Once a month while reading an email the Blackberry Bridge will partially fail. It begins by displaying a Blackberry Bridge Locked message, but not your typical message (see attached). If I enter the password it begins to open the email client and then returns to the same message again. All the other apps on the bridge work fine(contacts, bridge files, calendar, etc) Reboots don't help. The only solution is to restore from a previous backup.

I'm really sick of this problem. RIM is no help. They seem to know less about the system than I do. I really want to send them a bill.

Anybody else have this problem?

David
    10-15-11 07:55 AM
    When my bridge fails I reboot the Playbook and that takes care of it. You mentioned that a reboot doesn't fix your problem. Awhile back I had bridge issues 2 or 3 times. I uninstalled bridge on both devices, erased the bluetooth pairing on both devices. Then I reinstalled Bridge, re-paired on Bluetooth, re-bridged. This worked for me. I think sometimes the app gets corrupted and just needs to be cleaned out and reinstalled.
    kbz1960 and CracklePot like this.
    10-15-11 08:57 AM
    Shooting in the dark here but maybe some other bluetooth device trying to connect to your PB? I was playing around with my wifes BB and tried bridging it to my own pb and i think i got a similar message when. Maybe some security thing against probing the bluetooth.

Like i said shot in the dark, im gonna try to mess around with this again , but did u call BB support, demand someone who actually know what they are talking about
    10-15-11 09:06 AM
    Thanks for the comments. I have deleted bridge on both devices with no luck on any of the failures. Also, there are no other bluetooth devices in the area that could be causing interference.

Has nobody seen this problem or this message???

d
    10-15-11 03:00 PM
    Do you have a password on both your phone and the playbook? Seems like awhile back there was a thread about trouble with some phones? and that.
    10-15-11 03:12 PM
    I do have a password on the phone. Had one on both and thought that was the problem originally. So, I removed the Playbook password. Could be the initial cause that starts the problem.
    10-15-11 07:11 PM
    When I remove the password on the Blackberry Bold 9700 and try to start the email client, it starts, opens the application, goes to a black screen and starts back up again in one continuous do-loop....
    10-15-11 07:29 PM
    So, I have had to restore the Playbook back to last weeks backup. Since nothing else works. I feel like I have an Epson Computer running DOS-Basic again. It was cutting edge technology back in 1983 and it too had to be backed up all the time. How things change yet remain the same.
    10-16-11 03:04 PM
    i love blackberry.. i have the blackberry 9930 and my playbook but all i read is people who have constant problems with these devices.. nothing is ever easy.. its just not stable anymore
    10-16-11 03:53 PM
    i love blackberry.. i have the blackberry 9930 and my playbook but all i read is people who have constant problems with these devices.. nothing is ever easy.. its just not stable anymore
    QNX is unstable. BBOS is very stable
    10-16-11 03:55 PM
    Yet another email client failure....This happens once a month for me. Anyone else having this problem?
    11-16-11 07:57 AM
    Yet another email client failure....This happens once a month for me. Anyone else having this problem?
    The message you've attached in #1 looks like OS2beta bridged workaround (i.e: bridge in a browser) one, are you on OS2.0 ?
    11-16-11 08:30 AM
    Nope, not running OS 2.0. Still running the old OS.
    11-16-11 12:33 PM
    QNX is unstable. BBOS is very stable
    QNX is extremely stable and known throughout the industry for its stability. The problem being described in this thread has nothing to do with the OS. The problem seems to be the bt pairing and a very rare problem at that.
    11-16-11 12:40 PM
    No problems for me. I've been firing off and receiving emails all morning.
    luango likes this.
    11-16-11 12:42 PM
    Once a month while reading an email the Blackberry Bridge will partially fail. It begins by displaying a Blackberry Bridge Locked message, but not your typical message (see attached). If I enter the password it begins to open the email client and then returns to the same message again. All the other apps on the bridge work fine(contacts, bridge files, calendar, etc) Reboots don't help. The only solution is to restore from a previous backup.

I'm really sick of this problem. RIM is no help. They seem to know less about the system than I do. I really want to send them a bill.

Anybody else have this problem?

David
    Sorry, I've never encountered your problem and don't recall a similar problem ever being reported on this forum. Your problem is rare.

Have you tried re-pairing from scratch?
    11-16-11 12:45 PM
    Nope, not running OS 2.0. Still running the old OS.
    So, two basic returns :
    1/ Have you checked that bridge isn't actually locked (white icon on the top left PB screen) ?
    2/ http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ms-try-669143/

EDIT/ PS: you wrote "once a month", is it a fixed day or was it just an occurrence evaluation ?

Don't feel offended if this is too simple. Thus, I'll check #2 ... as BT, especially if your phone is tightened via BT to other devices, is sometimes capricious.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-16-11 at 01:00 PM.
    11-16-11 12:49 PM
    Kinda sounds like the problems I would see way back when I had a password set. I took the password off of my BB and it stopped. But it was a steady thing, not monthly
    11-16-11 12:51 PM
    Kinda sounds like the problems I would see way back when I had a password set. I took the password off of my BB and it stopped. But it was a steady thing, not monthly
    I do have passwords on both PB and 9900, but no trouble. May be OS (phone/PB) related ?
    11-16-11 12:58 PM
    I also had a rare Bridge problem where the password entry on the PB was caused an ongoing "request password loop". No way to fix it other than doing a full security wipe to restore to factory default. I don't think the restore from backup routine you're doing is sufficient - I think you need to do a complete wipe of your debice and then manually load back apps, documents and settings.

Good luck.
    11-16-11 09:22 PM
    I am to the point where I have a clean restore that I can rebuild the PB with and it runs for a while. I have a password on my BB Bold 9700. However, I took the password off the Playbook months ago. This seemed to help prevent it from occurring frequently. I have also deleted and reinstalled bridge as well as performed a security wipe. The security wipe works to restore the device, but the problem still reoccurs. Deleting and installing bridge doesn't change a thing though.
    11-17-11 10:33 AM
    I am to the point where I have a clean restore that I can rebuild the PB with and it runs for a while. I have a password on my BB Bold 9700. However, I took the password off the Playbook months ago. This seemed to help prevent it from occurring frequently. I have also deleted and reinstalled bridge as well as performed a security wipe. The security wipe works to restore the device, but the problem still reoccurs. Deleting and installing bridge doesn't change a thing though.
    Well, I hope for you that the OS update to come (within "weeks") provides you a better experience; seems that they fixed some issues regarding BT ... which may, I suppose, be your problem.
    11-17-11 11:07 AM
    I am still holding out hope for a fix too. Otherwise, it's going back to RIM.
    11-18-11 05:43 AM
    What Blackberry Bridge needs is some sort of backup plan on the Playbook when it fails. We all accept that technology isn't ever flawless but it should be able to rescue you when it does.

Yesterday I learnt this the hard way. In a VERY important 'End of Financial Year' board meeting yesterday I took lengthy notes in Evernote backing up to the Evernote server as I went along. All good until I came to do the final save. No joy. Bridge had locked me out. I couldn't get the wi-fi code for the place we were in. So I copied all the text to paste into an email.....ah but the email is on my phone so no joy (plus a 'logging in screen that won't go away). Ah!.....paste it into a note!....erm...no it's on the phone too. Paste it into another app? Docs to Go? Well try pasting from one app to another on the Playbook and you find it's hardly universal. Somewhere in the tablet chaos I accidentally hit the G key while I had all the text selected and ended up with an entire afternoons notes summed up with one letter.

There's a distinct lack of undo buttons in Playbook apps in my opinion and I couldn't 'undo' my **** up. And not being able to paste it anywhere I could think of mean't I was left with a disaster.

So even BB Bridge only falls over once a month it could be costly on a business targeted device. I'm going to find the time this weekend to find out where I can copy and paste to and from. Had a similar situation this morning when bridge crashed while writing an email. For the record my 9900 is up to date, un-fiddled with and has relatively few apps on it. Certainly none I haven't been using for a long time.
    11-18-11 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD