(I will keep updating this post.) So lets make a list of the BlackBerry Bridge 2.0 shortcuts

I'm just going to make a list of the ones I know and others can post the ones missing so ill edit this original post to make a complete list.

RIM has made a great move by giving many options for the bridge app to be used by both newer and older devices with both touch and non touch interfaces.

Getting the App
    Before we begin, remember to update to BlackBerry Bridge 2.0 in App world, if you didn't yet or it doesn't show up try this:
    -Open App world, go to "My World" then press the menu button, and select "Refresh". It should now show

BTW
    -Blackberry Remote works with other devices than just the BlackBerry PlayBook
    --How to connect to PS3
    --How to use Bridge Remote without a PlayBook

Settings (Click the menu button while in remote app, then select "Settings")
    -You can choose scrolling speed and tracking speed for both the Trackpad and the Touchscreen in the Settings menu.
    -You can select to "Always use the trackpad as mouse"
    -You can select to "Always use the touchscreen as mouse"
    -You can select "Enable Drag-Lock support" (more on that lower)
    -You can select to lock the orientation of the Remote App (for devices with more than one orientation)

A few tricks that work in various places in the app
    -Alt+click/tap brings up the right click menu in the PlayBook Browser

-Double tab the "Menu Key" (blackberry logo key) to simulate swiping down from the bezel minimizing the current app and displaying the home screen.

-Double click to zoom in/out

-To swipe between items in a list:
    --Double tap/click
    ---on the touchscreen simply double tab (+hold) and swipe
    ---on the Trackpad, double click(+hold) and swipe. (This is a bit difficult to do i the Browser bookmarks)
    --Another way is to hold the tap(or click) for 2 seconds (in apps usually until the "scroll bar" appears) and swipe and it will swipe normally like on the PlayBook. (this will work with"docked" apps on the home screen and browse through the ones on the bottom tray, bookmarks in browser, etc.)
    --You can also use the Alt+trackpad/touchscreen to browse your app icons in your apps from the homepage.
    -Touch and hold the screen for a few seconds to activate "Drag-lock" mode
    --Its good for switching between apps at the homepage and browsing through your apps on the bottom tray.

-Spell checking has been reported to work on the PlayBook now from the BBs

-In Password fields on websites, on the PlayBook we will view *** while on the BlackBerry you will view the text.

Touchscreen
    -touch to use as mouse and tap to select
    -swipe from one of the "on screen bezels" to perform a bezel swipe on the PB (Diagonal Bezel swipes work as well)
    -use two fingers to scroll down or up
    -Alt + "Left shift" to initiate one finger scroll lock
    -* At the home screen, use the bezel left and right swipes to switch between "docked" apps.
    --Now (with PB OS 2.0), you can move the cursor to bezels and just tap in order to perform a swipe
    -(So far no pinch to zoom I'm afraid )

Trackpad
    -move around as mouse and click to select
    - * Alt+ trackpad movement for scrolling
    - * Alt + "Left shift" to initiate Trackpad scroll lock
    - * Alt+ click the cursor at top of screen = downwards bezel swipe
    - * Alt+ click the cursor at bottom of screen = upwards bezel swipe
    - * Alt+ click the cursor at top left corner = open top status bar and notifications
    - * Alt+ click the cursor in bottom left corner = show on screen PlayBook keyboard
    ----Now (with PB OS 2.0), you can move the cursor to bezels and just click in order to perform a swipe (no need to press Alt)----

Presentation Mode
    (Find presentation mode in the menu once in remote control app)
    -Use the arrows on the touch screen to change slides both forward and backwards.
    --You can also use the Trackpad to select forward and backwards buttons onscreen.
    --The volume buttons can also be used to change back and forth between slides.
    -(Sorry but this one doesn't work anymore) Use it for viewing images on playbook but only in one direction.

Open on PlayBook
    (This feature lets you open media files and links from your BlackBerry Smartphone to your PlayBook.)

-Open weblinks, either from an email, click menu, then "open on playbook", or from the BB browser go to menu and do the same to open the page you are at on the PB

-Open on PlayBook now works with images in PB OS 2.0
    Last edited by Jeovex; 02-22-12 at 03:18 PM.
    02-20-12 09:06 PM
    In the browser at least---outside of any input field---if you enter Text Mode (eg by pressing any letter key or the space bar), you can scroll the page up and down using the trackpad. This scrolling is slower than the mode you get by alt-shift.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 02-20-12 at 09:31 PM.
    torches, vhorst and djmm2 like this.
    02-20-12 09:26 PM
    nice work. keep it going!
    02-20-12 09:40 PM
    you can also use presentation mode for scrolling thru your pics but it only works in one direction
    02-20-12 09:41 PM
    Thanks, this remote control feature is so satisfying to use, can't wait to show it off!
    02-20-12 09:47 PM
    so ive added new ones and @dugggggg could you be more specific?
    02-20-12 09:51 PM
    i see you see digged out many functions already. goodjob.
    02-20-12 09:52 PM
    i see you see digged out many functions already. goodjob.
    Off topic - byul, do you ever sleep? You are either up very late or very early? Or you use a Star Trek transporter to go from Europe to Asia and back!
    02-20-12 10:44 PM
    I'm beginning to think there are at least 3 byul's working different shifts. As a matter of fact if you could look at 3 different threads he's posting in all 3 at the same time! Must be nice to have a clone or two! Haha!
    02-20-12 10:48 PM
    Off topic - byul, do you ever sleep? You are either up very late or very early? Or you use a Star Trek transporter to go from Europe to Asia and back!
    hahah i'm kinda nocturnal all my nights are very long! i'm playing with my playbook and phone now so much fun fun!
    well i'm sitting behind my tv lcd screen paired with my pb like :eek.. so bad.
    i should throw them out of my window, i should beam up myself to the slumb partehh!*inserts bbm dance emoticon*
    02-20-12 10:55 PM
    it looks like 2 finger scrolling works on touch screen bbs. Put down 2 fingers and it will scroll instead of using the mouse.
    02-20-12 11:03 PM
    I don't think i'll ever use the 2 finger scrolling, holding the alt key feels much more responsive and comfortable.
    02-20-12 11:09 PM
    I don't think i'll ever use the 2 finger scrolling, holding the alt key feels much more responsive and comfortable.
    so true, the two finger scroll makes me change hand position lol

any other shortcuts i missed?
    02-20-12 11:10 PM
    so ive added new ones and @dugggggg could you be more specific?
    You're in the browser reading a web page on the PB. Configure Bridge Settings on the BB so that "Always use trackpad as mouse" is UNchecked. Sometimes it is first necessary to tap the BB trackpad on some blank part of the page. Now press the BB's space bar (or actually any letter key). This puts you in "Text Mode" (except you're not really entering any text). Now you can then use the trackpad to slowly scroll the page up and down. Press Escape when done scrolling. IMHO easier than alt-shift---just alternate tapping between space / escape to scroll / mouse.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 02-21-12 at 10:25 AM.
    02-20-12 11:21 PM
    You're in the browser reading a web page on the PB. If you simply press the BB's space bar (or actually any letter key) this puts you in "Text Mode" (except you're not really entering any text). Now you can then use the BB's trackpad to slowly scroll the page up and down. Press Escape when done scrolling. IMHO easier than alt-shift.
    That does not seem to be working for my 9650 (os5)
    brucebaby likes this.
    02-20-12 11:51 PM
    we can also scroll to the top or bottom of a page much faster now. If you hold alt and swipe up or down quickly on the trackpad it will take you to the top or bottom of the page. Very handy as it was always annoying to have to slowly scroll to the top again when reading an article and wanting to visit a different url.
    02-20-12 11:59 PM
    That does not seem to be working for my 9650 (os5)
    I see what you mean! I edited the directions in my last post a bit. Please see if it works now.
    02-21-12 12:24 AM
    I see what you mean! I edited the directions in my last post a bit. Please see if it works now.
    I've tried it again and stil can't seem to do it???
    02-21-12 12:37 AM
    I seem to be having trouble getting the "open on playbook" bit to work. I tried it with a picture, but it didn't open on the playbook.

Edit - As Jeovex said below, oS2.0 took care of my problem. It works fine now.
    Last edited by TerribleTim68; 02-21-12 at 10:27 AM.
    02-21-12 12:37 AM
    I seem to be having trouble getting the "open on playbook" bit to work. I tried it with a picture, but it didn't open on the playbook.
    yea sorry edited my post, seems only the weblinks are working for now.
    OS2 for PlayBook should fix that.

Only a few hours more....
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    02-21-12 12:40 AM
    we can also scroll to the top or bottom of a page much faster now. If you hold alt and swipe up or down quickly on the trackpad it will take you to the top or bottom of the page. Very handy as it was always annoying to have to slowly scroll to the top again when reading an article and wanting to visit a different url.
    Hopefully the new 2.0 browser will have the standard BB "t" and "b" shortcuts so that one can quickly go directly to the top or bottom of a web page---as well as the "g" shortcut for directly entering a new URL.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 02-21-12 at 12:42 AM.
    02-21-12 12:40 AM
    going to edit the post, you can choose scrolling speed and tracking speed in settings
    02-21-12 12:41 AM
    I might still be doing something wrong. When I am less tired .....
    02-21-12 12:48 AM
    I've tried it again and stil can't seem to do it???
    It may all be moot if these shortcuts function differently on the 2.0 browser.
    02-21-12 12:50 AM
    Did anyone mention the shortcut for spell check and correction? In this post I misspelled a word, then put the cursor on the word and hit the touchpad, your choices drop down with the misspelled word in red. I also cut and pasted this post from my 9930!

So many new features! I hope the naysayers are eating their hearts out. This is so cool!
    glassofpinot likes this.
    02-21-12 01:03 AM
118 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD