i was reading that some of you bb + playbook owners gotta pay for tethering ? why ? "blackberry bridge" means using the data from your phone correct ?? so why do i have to get a tether plan?

i gotta 9700 tmobile and this week i been using it at least 4hrs a day (bb + playbook)

can anyone clarify this for me ?

my blacberry plan is 76$ month 1000 min, 1000 text unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited data.

i have use the "blackberry bridge" before but i never got any extra charges on my bill, but im kinda worried now that im pretty much using it 3 to 4 hrs a day.

dont wanna get a surprise on my bill.

thanks in advance guys.
    01-05-12 09:07 AM
    You are exactly right... you will NOT be charged for using Blackberry Bridge. The Bridge application uses bluetooth to connect to your Blackberry device. You are using your unlimited data plan when you use the Bridge application. Tethering is a completely different scenario. I use my Verizon BB 9930 and 32G Playbook all the time through Blackberry bridge and never had a worry about being charged... I have unlimited data as well. I hope that this helps !!!
    01-05-12 09:28 AM
    Don't worry about it. I've got the same combo on T-Mo and never see an add'l charge. I don't get charged for tetherijg to my PC either.
    01-05-12 09:41 AM
    lol. unlimited data. Must be nice !
    01-05-12 09:47 AM
    Apparently some (mainly US) cell phone networks have blocked, or charge, for using Blackberry Bridge (or tethering) the Playbook to the phone.
    It's just another way for them to get more money/screw over the customers

Si.
    01-05-12 09:48 AM
    You are exactly right... you will NOT be charged for using Blackberry Bridge. The Bridge application uses bluetooth to connect to your Blackberry device. You are using your unlimited data plan when you use the Bridge application. Tethering is a completely different scenario. I use my Verizon BB 9930 and 32G Playbook all the time through Blackberry bridge and never had a worry about being charged... I have unlimited data as well. I hope that this helps !!!
    it helps alot now im even more happier with my playbook/ bb smartphone thank you!!
    01-05-12 10:25 AM
    Don't worry about it. I've got the same combo on T-Mo and never see an add'l charge. I don't get charged for tetherijg to my PC either.
    nice!! im assuming your in the us right ?
    01-05-12 10:28 AM
    lol. unlimited data. Must be nice !
    i been having this plan for about 2 years now they offering you 2 gb up to 5gb for 39.99 no more unlimited tho
    01-05-12 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD