i have had my 32gig playbook since release day and its been working wonderfully for me. However, today when i went to app world to download an app it gave me the message "blackberry ID could not be validated". A phone call to rim yielded no results. i have restated my device and my os is up to date. Anyone have any ideas?
    05-06-11 08:10 PM
    AppWorld appears to be down. I cannot log in either.
    05-08-11 01:28 PM
    After several hours of struggling I have discovered three possible fixes.

1) create a blackberry ID just for play book and change the password on the account connected to your playbook. This will cause the playbook to prompt you to enter your account name and password every time you log into app world. Kind of a downside.

2) Security f***ing wipe
    05-08-11 04:15 PM
    I've experienced this problem for 2 days now. I use the same ID on my 9700 which works perfectly with app world and even shows the playbook apps in the unavailable list. I was trying to download a fee app but got the validation error, this also happened when trying to access my world. Called playbook tech support and tried several things with no success but whilst on hold I tried to download a chargeable app and that was it success. If you experience this issue download a chargeable app which will allow you to sign in, then cancel at the payment screen. Now everything should work as normal. The tech support guy made a note of this to add to the knowledge database.
    07-04-11 04:39 AM
    I had a similar problem. My original BBID was not linked to PayPal, this caused problems on both my Torch and my PlayBook. The solution was to create a new BBID with a new email (again I did not link a PayPal account). The update on my Torch was simple, log in with the new user name. The PB required a security wipe and a bran new setup. I entered my new BBID when prompted and problem solved. To date there does not seem to be a way to change BBID on the PB with doing a wipe.
    07-04-11 09:53 AM
    It's AT&T's fault.....
    07-04-11 11:24 AM
    ""I tried to download a chargeable app and that was it success. If you experience this issue download a chargeable app which will allow you to sign in, then cancel at the payment screen."

<---GENIUS, that worked for me...
    timpayne and schultcj like this.
    07-07-11 11:13 AM
    i know this is old, but just wanted to say it worked for me too
    12-17-11 11:18 AM
    Just worked for me too - thanks!
    12-22-11 07:48 PM
    If you experience this issue download a chargeable app which will allow you to sign in, then cancel at the payment screen.
    Thanks for posting. This just helped me!
    wellard likes this.
    01-01-12 07:44 AM
    Sorry but it doesn't work for me.
    I hace tried with a chargeable app and it has not worked. My PB cancelled the action. This has happenned since I updated to OS2.
    I went to the BB web site from my laptop and changed my Password. It did not work.
    Now I am at the 8th attempt out of the 10 allowed.
    Any suggestions on what else I could do without security wipe?
    Last edited by Sergiohon; 03-21-12 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Typo
    03-21-12 03:39 PM
    Sorry but it doesn't work for me.
    I hace tried with a chargeable app and it has not worked. My PB cancelled the action. This has happenned since I updated to OS2.
    I went to the BB web site from my laptop and changed my Password. It did not work.
    Now I am at the 8th attempt out of the 10 allowed.
    Any suggestions on what else I could do without security wipe?
    I had this problem for a few days, and the only solution was a security wipe.
    03-21-12 04:01 PM
    Thanks. One question: when doing a security wipe what happens to your downloaded apps?
    03-25-12 08:59 AM
    It happened to me too. Deleting thewifi network from the device and authenticating again was all I had to do. No need to buy something from AppWorld.

Thanks. One question: when doing a security wipe what happens to your downloaded apps?
    All files are deleted from the device when you perform a wipe. That's why a backup is alays recommended.
    03-25-12 09:03 AM
    If you don't backup apps or for some reason your backup does not work, appworld keeps track of what you have downloaded (for free) or purchased and when you enter your original bbid, you will be able to download them again. You will not have to pay again.
    03-25-12 09:48 AM
    Try deleting your wifi connection and re-adding it. This has fixed numerous connectivity issues for me, including problems with my BB id.
    03-25-12 12:21 PM
    Same problem for me - I've had it live at Unable to verify BlackBerry ID on Z10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums for a couple of weeks but no solution.
    04-07-15 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD