I seem to be having trouble getting the "open on playbook" bit to work. I tried it with a picture, but it didn't open on the playbook.
    Mine won't do this either also can't figure out pinch zooming on mousepad?
    02-21-12 01:03 AM
    It may all be moot if these shortcuts function differently on the 2.0 browser.
    ...it cant be...

I dont think it would be, that would be a bad move for RIM I think, making their biggest followers get used to it one way only for it to be different the following morning....
    02-21-12 01:03 AM
    This looks great. I do not have a PlayBook, but I realized you would have to pair it to a PlayBook first before you can use the remote on other devices I wish you did not have to pair it first.
    02-21-12 01:06 AM

Open on PlayBook
    This feature lets you open media files and links from your BlackBerry Smartphone to your PlayBook.
    (so far only weblinks seem to be working, either from an email, click menu, then open on menu, or from the BB browser go to menu and do the same to open the page you are at on the PB)
    It is probably because I am running 2.0 Beta, but Open On Playbook is fully functional for me.

I can use it to open links, open Emails, open photos, etc.
    02-21-12 01:07 AM
    ANOTHER USEFUL SHORTCUT:

Double tab the "Menu Key" (blackberry logo key) to simulate swiping down from the bezel minimizing the current app and displaying the home screen.
    pixieloulou likes this.
    02-21-12 01:08 AM
    This looks great. I do not have a PlayBook, but I realized you would have to pair it to a PlayBook first before you can use the remote on other devices I wish you did not have to pair it first.
    I don't think you will have to. We will see as the apps use progresses.
    02-21-12 01:14 AM
    Double click to zoom in/out

Double click and Hold then scroll or flick to scroll around (works on homescreen, browser, in pictures, etc)
    02-21-12 01:16 AM
    Im in love with the new bridge app n its soooo cool n awesome features <3 BB
    02-21-12 01:22 AM
    I notice when typing password on the phone it shows the *** On the playbook But on the phone it shows the password
    02-21-12 01:27 AM
    That does not seem to be working for my 9650 (os5)
    It doesn't work for me either, bold 9700 bb5.whatever. Maybe the phone's os?

I don't want to upgrade to bb7 because a friend of mine did, it takes a huge amount of memory for older hardware & it caused him to lose all his msg history shortly after upgrading (& it didn't keep his sounds & other settings). I realize this is a little off-topic, but in case some people are tempted to update their phone's os, in light of all this new blackberry software flying around... I've got old hardware, soon due for replacement, so at this point I'm thinking I'll hold out for a bb10 phone & be sure my hardware's up to the task (I'm tempted to commit now to a 9900, but waiting 6 months might mean a better-featured phone than even a 9900, I'm thinking).

Btw, I don't have an Hdmi cable yet (I really don't know why), but I surfed to this page & typed this post entirely on my phone, using the bb's wifi browser- VERY cool.
    02-21-12 01:45 AM
    How are you guys using the on screen bezel on your touch screen BB's?

I have a 9900 and find my self having to swipe several times before it registers as a bezel interaction.
    02-21-12 01:53 AM

I have a 9900 and find my self having to swipe several times before it registers as a bezel interaction.
    its perfect on my 9810.
    02-21-12 01:54 AM
    I can't seem to scroll with my BB Pearl 9105. I'm assuming the Alt button is the one that changes my input From lower case to capitals and to predictive text? Has anyone managed to get the scrolling to work with a Pearl or know how to do it?
    02-21-12 01:54 AM
    how do you close windows using the swipe up gesture ? can't figure it out :-/
    02-21-12 01:57 AM
    I can't seem to scroll with my BB Pearl 9105. I'm assuming the Alt button is the one that changes my input From lower case to capitals and to predictive text? Has anyone managed to get the scrolling to work with a Pearl or know how to do it?
    should be the bottom left button on the pearl in the attached image
    02-21-12 01:58 AM

Same as Jeovex above, I am using a 9810 and bezel swipes work perfect. Up, Down, Left, Right, all work first try.
    02-21-12 01:59 AM
    OMFG! It's 3:00 in the morning and I havent even checked for the 2.0 update. I'm too busy typing away on my 9650 connected to my HP Win 7 laptop. I can switch between the laptop and my Playbook really easily. So I could hook both up to my TV via hdmi and use them both. All I need to figure out now is how to get my Bold to change input sources on my TV.

This is a freakin' blast! With spellcheck and all!
    how do you close windows using the swipe up gesture ? can't figure it out :-/
    double tap the "minimized" app and hold the second tap, then swipe up
    DocDRM likes this.
    I've got a question, I saw some people were having trouble accessing their bridge files- mine work fine (with os1 on the pb), except I can't scroll down through the folders on my phone's media card, or scroll through the list of photos(for example) on the bridge files "browser". I haven't got a touch screen (bold 9700), alt+trackpad to scroll isn't working in that app. I read through posts, hope I didn't miss a post about this, but if I didn't, anyone have any suggestions?
    02-21-12 02:01 AM
    ah just figured it out, to swipe up and close you need to hover over the open window for a second before swiping up... nice
    02-21-12 02:01 AM
    I've got a question, I saw some people were having trouble accessing their bridge files- mine work fine (with os1 on the pb), except I can't scroll down through the folders on my phone's media card, or scroll through the list of photos(for example) on the bridge files "browser". I haven't got a touch screen (bold 9700), alt+trackpad to scroll isn't working in that app. I read through posts, hope I didn't miss a post about this, but if I didn't, anyone have any suggestions?
    There are two options:

1-move the cursor to the bottom of the list and click+hold the trackpad then swipe

2-while the cursor is NOT on a folder, double click+hold and swipe
    dan-o-mite and DocDRM like this.
    02-21-12 02:06 AM
    OMFG! It's 3:00 in the morning and I havent even checked for the 2.0 update. I'm too busy typing away on my 9650 connected to my HP Win 7 laptop. I can switch between the laptop and my Playbook really easily. So I could hook both up to my TV via hdmi and use them both. All I need to figure out now is how to get my Bold to change input sources on my TV.

This is a freakin' blast! With spellcheck and all!
    I just checked. Not yet.
    dampap likes this.
    02-21-12 02:07 AM
    I can't seem to use the blackberry keyboard to type emails displayed on the pb ? is that correct?
    02-21-12 02:11 AM
    I can't seem to use the blackberry keyboard to type emails displayed on the pb ? is that correct?
    you type and nothing happens or you have no keyboard displayed?
    02-21-12 02:13 AM
    There are two options:

1-move the cursor to the bottom of the list and click+hold the trackpad then swipe

2-while the cursor is NOT on a folder, double click+hold and swipe

Thanks very much!
    It's a little tricky holding the trackpad down + swiping, but I'm sure I'll get a lot of practice . It's not like I even need to see any files on my phone at this very moment, but I may review them all just because!
    02-21-12 02:14 AM
118 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD