So, in the latest CrackBerry feature on BlackBerry Blend there was no mention of the PlayBook in the documentation notes... Does that mean the PlayBook will not be Blend Supported? Even though Blend was originally seen on the PlayBook!!

For many in the PlayBook community no blend PlayBook App would mean a final betrayal to their beloved BlackBerry PlayBook. I don't need to list all the Problems PlayBook owners have had with BlackBerry but no BB10 (after a promise) and apparent end to OS updates are among them.

We keep hearing they are focusing on phones and that's great, most PlayBook owners have those to, but as I have said before the same brand Phone/Tablet setup is what's desired, so no Blend on PlayBook could well drive many away from the BlackBerry Brand altogether.

Come on BlackBerry would it hurt so much to give the PlayBook owners something to keep the device they love relevant and usable for a bit longer until a successor BlackBerry tablet arrives!! ?

Don't want to take away all hope of BlackBerry Blend for the PlayBook. Just maybe the lack of a PlayBook mention in the Blend documentation is that the PlayBook is a 'given' for the Blend App and will even appear first...you never know...but the truth is out there somewhere!!

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-24-14 06:08 AM
    Doesn't sound like the PB will be getting Blend. SO sad, right? way to push the PB right over the edge to oblivion!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-24-14 08:23 AM
    The bit that puzzles me is that surely the means for the end device to use it is just an app rather than a system update.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:30 AM
    You never quit, do you?

pin:2B7CAF06
    kbz1960 and sk8er_tor like this.
    08-24-14 08:32 AM
    For many in the PlayBook community no blend PlayBook App would mean a final betrayal to their beloved BlackBerry PlayBook.
    You mean there are still some Playbook users who are expecting further support? Is a "Final Betrayal" still really needed? BlackBerry is done with the Playbook, and we have been made aware of that a long time ago already. Anything more would simply be an unexpected but pleasant surprise.
    kbz1960, sk8er_tor and immitchell like this.
    08-24-14 08:36 AM
    You mean there are still some Playbook users who are expecting further support? Is a "Final Betrayal" still really needed? BlackBerry is done with the Playbook, and we have been made aware of that a long time ago already. Anything more would simply be a pleasant surprise.
    Sad but true. Too bad there aren't any BlackBerry developers will to use they're time at BlackBerry to throw us PlayBook die hards a little unofficial love and develop some tools such am native BBM and the latest blend apps for us. Older android OS even got BBM!

Ahh, to keep hope alive with no reason in sight is so hard to do.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    08-24-14 08:41 AM
    I have made the decision to not get another tablet, since the support for the PB seems to be over. I really still love the PlayBook. I really am one of those few who is actually holding out for a BlackBerry tablet, or some update to the PlayBook.

Sent from Z10 waiting......

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    08-25-14 05:38 AM
    Doesn't sound like the PB will be getting Blend. SO sad, right? way to push the PB right over the edge to oblivion!
    Congrats on the big 61K!!!!!

c
    08-25-14 02:58 PM
    I have made the decision to not get another tablet, since the support for the PB seems to be over. I really still love the PlayBook. I really am one of those few who is actually holding out for a BlackBerry tablet, or some update to the PlayBook.

Sent from Z10 waiting......

Posted via CB10
    You are not alone. I figured my playbooks will last me a few more years. Who knows?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-25-14 06:08 PM
    I think I remember Chen saying that BlackBerry will eventually go back to the PlayBook if all goes well. He also said that that won't be for quiet a while because BlackBerry has more things to worry about than the PlayBook at this point.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:52 PM
    Looks like Blend will be available on the PlayBook after all!! With the release of 10.3 OS.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    08-26-14 02:46 PM
    Awesome!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:54 PM
    I'll believe it when I download it...

however, if they give us this, I will almost totally forgive them for straight up bitchslapping us for bb10 os....
    08-27-14 04:56 PM
    What is the big difference between Blend & what we already have with Bridge? I mean to the point people are proclaiming 'final betrayal' and what not?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:02 PM
    Looks like Blend will be available on the PlayBook after all!! With the release of 10.3 OS.

Where did you get that "news" from? Do you have a source or a link?

This would be awesome but don't get me wrong if I am sceptical until I see a download link as I have had so many disappointments when it comes to the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:08 PM
    Yes, the PlayBook IS supposed to get Blend.

It was also "supposed" to get BB10 so I'm not absolutely convinced it will work like this, but my understanding is that, yes, it's coming.
    08-27-14 07:23 PM
    I hope you're right!

Yes, the PlayBook IS supposed to get Blend.

It was also "supposed" to get BB10 so I'm not absolutely convinced it will work like this, but my understanding is that, yes, it's coming.
    Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    08-27-14 11:19 PM
    I hope you're right!

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    This was from bbm channels:

Of the devices supported there is the BlackBerry PlayBook, Android tablets, iPads and of course, desktops.

Default applications are BBM, SMS, Email, Contacts, Calendar, and of course, the Hub - and as stated before, the API will eventually support third-party developers at BlackBerry's approval.

More Blend details should emerge this week - stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    08-28-14 02:23 AM
    This was from bbm channels:

Of the devices supported there is the BlackBerry PlayBook, Android tablets, iPads and of course, desktops.

Default applications are BBM, SMS, Email, Contacts, Calendar, and of course, the Hub - and as stated before, the API will eventually support third-party developers at BlackBerry's approval.

More Blend details should emerge this week - stay tuned.

Posted via CB10
    Together with this and all the evidence so far points to the PlayBook getting Blend with the release of OS 10.3 . Hopefully also before Ipads and Android!

Ragbert and schwede like this.
    08-28-14 06:38 AM
    Is it confirmed that there is or is not going to be blend on the playbook?

Contradictions abound with a google search.
    10-20-14 02:03 PM
    I believe it won't even though I hope it will

Posted via CB10 | STL100-2 | Waiting for the mighty Squircle to return.
    10-21-14 11:24 AM
    I think I remember Chen saying that BlackBerry will eventually go back to the PlayBook if all goes well. He also said that that won't be for quiet a while because BlackBerry has more things to worry about than the PlayBook at this point.

Posted via CB10
    im betting you dreamt that
    10-25-14 08:19 PM
    Help me out here its blackberry blend for tablets , basically a connect between a phone and the tablet/pc? And correct if I'm not wrong aren't all the features included in blackberry blend already in blackberry bridge? As far as I can tell bridge vs blend equals nothing new except being open to other devices beside blackberry playbook. And anyways why would the playbook need to be included the device is no longer in production/abandoned?

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    10-26-14 10:31 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=1076157

Mr. Chen is talking tablets again. In a very recent article, expect to see one in 2015. They are also going ahead with a slider phone too....yet, there will be a tablet from BlackBerry. :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 03:32 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=1076157

Mr. Chen is talking tablets again. In a very recent article, expect to see one in 2015. They are also going ahead with a slider phone too....yet, there will be a tablet from BlackBerry. :-)

Posted via CB10
    I will definitely buy a new Blackberry tablet before ANY other. I would be ecstatic to see BB10 on a new Blackberry tablet soon!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 11:46 PM
34 12