I would like to know if the blackberry bridge drain a lot of battery and cut me from precious hours of work? Thank you crackberry.com!
    03-20-12 09:46 PM
    I have my phone and PB bridged most of the work day, as well as wifi on and have never run out of battery and I work it pretty hard on some days.
    polomint, jafobabe and Willard814 like this.
    03-20-12 11:39 PM
    ^^^^^

Same here... I use it mostly at home, as soon as I get home from work until I go to bed... so I run it a good 6-7 hrs with plenty of battery left.
    I still plug it in at night so it is ready for me in the morning before I go to work.. then I put it in Standby till I get home.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-20-12 11:44 PM
    Bridge doesn't drains battery.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 05:44 AM
    Same here, bridged 24/7 and haven't noticed any more battery drain then before I started using bridge. Using the remote feature of bridge on the other hand, does cause a slighter larger then normal battery drain.
    03-21-12 06:42 AM
    IMO...the battery drainage with bridge and wifi on is within acceptable perimeters. My PlayBook is a BEAST
    rotorwrench and Willard814 like this.
    03-21-12 06:47 AM
    Please, please, it's obvious that BT (hence bridge) drains battery. Moreover if you have Wifi on as well. The PB can't last an entire day with those two on, and I'm not talking about you guys also working on the PB at the same time...
    I would love to see you're BG screenshot and an export of your daily use.
    03-21-12 06:47 AM
    Thank a lot guys for all your answers! I appreciate it
    03-21-12 07:46 AM
    Please, please, it's obvious that BT (hence bridge) drains battery. Moreover if you have Wifi on as well. The PB can't last an entire day with those two on, and I'm not talking about you guys also working on the PB at the same time...
    No one said it doesn't drain the battery. Did you READ the responses? It's not an abundance of drainage where as you can't make it through the day.....that's what I got from the posts
    Last edited by spencerdl; 03-21-12 at 08:48 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 08:23 AM
    I would like to know if the blackberry bridge drain a lot of battery and cut me from precious hours of work? Thank you crackberry.com!
    If your on wifi and have the bridge connected I don't think you would notice any difference by turning off bluetooth.

I have been doing some testing and turning of bluetooth alone did not change how much my PB drains overnight.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 08:38 AM
    Nope one said it doesn't drain the battery. Did you READ the responses? It's not an abundance of drainage where as you can't make it through the day.....that's what I got from the posts
    I read the responses. Have you read the other posts about battery life on this forum?
    If you have, I'm longing to see your BG graphs and reports.
    If you haven't, I'm longing to see your BG graphts and reports.
    Cuz I don't see how you can have TB+Wifi+Bridge+work all day and still have some battery at the end of the day.
    03-21-12 08:47 AM

my playbooks battery is fine with bridge. my problem is with my phones battery. thus, I just make sure I have a charger at home, in the office and in the car.

---------------------------

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook via Tapatalk
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 08:51 AM
    I read the responses. Have you read the other posts about battery life on this forum?
    If you have, I'm longing to see your BG graphs and reports.
    If you haven't, I'm longing to see your BG graphts and reports.
    Cuz I don't see how you can have TB+Wifi+Bridge+work all day and still have some battery at the end of the day.
    Ok, lets define "day" or "work day", if we're talking about a normal 8 hr work day of usage, then YES. If we're talking a 12 hr day of non stop, game playing, apps open, browsing, ect. Then no it will not.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 09:04 AM
    Yes it does effect battery life unless you do nothing with the pb. Using the pb for close to 40 minutes an hour while no wifi is around at 6am by 11 I better be plugging my phone in.

Edit: this is for my phone. The pb is at around 20% left at 2.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 03-21-12 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Phone
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-21-12 09:46 AM
    Ok, lets define "day" or "work day", if we're talking about a normal 8 hr work day of usage, then YES. If we're talking a 12 hr day of non stop, game playing, apps open, browsing, ect. Then no it will not.
    well I'm talking about 8 hours of BT+Wifi+Bridge+ browsing+some docs to read, and that seems too much for me. I can see my battery going from 100% to 90% in what... 30mins with only wifi on and browsing. And lots of users are reporting between 6-7 hours top of "normal" use.
    Read the posts here (and I know you have), people are saying "I run it a good 6-7 hrs with plenty of battery left." or "I have my phone and PB bridged most of the work day, as well as wifi on and have never run out of battery and I work it pretty hard on some days."
    Doesn't seem like "light" use that would keep the PB on for 12 hours.
    03-21-12 10:00 AM
    LeKeiser, the Bluetooth and WiFi and Bridge stuff uses so little in comparison to the screen itself that it shouldn't matter except with continuous heavy data transfer. It's the actual "screen on" time that matters for probably 95% of consumption.

Users who are reporting 6-7h with heavy use and piles of battery left to spare are almost certainly not talking about continuous use, with the screen on the entire time.

The only way you could achieve 12 hours of continuous screen-on use would be if you never consumed more than 1.5W. This is next to impossible under all conditions except if you have brightness turned to the minimum, operate in very dim lighting or a dark room, and probably run an app with a generally "dark" colour scheme...

