Okay, so earlier this week I just wanted to demonstrate that I can remotely wipe a PlayBook from the Outlook Web App (OWA) and while the remote wipe worked well it was probably a mistake.

When I tried to set up the device again the videochat app didn't re-appear (also some other stock apps didn't).
    I've tried it again and again in three different network environments, but I always got OS 2.1.0.1917 without videochat.
    I then actually repeated the procedure with another PlayBook and got the same results.

So, my tip for those who still enjoy their PlayBooks: Don't wipe it, if you want to keep the videochat.

Another issue that just started this week is that BBM Protected on my phone is no longer compatible with PlayBook videochats.
    If I hit a green PlayBook icon in any of my contacts (not the BBM Video icon), the connection gets interrupted with a prompt that I maybe have to create a new passphrase for my contact... however, I actually did that, but it didn't solve the problem.
    I still can't call people on their PlayBooks and still get the same prompt.
    I can however receive video calls on my phone from PlayBooks. In this case a very tiny red lock symbol is displayed on top of the screen.

Now, what's that nonsense all about?
    Videochats have never been encrypted anyways, screen sharing was never possible either, and even without authentication I can see who is talking to me.

Well, I think I understand their message though.
    It says "go buy an iPad and use Zoom or Skype "...sigh
    12-11-15 09:40 AM
    That has been for a while now. We have to reinstall the bar file. There are instructions on the internet and the bar file itself.
    12-11-15 09:44 AM