AM
    @Limetrip,
    Here is the original article:
    iPhone more popular than BlackBerry for business users | Apple - CNET News
    You posted a bloody copy paste article from copycat Indians. This is expected from us, Indians always copy. But you should have known better than to post a hack job with a spin which has no relevance to the Indian market share.
    11-27-11 03:49 AM
    @Limetrip,
    Here is another one for you. This is Bloomberg. Please read it through.
    Apple has 2.6% of the Indian smartphone market while blackberry has 15% share.
    Apple Cedes Surging India Smartphone Market to Nokia-RIM: Tech - Bloomberg
    In essence STOP LYING.
    Bro i dont get paid by android or apple to lie abt rims performance lol Dont get so emotional.
    11-27-11 03:53 AM
    Bro i dont get paid by android or apple to lie abt rims performance lol Dont get so emotional.
    We have strong suspicions about those people operating here. Don't worry Blackjack is on a mission to weed them out
    11-27-11 04:09 AM
    Thanks Mike, and yes, BB appears to have a huge fan base outside of the US; my wife is from South America, and that is all you see on the streets...Blackberrys.
    Mikefromindia likes this.
    11-27-11 05:06 AM
    Hey Guyz...Loggin In From Mumbai Rite Now!
    Enough with the TXT speak, Mike (right, ) from India. If you want to be taken seriously try using the Queen's English or one of the various Indian dialects if you really want to be clever. Glad to hear you enjoy the BlackBerry PlayBook despite your government's rantings and ravings about terrorists using BlackBerry smartphones to communicate.
    11-27-11 05:09 AM
    Bro these stats were out about 3 weeks back in a Indian business news paper, i think its economic times.... well cant remember.
    The Economic Times (India) is well-known for inaccurate and outright fraudulent articles.

Well i'm from Bangalore and can tell you that the age groups between 16-28 generally prefer iphone or Android.
    Good. All the better for their own government to electronically eavesdrop on their communications.
    11-27-11 05:16 AM
    Enough with the TXT speak, Mike (right, ) from India. If you want to be taken seriously try using the Queen's English or one of the various Indian dialects if you really want to be clever. Glad to hear you enjoy the BlackBerry PlayBook despite your government's rantings and ravings about terrorists using BlackBerry smartphones to communicate.
    I wanted to say the same thing, but controlled myself. .
    TXT speak is so irritating.
    As an aside, he could be "Micheal". Indian christian. Either that or he is using his call centre handle.
    11-27-11 05:16 AM
    Well Guyzz,
    Whatever those sales figures mean or if iphone sales are rising;
    i and we know for sure that we are not laying our hands on those THINGS.
    I love and cherish using my crackberry and crackbook all the way.
    Happy BBMING and BBERRIYING...lol.
    12-02-11 10:40 PM
    I wanted to say the same thing, but controlled myself. .
    TXT speak is so irritating.
    As an aside, he could be "Micheal". Indian christian. Either that or he is using his call centre handle.
    Well not much to reply though,
    But LOGICALLY, if i am on the crackberry site; and michael would be the name;...
    anyways,
    i am a big fan of big Mike (Mike Lazaridis). one of the best persons i've met.
    Just respecting the big guy in a unusual way...
    12-02-11 10:49 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD