Right top of the screen there is Blackberry Bridge sign. When I touch and open it I see "lock" or "unlock". What does this mean?
    04-24-11 09:18 AM
    you can lock access to the info within the bridge apps. My phone has a password on it, and whenever I first initiate bridge and want to check the messages folder, the PB always asks me to 'unlock bridge', which is the same password from my phone.
    04-24-11 09:24 AM
    according to blackberry- you are supposed to be able to access the internet directly from your smart phone (ie torch) without having to access the wi-fi.
    theory being- if there is no wi-fi you still have access. i am aware that att is locking out certain functions. ..but can anyone shed more light on this? also-
    how can you down load an attachment from an email?

roger
    04-24-11 09:34 AM
    according to blackberry- you are supposed to be able to access the internet directly from your smart phone (ie torch) without having to access the wi-fi.
    theory being- if there is no wi-fi you still have access. i am aware that att is locking out certain functions. ..but can anyone shed more light on this? also-
    how can you down load an attachment from an email?

roger
    Internet Tethering.

It's in your options screen. It's specifically called Internet Tethering. Go to it, follow instructions.
    04-24-11 09:45 AM
    Right top of the screen there is Blackberry Bridge sign. When I touch and open it I see "lock" or "unlock". What does this mean?
    I'm curious as well. I started using the lock feature and my bridging performance seems much better and more reliable. Does this make sense?
    12-13-11 06:23 AM
    If you dowloaded the bridge app from the appworld, delete it and restart your bb then go to the thread in here that has the OTA version. I did that and can use the browser when I have no wifi its of course slower but non the less I don't have access to wifi at work so this is a welcome + well It was meant to be like this but att blocked that feature on their app. The link for the ota is in the forums or on rroyy.com
    12-13-11 06:33 AM
    Internet Tethering.

It's in your options screen. It's specifically called Internet Tethering. Go to it, follow instructions.
    On att tehtering will call for a tethering plan for $45 with a 4 GB limit
    12-13-11 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD