View Poll Results: Will BlackBerry 10 be your next upgrade?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    200 91.74%
  • No!

    18 8.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
Like Tree56Likes
  1. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BlackBerry® 10 - Are you convinced?

    So the good news is that the PlayBook is gonna be completely overhauled upon the release of BlackBerry 10! Not so great news for current OS7 users but 200 dedicated OS7 staff should cover that post BlackBerry 10 launch..

    However, we got to see a lot of stuff relating to BB10 and many sneak peaks into what can be expected on this very new and intuitive BB10 platform. Some key points over the weeks..

    1.) BB10 will be fast, intuitive and easy to operate with focus on one-hand operations.
    2.) New features showcased such as Scalado Camera with live-timeline, Always-on Messages, Widgets/Windows tiles, Predictive keyboard, etc.
    3.) Bezel/Gesture based BB10 with advanced and in-app gestures
    4.) Developers are beginning to understand the platform and harness the potential. A good example would be Accuweather with live weather background, uniform app design based on BB10 OS and super-fast loading. Expect all native apps to perform extremely fast and have swell graphic animations.

    This is just the beginning of a long journey.. I can't wait to get my hands on a BB10 device and be the first to switch.. Are you convinced?
    Thanked by:
    bbfan1040 (05-09-2012) 
  2. jafobabe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    22,319 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,403 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"
    #2  

    Default

    I did vote yes. I am sticking with the BB Brand for as long as I can and will upgrade.

    As I do like the specs for the BB10, I am concerned with the battery usage (per day) with all that stuff that will be running in the background.

    May have to wait till they install the 'next generation' batteries that recharge themselves.
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
  3. gadgetjunkie89's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Poll would be better with a third, in-between option, for us people sitting on the fence.

    I currently own an Android device.

    I need to wait for the BB10 devices to come out for a while anyway - my next upgrade will be in about 11 months - and for normal, everyday people like myself to be the guinea pigs to tell me if the BB10 devices satisfy the needs I want in a smartphone. I need more app selection (which will come in 11 months, I'm sure, and as more developers port their apps from Android/iOS). I need a free GPS service (love my Google Maps and wouldn't do without it or an equivalent). I like that you said widgets are coming because I love my widgets. I LOVE the multitasking capabilities of my Playbook and can't wait to see it get better with BB10. The icing on the cake would be the seamless integration with my favorite tablet (and free tethering via bridge!).

    I'm presently giving myself a a 50% chance of upgrading to a BB10 device, 40% chance of upgrading to another Android, and 10% chance of upgrading to Apple (provided they come out with something *spectacular* with iPhone 5/ios 6 that blows my mind).
    It's not that I have ADD... it's just that I'm really good at multi-focusing...
    jivegirl14 likes this.
  4. TRlPPlN's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    399 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    as a user, follower and supporter since 2000 i was never unconvinced in the first place... yeah love is blind..
    Last edited by TRlPPlN; 05-09-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    Patiently waited for BB10. Now sporting AT&T Z10
    Thanked by 2:
    BBplaybookJS (05-09-2012) 
  5. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,955 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,961 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jafobabe View Post
    I did vote yes. I am sticking with the BB Brand for as long as I can and will upgrade.

    As I do like the specs for the BB10, I am concerned with the battery usage (per day) with all that stuff that will be running in the background.

    May have to wait till they install the 'next generation' batteries that recharge themselves.
    I read in one of our trade ezines about QNX in aircraft system controls being more power efficient than the alternative systems once considered. I'll try and find it. I prefer to back up my statements with the source. If it carries over to BB10 devices it may be that they could have adequate to phenomenal battery life.
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
  6. jafobabe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    22,319 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,403 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
    I read in one of our trade ezines about QNX in aircraft system controls being more power efficient than the alternative systems once considered. I'll try and find it. I prefer to back up my statements with the source. If it carries over to BB10 devices it may be that they could have adequate to phenomenal battery life.
    Cool!
    I know I read somewhere on this site about Rimm looking into those batteries that can charge themselves, or buying the company that has those, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

    Would be great though..
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
    rotorwrench likes this.
  7. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jafobabe View Post
    Cool!
    I know I read somewhere on this site about Rimm looking into those batteries that can charge themselves, or buying the company that has those, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

    Would be great though..
    Also, Crackberry article about RIM Fuel cell battery patent.. http://crackberry.com/rim-gets-award...-mobile-device
    Last edited by varunsain; 05-09-2012 at 01:46 AM.
  8. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
    I read in one of our trade ezines about QNX in aircraft system controls being more power efficient than the alternative systems once considered. I'll try and find it. I prefer to back up my statements with the source. If it carries over to BB10 devices it may be that they could have adequate to phenomenal battery life.
    Maybe because process handling in QNX is different than Mobile OS.. I don't have much info on this.. but processes and battery have a direct relation..
  9. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Multi-Focus View Post
    Poll would be better with a third, in-between option, for us people sitting on the fence.

    I currently own an Android device.

    I'm presently giving myself a a 50% chance of upgrading to a BB10 device, 40% chance of upgrading to another Android, and 10% chance of upgrading to Apple (provided they come out with something *spectacular* with iPhone 5/ios 6 that blows my mind).
    Poll is biased towards BB Loyalists.. Imo if RIM cannot convince a BB user first, then it's difficult to attract another market..
  10. alnamvet68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,213 Posts
    PIN
    2AA6XXXX
    #10  

    Default

    I'm convinced. Who wants to buy my 2 iPhone 4's?
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier


    Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

    We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
  11. jafobabe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    22,319 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,403 Global Posts
    PIN
    "Runs with Scissors"
    #11  

    Default

    Here ya go Al....

    http://forums.crackberry.com/marketplace-f14/

    My work is done here for the night.. I feel zzzzzzz's coming on... ta ta !
    (BBM # 5)
    CB 5K 50K,100K 500K Challenge Thread
  12. G-bone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    378 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    I'm not sitting on any fences :I am fully committed to BBX! I've been researching this thing for a year now.
    I have always loved a lot of things about the BlackBerry Experience. Then the rest of the world moved on. I did too. But I asked myself : why didn't RIM?
    So, I looked into it and discovered why. I realized who my first love was. I realized that no one could ever be to me what she had been. No one else had that certain je ne c 'est quoi.
    I found out that if I was faithful to her, she would come back to me, more beautiful, more intelligent, more beguiling than ever before.
    So, I have come home. I await my love, and will not be swayed.
    She has been beaten. She has been battered. But she will rise again, like a Phoenix from the ashes.
    I await, secure in the knowledge of her majesty and beauty.
    BlackBerry -
    We invented the Smartphone Business...
    We're takin' it back!
    TRlPPlN, malcerie, PTZ and 2 others like this.
  13. alnamvet68's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,213 Posts
    PIN
    2AA6XXXX
    #13  

    Default

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Bonafide Shakespearian sonnet master we got here.
    If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher...if it's in English, Thank a Soldier


    Support: www.woundedwarriorproject.org

    We etch these names in granite to stand against time so we and our children can learn and remember.
    BB10FTW and G-bone like this.
  14. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    lol.. that's some scary love.. but great on the support!
    G-bone likes this.
  15. Majestic Lion's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    582 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Convinced, no. Encouraged, yes.
  16. TheScionicMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    8,722 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    I voted YES, but I'd buy a 9900 this week if T-Mo would offer me a decent price on it... Still $350? Really??
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
  17. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    You can also think about the Bold 9790.. Might save you some $$ for a later upgrade to BB10.. thx for voting
  18. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

    Default

    Anyone care to explain why they not convinced or worried about being eaten alive if you did so??

    Don't worry.. I'll report all the junk in here.. Let's keep this clean and justified..
  19. madman0141's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,777 Posts
    PIN
    666
    #19  

    Default

    Convinced not in the least based on previous track record but I will stay with RIM because in the end it's a phone. All phones have issues so why leave?
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
  20. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

    Default

    All phones do have issues..

    Madman0141 this time around there definitely is a change in RIM approach..
  21. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varunsain View Post
    Also, Crackberry article about RIM Fuel cell battery patent.. http://crackberry.com/rim-gets-award...-mobile-device
    Some more stuff on Fuel Cell to go along with RIM's Patent.. Hope we could see some stuff like this to launch with BB10

    Brookstone fuel cell USB charger to keep phones powered for two weeks, Engadget editors happy -- Engadget
  22. kb5zht's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,896 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varunsain View Post
    So the good news is that the PlayBook is gonna be completely overhauled upon the release of BlackBerry 10! Not so great news for current OS7 users but 200 dedicated OS7 staff should cover that post BlackBerry 10 launch..

    However, we got to see a lot of stuff relating to BB10 and many sneak peaks into what can be expected on this very new and intuitive BB10 platform. Some key points over the weeks..

    1.) BB10 will be fast, intuitive and easy to operate with focus on one-hand operations.
    2.) New features showcased such as Scalado Camera with live-timeline, Always-on Messages, Widgets/Windows tiles, Predictive keyboard, etc.
    3.) Bezel/Gesture based BB10 with advanced and in-app gestures
    4.) Developers are beginning to understand the platform and harness the potential. A good example would be Accuweather with live weather background, uniform app design based on BB10 OS and super-fast loading. Expect all native apps to perform extremely fast and have swell graphic animations.

    This is just the beginning of a long journey.. I can't wait to get my hands on a BB10 device and be the first to switch.. Are you convinced?
    Well.... Actually the qnx operating system on the playbook was already suppose to be the "be all end all" ... Yes, it was....... And it seems they are saying "we bring botched that and are trying again... Now this NEXT attempt, well, THAT will be it..... Oh yes!"

    So... I dunno. Seems they keep promising grand things and dont deliver. The playbook is really fine as is- certainly no ipad killer and never will be but while I do wish RIM had delivered what it trumpeted prior to april 19 2011, it does what i need.

    But no.... Not convinced.
  23. Chrisy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    14,843 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    The BlackBerry 10 that we are seeing videos and pics of is the phone I've been waiting for! I said I'd never be an early adoptor again. But BB10 may make me a liar! I'm liking it hat I've seen so far, and heard.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-09-2012 at 07:07 AM.
    G-bone likes this.
  24. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,773 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varunsain View Post
    Anyone care to explain why they not convinced or worried about being eaten alive if you did so??

    Don't worry.. I'll report all the junk in here.. Let's keep this clean and justified..
    It's not really a matter of convinced or not for me. I didn't vote because the 2nd option sounded to me like I would not consider a BB10 phone at all. I'm simply unsure what the heck I'm going to buy at this moment. As I said in a similar thread to this, I'm going to let BB10 and WP8 spend about 3 months in people's hands a swell as watching to see what Android and iOS do during that time, before I decide.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  25. varunsain's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,405 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    It's not really a matter of convinced or not for me. I didn't vote because the 2nd option sounded to me like I would not consider a BB10 phone at all. I'm simply unsure what the heck I'm going to buy at this moment. As I said in a similar thread to this, I'm going to let BB10 and WP8 spend about 3 months in people's hands a swell as watching to see what Android and iOS do during that time, before I decide.
    For all you know the prices might just drop half way down!! (not a good thing)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions