You do understand that browsing via Wifi is not affected by this AT&T decision, right? That there are two browsers on the PlayBook - one that is Wifi only and the other that uses the bridge? And that it is the bridge browser that is affected?
    im pretty sure he knows that. his comments were more of just general disappointments with the PB and this is just one more to have to deal with.
    07-03-11 11:12 AM
    im pretty sure he knows that. his comments were more of just general disappointments with the PB and this is just one more to have to deal with.
    +1

Just pointing out my disappointment with the functionality of the PB as it is right now, and in AT&T for being in their monopoly directed attitude...again.
    07-03-11 01:26 PM
    just keep using the ota app. then you wont need to pay any fees.
    I have a bad feeling Kevin will be receiving some kind of notice regarding the OTA bridge app links.. maybe not, but it seems like a classic at&t move. And as far as the lawsuits, not happening. If you've signed a contract in the past few years, you agreed to an arbitration agreement. I'm no lawyer, so there may be a way around it, but I do work with at&t and there's a reason they make you agree to it. After all, the arbitration firms' biggest customers are the carriers, and iirc according to the statistics, they side with them 80+ percent of the time.

All in all this is a really low blow.. to us customers and to RIM. At first i was hoping they [at&t] were just slow as usual, but after a couple months went by I knew they were gonna charge for it. They really are scumbags.. it's absurd that they're calling such a basic & limited feature tethering, when its more like screen duplication. I'm really curious how they will track usage. I'm gonna talk to our at&t rep on Tuesday & see what I can find out. I'll report back if I can get any details out of him.
    Jake2826 and determined61 like this.
    07-03-11 07:31 PM
78 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD