So I have my Blackberry App World ID for my Blackberry Bold 9650, should I have a different one for my Playbook of keep same email and password ?

Does the PB know the difference between those programs and the Bold 9650 programs ? dumb question - maybe...

your thoughts ? for people that have their PB set up already....

Thanks in advance..Kev
    04-18-11 10:42 PM
    So I have my Blackberry App World ID for my Blackberry Bold 9650, should I have a different one for my Playbook of keep same email and password ?

Does the PB know the difference between those programs and the Bold 9650 programs ? dumb question - maybe...

your thoughts ? for people that have their PB set up already....

Thanks in advance..Kev
    The point of BlackBerry ID is have all your BlackBerry stuff all together in one account. What BlackBerry ID info you use on your BlackBerry you use on the PlayBook.

And yes, the PB will know the difference.
    04-18-11 10:43 PM
    Definitely better to use the same ID. Apps are purchased per-app, not per-platform, so already purchased apps that release a PlayBook version you won't have to re-buy.
    04-19-11 12:06 AM
    Are you sure that about that? Apple will make you re-buy an app for your iPad if you want the iPad specific version of it. Even if its already on your iPhone/iPod Touch. They just add an "HD" to the end of the app name and list it separetely. That would be great if RIM did that for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 01:41 AM
    Are you sure that about that? Apple will make you re-buy an app for your iPad if you want the iPad specific version of it. Even if its already on your iPhone/iPod Touch. They just add an "HD" to the end of the app name and list it separetely. That would be great if RIM did that for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Use a single Blackberry ID. That's the overall point of it to manage all of your purchased apps. You don't create a separate Blackberry ID by device. You can if you want to but that's not the design intent.

P.S. BTW, while Apple developers *may* do that (not always) for "iPad specific" apps, that's not always the case especially if a developer releases a "universal" app that can be used across all IOS devices.
    04-19-11 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD