hi everyone,
    finally jumped on the playbook. os is good but i got 1 issue though; no application world support for the country am working in: cambodia. i live in the US and bought said playbook there, yet when i get here, no way i can update my apps! i got a dell streak and has no problem updating through the android market place.
    07-14-11 03:17 PM
    I guess it should work over wifi, i know that app world doesn't work in some countries through BIS. but as PB is using wifi, it will work.
    and also incase u can't use app world , u can still get the apps through ur browser.
    07-14-11 03:42 PM
    I guess it should work over wifi, i know that app world doesn't work in some countries through BIS. but as PB is using wifi, it will work.
    and also incase u can't use app world , u can still get the apps through ur browser.
    No it won't work. Because from WiFi connection (IP ADDRESS), RIM could know which country you were accessing. The only way was to install apps through sideload method.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/
    Or if you prefer the hard ways, try to use Proxy. I always use some from here Proxy List - Best working proxies here (Use one which is from the country with App World support) But not all of them work though

Hope this help, and enjoy your PlayBook
    edh2860 likes this.
    07-14-11 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD