Hi pals,
    Well, I want to show you something that I found here in Puerto Rico that makes me cry (of pain, lol). A local cell phone company, by the way, my career, is selling the Curve 9330 + the playbook for 349.95 without contract (the PB is just wi-fi) I want to share this because this is career where I have my cellphone and is juts for clients already exist (I qualify! but is the same phine that I have) so, I want to share the pain I'm almost goin to rebuy my cell to have a new PB
    07-23-11 11:12 AM
    Wow, what a deal. If theres really no contract there just giving them away in PR.
    07-23-11 11:38 AM
    That exact deal is been run by a company called Phones 4U in the UK, I went in to get my playbook an they tried to sell me the deal, but i already have a torch 9800 so i wasnt going to take out a new contract!

�35 per month for the curve over a 24 month contract and the playbooks thrown in. �35 per month is a pretty standard price plan too.
    07-23-11 11:40 AM
    They should work with carriers in the USA in order to do something like this with the new OS7 devices! Obviously the price would be significantly higher...
    07-23-11 11:42 AM
    They should work with carriers in the USA in order to do something like this with the new OS7 devices! Obviously the price would be significantly higher...

If RIM ran an offer like that here in the UK, id get another PB and Phone.
    07-23-11 11:44 AM
    I was thinking too bad it's a curve.
    07-23-11 11:47 AM
    If RIM ran an offer like that here in the UK, id get another PB and Phone.
    I think there are a lot of customers who would.

It would be a boon for both RIM and the carriers as well. Carriers would push more devices and hook people into their contracts. RIM would sell more phones and PlayBooks and get them into people's hands, even if at a bit of a loss, to possibly rebuild some support and reputation, etc. RIM would be dealing with carriers--rather than direct retail--as well. Their used to doing business that way. I think it would make a great promotional strategy... Granted, it would be better if things like the Android Player, NDK, etc. were released before they were in the customer's hands. They need to do something--erhmm--BOLD in the North American market and rather quickly.

I was thinking too bad it's a curve.
    I don't think the Curve line is a bad choice for RIM to be bundling with the PlayBook. Its certainly the least expensive line for RIM and the consumer yet it provides all of what you'd expect from a BlackBerry. They line has brought blockbuster sales for RIM in the past... I would assume most of us here worrying about these things on CrackBerry would gravitate to the other BB lines, but that should discount what they can do with the Curve.
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-23-11 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added reply to "kbz1960" so as not to double-post.
    07-23-11 11:54 AM
    Well, this deals are really good and for some reason the curve is one of the most saled line of the blackberry, here in PR; is the line that more company sales with offerts with contract. The main company sales the gsm, just few sales the cdma, for example, Open. By the way, the roamin in USA Continental is Verizon, don't know if this have something to do with the prices too; also, they (Open) sales blackberry models that Verizon and Sprint use to sale.
    07-23-11 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD