Our IT Team have just changed policy on our company Blackberry phones to allow us to install many more approved applications including Blackberry Bridge.

I am unclear what functionality this will give me and whether it is worth the effort.

Currently I have a personal Playbook which I pair with MIFI, WIFI and bluetooth keyboard and a company Blackberry Bold..
    09-02-13 10:30 AM
    Alot. You can use your Bold internet connection for the Playbook
    you can view pic on your Bold on your PlayBook. Just open the picture, press the menu key and sellect open on playbook
    you can use the awsome Bold keyboard for your Playbook as a part of the remote control funtionality
    and many more, but in my mind those are the most important
    dphjeff and sjsg like this.
    09-02-13 10:46 AM
    Our IT Team have just changed policy on our company Blackberry phones to allow us to install many more approved applications including Blackberry Bridge.

I am unclear what functionality this will give me and whether it is worth the effort.

Currently I have a personal Playbook which I pair with MIFI, WIFI and bluetooth keyboard and a company Blackberry Bold..
    With a Bold, Bridge will allow you to open, read and reply to email on the pb. Typing might be harder on the pb (that depends on editing skills) but reading on the larger screen is easier. Similarly, you can read/control your calendar, tasks and Memos. If you are viewing things on the Bold, you can find a new Menu Item "Open on PB" which will open the doc or webpage on the larger screen.

There's also a Presentation Mode where you can control the pb using the phone and you can use the phone's keyboard on the pb.

Try it - there's really nothing to lose. You don't like it, UNinstall it.

Oh, if AT&T is your carrier, you might want to visit rroyy.com and get Bridge from his site - AT&T blocks browsing using Bridge.
    dphjeff, Carl Estes and sjsg like this.
    09-02-13 10:59 AM

Yes, I would connect the Bridge it only takes a few minute to do. I use the bridge feature on the my PlayBook all of the time (mostly use my 9930 Bold for phone calls). Here is a snapshot of some of the thing you can do while you are Bridged.
    If you don't like it you can always delete it and if you do install it let us know what you think about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Bridge - Should I bother?-img_00000370.jpg  
    sjsg likes this.
    09-02-13 11:03 AM
    Thanks for all the helpful comments, I will definitely give it a go.
    09-03-13 03:26 AM
    Yes, I would connect the Bridge it only takes a few minute to do. I use the bridge feature on the my PlayBook all of the time (mostly use my 9930 Bold for phone calls). Here is a snapshot of some of the thing you can do while you are Bridged.
    If you don't like it you can always delete it and if you do install it let us know what you think about it.
    Urgh! This picture make me so mad at BB all over again.
    dphjeff, DatBoyHam, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    09-03-13 06:12 AM
    Want to text msg on PlayBook with Z10 like I used to with Torch 9810 via BlackBerry Bridge? Suggestions on apps?
    09-03-13 02:04 PM