I've got my PlayBook sitting here with just Battery Guru running, Keep Awake enabled, didn't launch anything else since reboot, brightness at 0%, and the light sensor covered with a pad of paper. It reads 1.52W... At 90% health, that works out to 11.83h of continuous run time if I were to just leave it sitting there all day long. Obviously that's not "real" use, so nobody can really manage that with the screen on all the time.

(That said, there's some evidence certain newer units have different hardware which could manage about 1.3W under the same conditions, so someone with one of those could conceivably get maybe an hour extra over what the rest of us manage, in the course of a nominally 8h stretch of continuous use.)
    03-21-12 10:30 AM
    Sorry to disappoint but we have eight at work that are on from 7:00/8:00 to 17:00/18:00 each and every day, with wifi and bridge on and I honestly don't recall a single one needing to go on charge during the day.

I'm not saying they are in actual use all day, but they average anywhere from one or two to four cummlative hours a day of various text, spreadsheet, pdf and document use. But also note that I have had days where mine was on wifi and bridge all workday, on standby and never touched, with 90+% battery still showing. Correspondingly, wifi and BT can't be draining that much, as long as you have good signals. Many others have posted the same experiences.

Take our word or not, I really don't care, but it's faulty reasoning to think that because you or some have a certain experience that all will have the same.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 03-21-12 at 10:42 AM.
    anon(3460513) and Spencerdl like this.
    03-21-12 10:38 AM
    Sorry to disappoint but we have eight at work that are on from 7:00/8:00 to 17:00/18:00 each and every day, with wifi and bridge on and I honestly don't recall a single one needing to go on charge during the day.
    sorry but what's the point of having wifi AND bridge on but no BT?
    or even bridge and wifi at the same time?

I'm not saying they are in actual use all day, but they average anywhere from one or two to four cummlative hours a day of various text, spreadsheet, pdf and document use. But also note that I have had days where mine was on wifi and bridge all workday, on standby and never touched, with 90+% battery still showing. Correspondingly, wifi and BT can't be draining that much, as long as you have good signals. Many others have posted the same experiences.
    10% drain with wifi and BT all day, in standby? I'm sure I can't achieve the same thing with my PB...

Take our word or not, I really don't care, but it's faulty reasoning to think that because you or some have a certain experience that all will have the same.
    seems that more users have a faster battery drain than you...
    I have set my screen backlight at the minimum, I use wifi or BT only when needed, I read a few websites, maybe listen to a few songs, and by midday, I have about 60% left (9am-12am)
    Last edited by LeKeiser; 03-21-12 at 11:27 AM.
    03-21-12 10:57 AM
    sorry but what's the poing of having wifi AND bridge on but no BT?

10% drain with wifi and BT all day, in standby? I'm sure I can't achieve the same thing with my PB...

I have set my screen backlight at the minimum, I use wifi or BT only when needed, I read a few websites, maybe listen to a few songs, and by midday, I have about 60% left (9am-12am)
    I don't see any reason to turn off just one connection. If I'm not using bridge for instance, leaving bluetooth on has no real impact on my battery life.

I lose about 1% per hour in standby with all connections on.

Instead of looking at percentage used in 3 hours try using it all day and see where you end up. That percentage might not be completely accurate.
    03-21-12 11:12 AM
    sorry but what's the poing of having wifi AND bridge on but no BT?

????? If bridge is active, BT is on. Who said no BT on?
    03-21-12 11:20 AM
    OK let me rephrase.....MY PLAYBOOK....battery drainage with bridge, and wifi (bluetooth obvious) on a normal day of usage last approx 8 hrs. The amount of battery drainage caused by "bluetooth connection" and wifi is minimal.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-21-12 11:27 AM
    sorry but what's the point of having wifi AND bridge on but no BT?

I just installed BG 40 min ago. Wifi, bridge (BT) and email, all active. I unplugged about 6:30 this morning, have about an hour or more of browsing, calendar entries and sync, email and document reading before downloading BG. As soon as I loaded, BG says I'm at 97%. Now in standby. We'll see what the end of the day brings. Hows that?
    03-21-12 11:29 AM
    ????? If bridge is active, BT is on. Who said no BT on?
    If I want to use bridge, then I activate BT, I turn off Wifi, because bridge will access my BB's email AND my other mail accounts (gmail for example)
    It I activate wifi, then I leave BT off, only my gmail account will be available. Anyway, since both are the same emails, I don't see the point of having both on at the same time
    03-21-12 11:30 AM
    If I want to use bridge, then I activate BT, I turn off Wifi, because bridge will access my BB's email AND my other mail accounts (gmail for example)
    It I activate wifi, then I leave BT off, only my gmail account will be available. Anyway, since both are the same emails, I don't see the point of having both on at the same time
    Sorry, misunderstood. I thought you were referencing my use. I'm bridged almost always for remote and email use, so BT is always on too. Wifi is for everything else.
    03-21-12 11:48 AM
    I just installed BG 40 min ago. Wifi, bridge (BT) and email, all active. I unplugged about 6:30 this morning, have about an hour or more of browsing, calendar entries and sync, email and document reading before downloading BG. As soon as I loaded, BG says I'm at 97%. Now in standby. We'll see what the end of the day brings. Hows that?
    with no BT or wifi on, after an hour of use, my battery is way less than 97%, that's for sure.
    03-21-12 11:58 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD