- 12-15-12, 12:35 PM #2
If it's under warranty you could RMA it.
This happened to one of my PB's. RMA'd it, less than a week from the call to having the PB back with a new body. I believe the guts of it are the same.
From my experience the RMA process was very quick and efficient. I was very pleased with the service and happy to have my PB back.
If they decide not to fix it, they still pay shipping to them and back to you. It is a no cost proposition to you.
- 12-15-12, 04:05 PM #5
The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
Email: email@example.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805
Playbook French Support
Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
- CrackBerry Genius
12-15-12, 05:08 PM #6
- 3,524 Posts
RoboF2 to the rescue.
I think all your info should be in a sticky somewhere.
ZMA- The 90 day tech support is for things like setup issues and starts after you register the PB with RIM. With hardware failures they will always take your call.
- 12-16-12, 09:10 PM #10
In case you can't return it (like I couldn't) I strongly recommend using a case as the rubber tear WILL spread and destroy your pb unless you cut it off or protect it with a case.Sent from my NEW PASSPORT
or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook
- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)
- 12-16-12, 10:06 PM #11
I actually think that the constant in and out on my OEM convertible case might have accelerated the process of the wearing away of the rubber on my PlayBook. But it's well used and had it from the beginning so I'm not too concerned about it. It hasn't made it to the back yet for me. Just the bottom around the ports.
I misunderstood what the OP was saying. Thought he was referring to the soft touch rubber not the rubber ring between the glass and the edge. Oops.
Last edited by axllebeer; 12-17-12 at 10:39 AM.I am the one who knocks...
- CrackBerry User
12-17-12, 10:34 AM #12
- 44 Posts
Re: Black rubber surrounding bezel and corners
For those (like me!) whose Playbook is more than a year old, there is a repair solution on ifixit at:
Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
- By ipap in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 3Last Post: 03-25-09, 09:51 AM
- By graysonbold in forum Accessory ReviewsReplies: 6Last Post: 03-05-09, 10:17 PM
- By msteiner0539 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 34Last Post: 02-28-09, 01:10 AM
- By msteiner0539 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 3Last Post: 01-09-09, 10:52 AM
- By lukadabuca in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 86Last Post: 12-31-08, 05:15 AM