I have a problem after forgetting my BBid , went to change , no problem, remembered the clue and changed the password.
    When I try to use the new password, the screen keeps coming up with ,you cannot change users and enter the old password.
    I have tried to remember the old password, but old age is creeping in and nothing works.
    Now the password request keeps coming up every 5 minutes and i have to clear it to carry on. I cant find any information in the manual.
    HELP !!!!!!
    11-07-13 03:03 AM
    Same thing happened to me. Only solution was to call BlackBerry support. Need to keep your BlackBerry ID and have the password reset.
    Good luck!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-07-13 06:31 AM
    They want $49 to speak to me, seems like their software problem and I am paying for it!
    11-07-13 09:16 AM
    They want $49 to speak to me, seems like their software problem and I am paying for it!
    Is it still within the 1 year warranty? If so, should be gratis. Usually, from what I've read in here, thay have been a "bit loose" with the 1 year time limit......so if you are just over the limit, they may let it slide....
    if not, you may be stuck for the charge...

c
    11-07-13 11:05 AM
    We're you trying to change the password or the actual blackberry ID. The ID is usually showed in the device settings, I had similar issues years ago before I knew what the ID was. Changing the password should work from a forgotten password link which I have done many times.

I have a problem after forgetting my BBid , went to change , no problem, remembered the clue and changed the password.
    When I try to use the new password, the screen keeps coming up with ,you cannot change users and enter the old password.
    I have tried to remember the old password, but old age is creeping in and nothing works.
    Now the password request keeps coming up every 5 minutes and i have to clear it to carry on. I cant find any information in the manual.
    HELP !!!!!!
    11-09-13 08:32 AM
    If I'm not misunderstanding, To change the BBID on a device, you have to wipe the device.
    So maybe you should backup the device, wipe and enter the new BBID

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    11-09-13 10:00 AM
    If I'm not misunderstanding, To change the BBID on a device, you have to wipe the device.
    So maybe you should backup the device, wipe and enter the new BBID

I don't think that is the case. BBID can be changed without having to wipe.
    11-09-13 10:49 AM
    I don't think that is the case. BBID can be changed without having to wipe.
    The BBID? As in the full username and password?
    You can't change BBID's without a security wipe.
    Where can you do this? On what device?

11-09-13 01:05 PM
    Sorry MiSsY, the brain isn't in gear tonight. I was about to reply with more misinformation and say that I have changed my BBID twice without doing a wipe. But I haven't, I have only changed the password.
    11-09-13 02:23 PM
    Sorry MiSsY, the brain isn't in gear tonight. I was about to reply with more misinformation and say that I have changed my BBID twice without doing a wipe. But I haven't, I have only changed the password.
    Haha no worries, happens to all of us
    Password changes for sure! But to change the id you'll need a wipe.
    That's why I suggested the OP backup the device. Wipe it, put new BBID on and then restore whatever from the backup

dc scotland likes this.
    11-09-13 02:53 PM