I have tried searching for this without success.

The IT group at my Company does not "support" the PlayBook. Could that mean that there is an IT Rule that will prevent me from using the PlayBook / Bridge software to view and access my e-mail? Basically, trying to find out if the PlayBook works with all BlackBerry's regardless of IT rules. I'd love to get one, just don't want to be left with a useless device. Thanks for any guidance.
    09-15-11 08:29 PM
    Actually, if you can find a store that sells them and where they are actually working, you can test yourself. You would need to download the Bridge app for the phone (bb appworld) and then go to the store, press the gear, open the Bridge and see what happens after you pair the devices. Since nothing is saved on the pb once you walk more than bluetooth distance, you leave no data behind. Or you can also remove the pairing.
    09-15-11 09:13 PM
    My company has a fairly tight grip on my BB. Data encryption, blocking MMS, no HTML in email. However, I've found that there is no company-driven limits placed on functionality through BB Bridge. Anything that works on my phone, works on the Playbook. I do believe there are some functional limitations in the PB apps (I can't set the "show time as...", can't cut-n-paste into or out of Bridge apps), but my guess is some of that was simply feature-light initial versions as well as a more conservative approach by RIM to ensure that companies wouldn't DIS-allow PBs for their BB owners.

I personally believe there is no better tablet out there for a corporate BB user...not even close. If there were never another s/w update, I'd still stick with my PB for as long as my company hosts their BES server! (That being said, I'm VERY excited to.see what new apps are on the horizon, whether via a gentle trickle of native apps, or a big flood of Android apps!)
    09-15-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD