I'd like to start out by saying that I don't own a blackberry, or even a blackberry playbook, and so I have no experience with how they work. However, my boss (who has had AT&T and a blackberry for years) just bought the 64g playbook, without realizing he couldn't do the Bridge. I've spent the past two days trying and retrying to download the workarounds, download them to desktop manager (it feels like just about everything) to no avail. The best I can do is to get the OTA downloaded onto the phone, and then never find it again, except in Options->applications-> add ons, with no option to install it, actually. If anyone could help me figure this out, I would be deeply in your debt. I really don't want to have to tell my boss that his only option is to take it back or pay $30.00 a month to "fix" it.

Thank you!
    06-30-11 12:29 PM
    Well $30.00 a month won't fix it. Make sure you are downloading the correct version the Bridge app only works on devices with OS 5 or 6.

Completely Delete the Bridge app from the device and do a restart
    goto the OTA sticky here and download the app.
    You should see an icon, if he has OS 6 use the universal search to find it, at the bottom of the main menu page.

If he does have OS 5 I would suggest upgrading to 6. Seems there are more people with download issue with OS 5 than OS 6.

If that works please tell your boss my fee is $100 and I only accept cash.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 06-30-11 at 12:43 PM.
    06-30-11 12:39 PM
    Thank you for your reply; I've deleted the application from the options, and restarted. I'll let you know how it goes from there.

Do you have any idea how I would know if he is running OS5 or OS6 so I could pick the right one? I had a suspicion that that was part of the problem yesterday, but ended up download both, I think?

I'm sorry; I'm incredibly new to all of this; I don't have a smartphone myself, so it's a whole new world for me.
    06-30-11 12:57 PM
    In the Options menu you should see an about option. I believe your boss is running OS 5 or lower. What type of phone does he have.
    06-30-11 12:59 PM
    It's a Blackberry Bold 9700. I THINK it's on OS5? How would I go about upgrading if I need to? Download the OTA for OS5 as I type.
    06-30-11 01:04 PM
    And it said the application was successfully installed, but didn't ask me to restart the phone; should I do that? WAS it successfully installed without a restart prompt?
    06-30-11 01:05 PM
    Yes it should not require a restart, at least I don't think.

You should be able to hit the menu key after that the icon should be at the bottom of the page. It looks like a blue box with a gray phone in front of it.

If you don't see it hit the menu key and select "show all" to make sure it isn't hidden.
    06-30-11 01:12 PM
    Oh, wow. You are a genius. I think it was the SHOW ALL that I was missing. There it is!! After two days!! Thank you!! So if I hit ADD NEW TABLET and make sure the bluetooth is on for both, it should recognize it?
    06-30-11 01:19 PM
    That's all! Glad I could help and hope you don't have anymore problems.
    06-30-11 01:34 PM
    Fantastic, fantastic. Thank you so much for all of your help.
    06-30-11 01:34 PM
    Foreverup,

Thanks, So simple 'Show all'
    07-12-11 11:16 AM
    Will you be getting a raise for this, or just avoid being fired?
    Inquiring minds need to know.
    07-12-11 12:21 PM
    Foreverup,

Thanks, So simple 'Show all'
    No problem i actually happened to me the first time i downloaded it but i have had that problem with other apps it was the first i did to find it.

Will you be getting a raise for this, or just avoid being fired?
    Inquiring minds need to know.
    I'm still waiting my $100 in cash
    07-12-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD